Zayn Malik signed off 1D tour

Comments

• Miss XYZMiss XYZ Posts: 14,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mimicole wrote: »
    "Stress" or "exhaustion" are usually code words for rehab....

I can't stand One Direction but I do hope that it isn't serious.

I don't think that they really want to do this anymore. They're all a little older than they were when they were on the X Factor and they're probably sick of the crap music that Cowell is making them record. I don't think that they have many albums left in them.

He's very likely just gone home to try and sort out his love life after the pictures of him cuddling another girl and holding hands with her appeared online yesterday or whenever it was. That'll be the reason he's stressed.
  • Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cosin wrote: »
    Great band. Hope he's OK. The amount of gigs they do is astonishing.

not credible though
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Columbian flu more like.
  • KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    Stressed because he (allegedly) got caught with his pants down.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    How about if you haven't got a friggin clue who or what the title is on about.

Steady on, why get your knickers in a twist? (S)He explained what it was about. :confused:
    Surprised this isn't in the showbiz or music forums.
  • 80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stress?

What planet are some of these people on? If the pressure is too much, perhaps he needs to leave showbiz behind, and the fame, fortune and all it brings, and live in the real world.

Then he might know what the stress of working actually is.
  • Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,988
    Forum Member
    He's looked like he wants to be anywhere else than with them for a while now.
  • zeze88zeze88 Posts: 1,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it is highly unprofessional to do this. Stress is the reason, really? And like other boybands didn't experience that? I don't think any boyband member has ever done that... you may not appear on TV if you are sick or something, but this is not a good excuse. This is the tour we are talking about, millions have bought the tickets to see you, you owe them.

Unless this is maybe just a lame cover up and something bigger is going on, maybe he is thinking of quitting. Who knows, we'll see soon enough.
  • Alex_OkoampaAlex_Okoampa Posts: 111
    Forum Member
    Anyone can get stressed. They're always on the go and we don't know how much work they do. Just cos they earn alot of money they get it easy? No. so this speculation... It's nonsense
  • AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope he gets better, I have to say that he probably is very stressed, constantly in the public eye, constantly gossiped about, constant rumors going around about him.
    I imagine he is quite stressed, hopefully he'll get better soon as he's one of the best vocalists in the group.
    Having said that, he's looked quite ill for a while now, actually I think the only two that still look healthy are Liam and Niall.
    Whatever the reason for his absence I wish him a speedy recovery.
    Forum Member
    AdzPower wrote: »
    I hope he gets better, I have to say that he probably is very stressed, constantly in the public eye, constantly gossiped about, constant rumors going around about him.
    I imagine he is quite stressed, hopefully he'll get better soon as he's one of the best vocalists in the group.
    Having said that, he's looked quite ill for a while now, actually I think the only two that still look healthy are Liam and Niall.
    Whatever the reason for his absence I wish him a speedy recovery.

For a lot of the gossip, he doesn't help himself though to be fair. There has been stuff, really nasty stuff, said about him though that isn't his fault but in this situation, he could have helped himself out lol.
  • samantha_vinesamantha_vine Posts: 1,817
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For a lot of the gossip, he doesn't help himself though to be fair. There has been stuff, really nasty stuff, said about him though that isn't his fault but in this situation, he could have helped himself out lol.

what nasty stuff has been said about him?
    Forum Member
    what nasty stuff has been said about him?

Just one example: http://www.debbieschlussel.com/50331/mega-pop-star-pimping-islam-on-your-daughters/

"Keep your daughters away from Zayn Malik’s enticing jihad"

"He knows the power he has over these mindless girls and is using that influence to preach the Islamic faith to them and try to convert them. It’s dangerous. And there’s a reason he tweeted that he didn’t have a girlfriend on the same day he tweeted Islamic preaching. 'Hey, if you convert to Islam, you can be my girltoy'."
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    1 down 4 to go

Or 3 to go. Can't have a one man boy band.
  • Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CLL Dodge wrote: »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_rVzBt20N0
  • djfunnymandjfunnyman Posts: 12,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CLL Dodge wrote: »

I'm sure Harry Styles would try and continue as a 1 man band
  • Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I got my head bitten off in the 1D thread for saying this but if he's gone in to hiding it show's he's guilty of something doesn't it?
  • TejasTejas Posts: 5,027
    Forum Member
    Its on Sky News now, the man has no idea of stress.

How the hell would you know?? Goodness knows what's going on in the lad's life - I hate the attitude that everyone who has money and fame is happy and doesn't experience any issues that can affect anybody in their life.

I'm NOT a 1D fan at all by the way, in fact I'd be quite pleased if they did pack it in, but I hope the guy is OK, he's done nothing to offend me.
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Miss XYZ wrote: »
    He's very likely just gone home to try and sort out his love life after the pictures of him cuddling another girl and holding hands with her appeared online yesterday or whenever it was. That'll be the reason he's stressed.

That's what I thought.
  • Grabid RanniesGrabid Rannies Posts: 4,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember the staged XF episode pre-empting the idea of putting the five together as a 'band', where ZM wanted to walk from the boot-camp phase to avoid having to dance. Perhaps he's just now asserting the fact that he can't dance, can't talk and the only thing about him is the way he walks?
  • Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope Zayn told the job centre he was working while he was signed on...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sex'n'drugs'n'rock'n'roll'n'lots o' cash . .

Gets them all in the end . .

Get well soon, dude . . .
  • blueface2222blueface2222 Posts: 3,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He won't have been doing many more work than the others. Their performances aren't very energetic it's just walking around in different directions always looks a bit of a mess to me. I mean look at Girls Aloud they have dance routines etc and yes they mime too:D but that sort of dancing night on night would take it's toll on you, but not the 1D type although the travelling too.

I reckon he's quit due to these relationship rumours. To be fair they looked bit suspect those pictures - as they were not just fan pics were they - holding hands etc, arms round waist... i don't know if its just people obsessing or not but i think it's these rumours that are the reason for this 'stress' break not anything to do with workload/travelling. I do think he is wanting to do something solo wise too... it's been on the grapevine and what Cowell said was a clue as it seems he has been pushing for it.

At this point, even if you hate each other it makes sense to carry on due to the obvious financial gains! :D I reckon he'll be back and he'll take back the whole i want to leave. Apparently Cheryl tried to quit Girls Aloud after the Ashley rumours for example - this sort of publicity can get to you and maybe that is what it is. If it is, management and the band will be out in full force trying to get him to change his mind.

I was more shocked that all 4 twitters from the other band members didn't have anything like Get well soon Zayn or etc... maybe there is something more to it? Liam wrote 'what a day' - that has sparked my suspicions that there is.
  • shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't particularly care for One Direction, but this belief and attitude that because he's just a pop singer with money, he can't really be stressed does my head in.

Their work load and schedule is crazy. They've released four albums in four years, doing world tours with each of those. They've barely had a second to take a step back and have time to themselves. The pressure on them to always deliver must be intense. I'm suprised it's taken this long for one of them to take time off like this, but I'm not suprised it's Zayn. Even back on X Factor, he was always the one who seemed the least comfortable with everything.
  • walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,919
    Forum Member
    Its on Sky News now, the man has no idea of stress.

I wondered how long a pathetic comment like this would take. Only surprise is you didn't continue with 'try being out of work with 3 kids etc etc etc'.