Options

Kerry Katona Next Chapter

124»

Comments

• Options
    stash22stash22 Posts: 5,370
    Forum Member
    WAKEYLASS wrote: »
    I must admit, when I watched the show when Sue was asking for a cruise...it didn't sound like a joke (as Sue later claimed it was). KK sounded serious when she told her mother that she couldn't afford it, so I think Nevile was right in saying what he did, afterall it's because of the likes of her mother and Croft that KK is so messed up in the first place on numerous levels!

I was wondering at the time if she was joking or not. I think, with Sue, it's half joking but she is clearly half hoping Kerry will turn around and say 'oh yes, I'll take you on a cruise' (which is probably what KK has done in the past whenever she's been asked for something from her). The fact she can even attempt to push her luck by suggesting these things shows she's not really grasping the reality of KK's problems. I can understand to a point why though - Kerry's living in expensive mansion, cars etc, even though it's paid for by CAN I dont think it shows Sue how dire the situation actually is.

I actually quite like Nevile though, he doesnt just say what Kerry wants to hear, which I feel alot of others do. Her life coaches, other CAN managers etc all seem to plaster on smiles for her, give hugs and attention and I just cant work out if they've really got her best interests at heart or whether it's purely motivated by money. Nevile actually appears to care about her and it seems he's been spot on with his opinions of her boyfriend, mother and other hangers-on.

I never thought it was because he had a 'thing' for her, but I could see that as a possibilty as he does seem very passionate where she's concerned....
  • Options
    hunniebunhunniebun Posts: 1,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stash22 wrote: »
    I was wondering at the time if she was joking or not. I think, with Sue, it's half joking but she is clearly half hoping Kerry will turn around and say 'oh yes, I'll take you on a cruise' (which is probably what KK has done in the past whenever she's been asked for something from her). The fact she can even attempt to push her luck by suggesting these things shows she's not really grasping the reality of KK's problems. I can understand to a point why though - Kerry's living in expensive mansion, cars etc, even though it's paid for by CAN I dont think it shows Sue how dire the situation actually is.

I actually quite like Nevile though, he doesnt just say what Kerry wants to hear, which I feel alot of others do. Her life coaches, other CAN managers etc all seem to plaster on smiles for her, give hugs and attention and I just cant work out if they've really got her best interests at heart or whether it's purely motivated by money. Nevile actually appears to care about her and it seems he's been spot on with his opinions of her boyfriend, mother and other hangers-on.

I never thought it was because he had a 'thing' for her, but I could see that as a possibilty as he does seem very passionate where she's concerned....

I think it would be one thing for Neville to say it to Kerry in private. But where families are concerned it's a really tricky one - as Kerry said, she can criticise her mum as much as she likes - but it hurts when others do. I think that's the same with most families - functional or dis-functional.
    I know my children - they feel they can be as rude as they want to each other - but if any kids outside of the family said anything bad about one of their brothers, they would fight their brother's corner with passion.
  • Options
    stash22stash22 Posts: 5,370
    Forum Member
    hunniebun wrote: »
    I think it would be one thing for Neville to say it to Kerry in private. But where families are concerned it's a really tricky one - as Kerry said, she can criticise her mum as much as she likes - but it hurts when others do. I think that's the same with most families - functional or dis-functional.
    I know my children - they feel they can be as rude as they want to each other - but if anyone kids outside of the family said anything bad about on of their brothers, they would fight their brother's corner with passion.

Yes, I do agree with that. I've felt the same way with my family, it's one thing for me to have an issue with any of them but if anybody else were to say something I would be hurt and defensive. It's natural instinct for most families to behave that way. I was taken aback by how Nevile was speaking about her mother but presumed that Kerry approves the content of the show before it has been aired.
  • Options
    WAKEYLASSWAKEYLASS Posts: 6,085
    Forum Member
    hunniebun wrote: »
    I know my children - they feel they can be as rude as they want to each other - but if any kids outside of the family said anything bad about one of their brothers, they would fight their brother's corner with passion.
    Yes, I do agree with that. I've felt the same way with my family, it's one thing for me to have an issue with any of them but if anybody else were to say something I would be hurt and defensive. It's natural instinct for most families to behave that way. I was taken aback by how Nevile was speaking about her mother but presumed that Kerry approves the content of the show before it has been aired.

I agree with both of your posts, but being cynical as I am, CAN and Neville make the show and have to be seen as KK's saviours (for want of a better word). Last week she even admitted that in the past she was over generous with her money and that's why she is in the mess she's in. Maybe by airing Neville's opinions, it was a masked message to all these spongers to back off as KK is in a serious dire financial position. She seems very vulnerable and soft and could be in that position again if not monitored closely. Fair enough Sue is her mother, but a couple of weeks ago, KK didn't have a problem in showing the scenes when her mother kicked off when her home was repossessed - showing Sue to be very unreasonable. KK has a weakness for her mother who let's not forget introduced her to drugs and Croft in the first place. Maybe now that Neville has a vested interest in KK, he is protective of her.
  • Options
    user1234567user1234567 Posts: 12,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I seriously doubt that. Kerry was in a very weak position when CAN took her on and would not be able to dicate terms. Anything that is filmed would (imo) be fair game for editing.
  • Options
    i_am_a_gremlini_am_a_gremlin Posts: 3,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Had to laugh...no money in bank for a weekend for her and kids...but she goes to hairdresser and shopping after begging for money from CAN....
    She makes me sick :mad:

Im
    Thinking I should go bankrupt if it means I get a huge house (with swimming pool) a BMW X5 to prance about in and holidays here there and every feckin where :mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does Neville have any real power? I always got the impression his position was based on him impregnating the organ grinder about five years ago?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    in one episode when kerry was at her mams new house it showed kez's mam asking kez to buy her a new shed which was £500 kez did this then her mam asked kez to buy her some blinds to which kez replied ' im bankrupt!'

also im assumming that CAN aka nev n claire are paying the rent/have brought the house which kerrys mam is living in now after her old one got repossed??! how long will that last i wonder?!

kerry doesnt need a man i think that is what neville was trying to say in the last episode,she needs to concentrate on herself and her kids, she despo for love and attention.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    in one episode when kerry was at her mams new house it showed kez's mam asking kez to buy her a new shed which was £500 kez did this then her mam asked kez to buy her some blinds to which kez replied ' im bankrupt!'

also im assumming that CAN aka nev n claire are paying the rent/have brought the house which kerrys mam is living in now after her old one got repossed??! how long will that last i wonder?!

kerry doesnt need a man i think that is what neville was trying to say in the last episode,she needs to concentrate on herself and her kids, she despo for love and attention.

This is what I don't understand...why do CAN feel the need to rent her mum a place? Why can't Sue apply to the council or a housing association in the area to find her accomodation? I think Sue backtracked and made out the cruise was a joke when she saw the comments made Neville made about her on a previous episode. However, you've reminded me of the episode when KK bought her a shed and Sue wanted some blinds, this makes me convinced that Sue is trying to get whatever she can out of KK. I wouldn't be surprised if Sue went crying to KK after she saw Neville's comments and that's why KK commented on Neville last week. Sue is extremely manipulative with Kerry, and I think Neville can see through this, but sadly KK can't.
  • Options
    lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is what I don't understand...why do CAN feel the need to rent her mum a place? Why can't Sue apply to the council or a housing association in the area to find her accomodation? Sue is extremely manipulative with Kerry, and I think Neville can see through this, but sadly KK can't.

Maybe it's because they don't want Kerry worrying about her while she's got her own issues to deal with... if they didn't house her, manipulative grifter that she is, she'd probably pester KK about moving in with her, make her feel all guilty etc, and obviously that would not be productive for KK's 'rehabilitation'...

That the mother is comfortably housed means that's one less thing for KK to worry about since she does seem to be so easily manipulated.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    lexi22 wrote: »
    Maybe it's because they don't want Kerry worrying about her while she's got her own issues to deal with... if they didn't house her, manipulative grifter that she is, she'd probably pester KK about moving in with her, make her feel all guilty etc, and obviously that would not be productive for KK's 'rehabilitation'...

That the mother is comfortably housed means that's one less thing for KK to worry about since she does seem to be so easily manipulated.

Fair enough lexi - you've a point there, but it doesn't stop ol' Sue trying to cadge a little bit more off KK - the shed, then she tried to push her luck with the blinds. Imo, Sue is dangerous and knows exactly which buttons to press as far as KK is concerned.:)
  • Options
    lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fair enough lexi - you've a point there, but it doesn't stop ol' Sue trying to cadge a little bit more off KK - the shed, then she tried to push her luck with the blinds. Imo, Sue is dangerous and knows exactly which buttons to press as far as KK is concerned.:)

Oh don't get my wrong, I'm wasn't saying it's right or anything or defending the old witch, I was just offering a possible reason why CAN might have done this. And since she presumably also gets paid for appearing on the show, CAN obviously wants to keep her on-side for 'drama' etc. You raise a good point (BIB) above and it speaks (cynical) volumes imo about CAN's motivations here.

Bottom line, this is highly contrived, entertainment tv and it's all about money and ratings. Rehab but not as we know it and although I do not like KK, I do wonder what will happen to her when there's no more reality show...
  • Options
    fredsterfredster Posts: 31,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    Oh don't get my wrong, I'm wasn't saying it's right or anything or defending the old witch, I was just offering a possible reason why CAN might have done this. And since she presumably also gets paid for appearing on the show, CAN obviously wants to keep her on-side for 'drama' etc. You raise a good point (BIB) above and it speaks (cynical) volumes imo about CAN's motivations here.

Bottom line, this is highly contrived, entertainment tv and it's all about money and ratings. Rehab but not as we know it and although I do not like KK, I do wonder what will happen to her when there's no more reality show...

Or when CAN get no repayment on their investement in her.
    When will they and she see her"career" is over. she plays the same sympathy card over and over again.
    There are younger and prettier girls out there now,
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ive no doubt we'll see our beloved kez in the jungle later this year sniffing n flapping bout shes doing it for er kids:rolleyes:,member the last time she was in the jungle when we all warmed to her:rolleyes: and she sobbed and flapped from the time she got there that she didnt want to be there etc:rolleyes: and that she was missing her daughters 1st birthday.

on another note how exactly is kez going to pay back CAN all this money??!shes sold her house and her mams house to pay off her bankruptcy but meanwhile CAN are paying for the rent on kez 's house present and previous one,paying for her 3/4 kids school fees and surely they must be taking a % of kez's earning as her management team.seems to me that kez will be forever in debt to them.

wouldnt we all like a few million to squander away and then have the chance to earn it all back!:rolleyes::D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ive no doubt we'll see our beloved kez in the jungle later this year sniffing n flapping bout shes doing it for er kids:rolleyes:,member the last time she was in the jungle when we all warmed to her:rolleyes: and she sobbed and flapped from the time she got there that she didnt want to be there etc:rolleyes: and that she was missing her daughters 1st birthday.

on another note how exactly is kez going to pay back CAN all this money??!shes sold her house and her mams house to pay off her bankruptcy but meanwhile CAN are paying for the rent on kez 's house present and previous one,paying for her 3/4 kids school fees and surely they must be taking a % of kez's earning as her management team.seems to me that kez will be forever in debt to them.

wouldnt we all like a few million to squander away and then have the chance to earn it all back!:rolleyes::D

I really enjoy IACGMOOH but I will NOT watch it if this waste of space is in it...she spoiled DOI for me and I'll be raging if she spoils this too :mad:
  • Options
    alfiewozerealfiewozere Posts: 29,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really enjoy IACGMOOH but I will NOT watch it if this waste of space is in it...she spoiled DOI for me and I'll be raging if she spoils this too :mad:
    I'm with you on that, I would hat to see her back in the jungle. She was funny and endearing last time, but she wouldn't be this time. Too much has happened since then, and I actually find her quite disturbing to watch.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm with you on that, I would hat to see her back in the jungle. She was funny and endearing last time, but she wouldn't be this time. Too much has happened since then, and I actually find her quite disturbing to watch.

yep...she makes my skin crawl
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Had to laugh...no money in bank for a weekend for her and kids...but she goes to hairdresser and shopping after begging for money from CAN....
    She makes me sick :mad:

Im
    Thinking I should go bankrupt if it means I get a huge house (with swimming pool) a BMW X5 to prance about in and holidays here there and every feckin where :mad:

Thats exactly what I thought, wondered where the X5 cropped up from and then she went to her moms in the people carrier. :eek:
  • Options
    fredsterfredster Posts: 31,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Me too, I am fed up with her. She has nothing to offer anymore. We have heard and seen it all.
  • Options
    FringoFringo Posts: 7,995
    Forum Member
    I watched part of the show for the first time last night - I only watched one episode of a previous series before because her mother just upsets me too much! The one I watched before was with her mother drunk as a skunk and being absolutely hateful to Kerry and the kids at a party. Going on and on about Kerry being mad.

Last night it was really pleasant to see Kerry more back to her old self.

I don't watch the Jordan and PA shows so I can't compare them but KK seems to have enough going on in her life to sustain hers.

Not sure I'll watch again but was pleasantly surprised.

Really hope she can continue to recover but you can't help noticing her utter fragility and that it could go hideously wrong with a click of the fingers.