Options

3's cancelation bullying

Skylover4lifeSkylover4life Posts: 1,310
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi,

I am appualed at 3's customer service line for the amount of bulling they give to you. I was amazed at how many times I had to say "I want to cancel my contract and payments to you FULL STOP".

I told them that I wanted to switch networks and she wouldn't stop, she went though 10 different options, ALL contacting a 18 month contract and I was like NO I want to switch to a 30 day contract.

I mentioned terrible service (it aint really), bad signal and expensive payment plans, all she spoke about was the signal and was like "I see you have excellent Orange signal". I shouted again "I JUST WANT TO CANCEL". I told them that I don't like the puesading tatics.

After over half an hour on the phone and me literally shouting at her (I was polite for about 20mins, I've never ever shouted on the phone and I don't like it, but it was the only way I wanted it to get in her brain), she finally caught on that I wanted to cancel and switched the plan to a PAYG plan after the 30 days.

I am FUMING!

Comments

• Options
    prkingprking Posts: 9,794
    Forum Member
    That sounds like persuading you, not bullying you.
  • Options
    chris20chris20 Posts: 3,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it took me 2 days to cancel mine 3 are desperate to keep people as so many are leaving due to a crap service and network if 3 want to keep people they need to have a big look at the way they treat people and there customer service.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    prking wrote: »
    That sounds like persuading you, not bullying you.

It doesn't take HALF AND HOUR to puersade someone and saying your not interested about 50 times or maybe more (50 is not an estimation).

I understand them pursading for a few minutes but not over half an hour, making you have to shout.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 405
    Forum Member
    'Persuading'
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'Persuading'

Thanks for correcting the dyslexic.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    They didn't make you shout, you chose to. If I'm getting nowhere with a phone call. I just hang up and start again.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Three have a shock coming soon from me in less than 30 days time when i cancel 3 contracts, i want to see what they do for me first same issues bad connection mostly.

To cut a long story short they say there 3 new masts going live in January in my area as soon as they go live "supposedly" i still receiving bad service i cancelling.

Don't get me wrong there the cheapest network i have ever been with but it seems they say the same thing, "New mast going live, better signal coverage soon, do you want the phone fixed"

Enough is enough
  • Options
    skimminstonesskimminstones Posts: 8,403
    Forum Member
    kiellliam wrote: »
    Three have a shock coming soon from me in less than 30 days time when i cancel 3 contracts, i want to see what they do for me first same issues bad connection mostly.

Not really sure the whole company will jump in shock at your 3 contracts being cancelled :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not really sure the whole company will jump in shock at your 3 contracts being cancelled :p

They should jump further, when i get ofcom and trading standards involved due there shocking service

They should take a leaf out of Apple CS, Microsoft doing it
  • Options
    Forum Member
    They should jump further, when i get ofcom and trading standards involved due there shocking service

They should take a leaf out of Apple CS, Microsoft doing it

Ofcom don't investigate individual complaints. I can't believe you think Apple and Microsoft have good customer service.

If you want to complain, you need to do it properly and to the correct people. If you contact Consumer Direct, they can advise you as to the best course of action.
  • Options
    belleville1belleville1 Posts: 2,674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My cancellation experience with 3:

Me: "I'd like to cancel and get my PAC, please."
    Them: "Well, if you change your mind, we can offer you x minutes and texts with the Nokia blah-blah-blah at £20 a month, it's a special deal down from £25."
    Me: "No thanks, I'd like my PAC, please."
    Them: "Why are you cancelling with us?"
    Me: "Because you don't have a very good signal in some places I visit a lot."
    Them: "OK, it's ABC123456. Thanks for using 3."

Quite how you managed to keep them for half an hour is beyond me.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I mentioned terrible service (it aint really), bad signal and expensive payment plans, all she spoke about was the signal and was like "I see you have excellent Orange signal". I shouted again "I JUST WANT TO CANCEL". I told them that I don't like the puesading tatics.
    Always surprised why people feel they need to lie about things in order to make a cancellation. If you are cancelling there is no need to lie about it, they can't refuse your cancellation (assuming you are outside your contract).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,750
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BT@home wrote: »
    Always surprised why people feel they need to lie about things in order to make a cancellation. If you are cancelling there is no need to lie about it, they can't refuse your cancellation (assuming you are outside your contract).

Exactly. Just say you are looking to move on and say no to any incentives they may off and they will give you the PAC code and cancel the contract. Simple.

I have not used 3 for a while, although I think they need to improve customer service and they need an exclusive phone. All networks have them now. O2 has the iPhone, Vodafone has the Blackberry Storm and T-Mobile has the G1. 3 and Orange seem to be missing out.
  • Options
    madnesmadnes Posts: 1,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Normally its called objection handling and not bullying.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 300
    Forum Member
    madnes wrote: »
    Normally its called objection handling and not bullying.

Just to jump on board this discussion, I have had a first hand experience of threes bullying tactics myself, trying to cancel my contract last month. I am not sure if bullying is the right word but the people I spoke with were very rude and would not listen to a single thing I was saying, I would say 'I would like my PAC please' and then they would start talking about some deal, I would say 'no I would just like my PAC please', they would then ignore that request again, and this went on and on for about 15 minutes until eventually I demanded the PAC and shouted and eventually they listened. I dont think that anyone can comment unless they have had first hand experience of this because I myself would never have believed the shocking level of service from three. I know they are a small network and need to retain as many customers as possible but they are not doing themselves any favours with these tactics, and the experience I have had had put me off ever going back.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I feel I can comment,

I was billed on a incorrect tarrif 3 resolved this.
    I have been with 3 since March. I dropped my phone and a car went over it - 3 replaced it. I had no insurance!
    I was having problems with my Broadband dongle connection after it going into repair etc. 3 agreed to release me with out penalty charges.
    I have always found them pleasant - The Indian call centers are probably the friendliest I have spoken to - trust me have you ever spoken to Barclaycard!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,750
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    madnes wrote: »
    I feel I can comment,

I was billed on a incorrect tarrif 3 resolved this.
    I have been with 3 since March. I dropped my phone and a car went over it - 3 replaced it. I had no insurance!
    I was having problems with my Broadband dongle connection after it going into repair etc. 3 agreed to release me with out penalty charges.
    I have always found them pleasant - The Indian call centers are probably the friendliest I have spoken to - trust me have you ever spoken to Barclaycard!!
    Do you work for 3 or something? lol.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kyussmondo wrote: »
    Exactly. Just say you are looking to move on and say no to any incentives they may off and they will give you the PAC code and cancel the contract. Simple.

I have not used 3 for a while, although I think they need to improve customer service and they need an exclusive phone. All networks have them now. O2 has the iPhone, Vodafone has the Blackberry Storm and T-Mobile has the G1. 3 and Orange seem to be missing out.

I didn't mention anything like that until they kept me on the phone for ages, I just wanted them to get it into them that I wanted to go, the only deals they could do is crap 18month deals for like 2 pound more than you can get on a 30 day one.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ofcom don't investigate individual complaints. I can't believe you think Apple and Microsoft have good customer service.

If you want to complain, you need to do it properly and to the correct people. If you contact Consumer Direct, they can advise you as to the best course of action.

Microsoft don't have good CS quite the opposite, i hate Microsoft

Apple on the other hand have fantastic customer service they excellent and defend there customers
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I have mobile broadband with them which is appalling. They will be losing my custom as well as the first available opportunity.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Microsoft don't have good CS quite the opposite, i hate Microsoft

Apple on the other hand have fantastic customer service they excellent and defend there customers

Who do they defend their customers from?
  • Options
    red_g00nerred_g00ner Posts: 817
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who do they defend their customers from?

don't provoke the apple fanboy or steve jobs will be round your house.....

seriously, l switched my wife to 3 a few years back which was the worst decision l made.

l seem to remember being given the the run around when l wanted the PAC code when her contract ended.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kyussmondo wrote: »
    Do you work for 3 or something? lol.

Who me nope
  • Options
    TheBigMTheBigM Posts: 13,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    On the phone I haven't had such problems with them. The only problems I have had have been with them persistently calling me up offering me deals. That hasn't happened in several years though.

I always find the words one uses matters greatly. Precision and clarity are key. You have to speak as though you are speaking to a machine, British politeness or colloquialisms don't help but a firm, insistent and yet civil voice have helped me get what I want pretty much instantly from most call centres.

The ones I hate the most are TfL's!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    red_g00ner wrote: »
    don't provoke the apple fanboy or steve jobs will be round your house.....

seriously, l switched my wife to 3 a few years back which was the worst decision l made.

l seem to remember being given the the run around when l wanted the PAC code when her contract ended.

:eek: How do you manage to look after 3 wives!!!!!!:p

I've tried to stay away from contracts in case this sort of thing happened with me. My Sister was in a contract with T-Mobile (I think) and she had a shocking time trying to cancel