Options

Modern day singers who represent 90's dance acts

Steve_HarrimanSteve_Harriman Posts: 1,115
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I was and still am a huge fan of many of the 90's dance acts. Acts like 2 unlimited and culture beat and Clock and Cappella and Urban cookie collective . Not to mention Ace of base and so on and so forth. Apart from 2 Unlimited who still tour with Ray and Anita the original members of the band a lot of these acts are touring the uk and Europe with different singers .

For example Urban Cookie collective used to be fronted by 3 men and a woman ,now the act is touring with just a woman and not the same woman from the 90's . Cappella are touring with a whole new line up which I believe is a man and wife due. Culture Beat also tour with a stand alone female singer different to the several different ones they had in the 90's.

Now none of these acts have had a hit single for many years and some don't even have a record label so who is behind them now??

Who hires the singers to tour the songs??/ Will there be management team behind them or do the original founders of the group just sell the rights to anyone who wants them??

There is a gig later this year in London with Cappella and Ucc but not with original line up so not going. but who arranges these acts to perform these days??

Comments

• Options
    pearlsandplumspearlsandplums Posts: 29,604
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I met the vengaboys in a nightclub years ago, there was only one original vengaboy (kim) and three hangers on
  • Options
    Kirsty_Jones90Kirsty_Jones90 Posts: 1,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hmmm I liked 2 Unlimited with the 2 female singers, i was too young when the original 2 Unlimited was big.
    Tracks like Wanna get up and Never surrender :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still have the album by the female 2 Unlimited and it is very good. I was gutted when Ray and Anita left 2 Unlimited and when I found out the group was retuning I was over the moon. I rang the record company to find out the line up and was gutted when they told me it was a whole new line up.

It wasn't 2 Unlimited really with Romy and Marjon [ the two female singers] but still a good album with lots of brilliant songs. " Edge of heaven" by the female duo is my fav 2 Unlimited single . The female version didn't work out and both left the group.

In 2009 Ray and Anita reunited and performed together again and in 2013 reunited with the original producer to work under the name 2 Unlimited once again.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I met the vengaboys in a nightclub years ago, there was only one original vengaboy (kim) and three hangers on

The Vengaboys have always kept the same line up apart from the sailor who has been replaced twice.