Worst Facebook status updates

Comments

• wns_195wns_195 Posts: 13,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It annoys me when people copy those chain statuses that they think are clever, because they aren't. Take the one I saw today. It went something like this (sorry can't be bothered to go to FB and paste it): If you cross the North Korean border illegally you get sent to a harsh labour camp. If you cross the Afghanistan border illegally you get shot. 2 Americans were jailed for 8 years for entering Iran illegally. Come to the UK illegally and get benefits, free healthcare and free education for your children.

First comment from thick friend agreed with the status, so I decided to let the person know why the status she thinks is clever is actually stupid, going over each claim made therein.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    One's I always hated was people bragging about how trashed they were on the weekend, like it was a badge of honour or something. In retrospect, I just think I outgrew a lot of friends on my facebook which is why I deleted it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2 main annoyances at the minute:

Pregnancy updates. "aww ma babi boi iz kikin loadz 2day. gonna b a mummy soon!!!!!!!!" Drives me up the wall. Usually accompanied by a scan picture.

"Why should I even bother with life?", along with lots of "you OK?" comments. Surprisingly not from an emo teenage girl, but a fully grown man who really should have more sense.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    podgicus wrote: »
    2 main annoyances at the minute:

Pregnancy updates. "aww ma babi boi iz kikin loadz 2day. gonna b a mummy soon!!!!!!!!" Drives me up the wall. Usually accompanied by a scan picture.

"Why should I even bother with life?", along with lots of "you OK?" comments. Surprisingly not from an emo teenage girl, but a fully grown man who really should have more sense.

BIB - They usually follow that by saying "I don't want to talk about" Why put it on Facebook then?! Sympathy hunters.
  • Dr. LinusDr. Linus Posts: 6,445
    Forum Member
    Regarding people posting statuses about their health, their children, their new job, etc... you do realise that the whole point of Facebook is to keep your friends up to date with what's going on in your life? Those kind of statuses are what Facebook is for. The pointless stuff, yeah, that's needless. But if you have a problem with personal stuff being posted, then I'm afraid it's a problem with Facebook you have, not your friends - because they're using it in exactly the way it was designed for.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 241
    Forum Member
    Yes I have a lousy figure. Yes I look tired all the time and yes I am constantly skint. But ya know what I'm a NAN. I don't have time to go clubbing or the money to spend on fancy clothes. My grandchildren come first. My grandchildren are the joys of my life and every time I hear that little voice call NANNY my heart sings. Keep ya fancy cars and expensive outfits. I'm a NAN and proud.

Copy and paste etc etc etc

"I don't have time to go clubbing."- do nans actually do that these days anyway?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I have a lousy figure. Yes I look tired all the time and yes I am constantly skint. But ya know what I'm a NAN. I don't have time to go clubbing or the money to spend on fancy clothes. My grandchildren come first. My grandchildren are the joys of my life and every time I hear that little voice call NANNY my heart sings. Keep ya fancy cars and expensive outfits. I'm a NAN and proud.

Copy and paste etc etc etc

"I don't have time to go clubbing."- do nans actually do that these days anyway?

Yes because they're only in their 30s! :D
  • CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One of my old uni friends actually posted about having her new lounge carpet fitted the other day. Worse still she included photos of said carpet in situ. It was a cream carpet. Another friend has just had her first baby so constant status updates about the little sprog with photos to go with. They're both on the verge of being deleted. Can't people be a bit more imaginative with their status updates?
  • GetMeOuttaHereGetMeOuttaHere Posts: 17,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    An old school friend posted about her son's constant nose bleed and the blood being everywhere, she then spent the next hour liking every comment that oohed and aahed yet ignored my advice of ring NHS Direct with the accompanying phone number. Attention seeking at it's worst.
  • pixel_pixelpixel_pixel Posts: 6,694
    Forum Member
    Well I have come to the conclusion that some of my Facebook friends have undiagnosed problems form their posts!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 459
    Forum Member
    I hate the constant lyrics and movie quotes that my brother has in his status, because we have quite a large family and we all have to be each other's Facebook friends so that we know every tiny detail that goes on in each others lives. And if we dare to reject each other's Facebook friend requests, then certain members of the family WILL make it their lives goal to slag you off everyone else in the family -- I've experienced this first hand for having the cheek to not check my Facebook for two days, therefore didn't add my aunt the second she added me.

His constant movie quotes/lyrics are taken out of context by all the "elder" members of the family. Not that long ago he had "I'm smoking" because he'd been watching The Mask. And in the comments he'd be talking to his friends ABOUT watching the Mask. I was told by THREE separate family members within the space of two days about how they're ashamed of my brother and I should be too because it's disgusting that he smokes.

He also had some lyrics about blackening his eyes and slitting someone's throat a few days ago -- that was taken seriously too. It's a song, I introduced him to the band that sing it.
  • HendersonHenderson Posts: 11,952
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I dislike the ones that pop up with pictures of young children with big lumps on their face. Share this and they get $3 towards an operation, or some such nonsense.
  • muntamunta Posts: 18,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The ones I hate

"so pissed off"
    "what up hon?"
    "don't want to talk about it"

WTF! Don't write a status then. It's not rocket science.
  • Bex7t6Bex7t6 Posts: 1,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wns_195 wrote: »
    It annoys me when people copy those chain statuses that they think are clever, because they aren't. Take the one I saw today. It went something like this (sorry can't be bothered to go to FB and paste it): If you cross the North Korean border illegally you get sent to a harsh labour camp. If you cross the Afghanistan border illegally you get shot. 2 Americans were jailed for 8 years for entering Iran illegally. Come to the UK illegally and get benefits, free healthcare and free education for your children.

First comment from thick friend agreed with the status, so I decided to let the person know why the status she thinks is clever is actually stupid, going over each claim made therein.

Oh gawd! This sort of thing is usually posted by the same ignoramuses that post statuses with 'If my Engerland flag offends you, then go back to where you came from' and the like.
    Other posts that annoy me are the ones making claims that Facebook is going to start charging. No it's not! Facebook makes plenty of money from advertising revenue to ever need to charge.
    Posts claiming 'insert name' is a paedophile who is going round Facebook adding children. There is never any evidence to back up the claims of such posts. The poster just blindly copies n pastes without even finding out if the claims are true before they possibly commit liable in some innocent person's name.
    There is a great page on Fb called Hoax Slayer which is brilliant if you ever wish to provide evidence to refute any wild claims seen copied n pasted by sheep.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,168
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, somebody else who's not in my friends anymore
    "Can't wait till my drinking session with my bestie such an such (tagged). Roll on 6 o'clock"
    Answer from tagged friend "It's gonna be great, babe"
    Do you really want all your other friends to: 1. notice they haven't been invited; 2. notice you've got nothing else important going on in your life; 3, notice you've got too much free time as you keep on posting completely irrelevant and pointless updates?
  • madscotsboymadscotsboy Posts: 272
    Forum Member
    XXXX has checkin in at "A&E"

followed by "OMG Whats up?!" "Hope your ok" "Is it serious" "Let me know your ok" "OMG I hope every is ok mate"

And guess what... They get no response.

If I see that kind of post again I'll have you checking into A&E for real!
  • Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Someone on my friends list posted the status "Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah" cue the replies "What's up babe" Whats up hun" The person replies: "I'm ok i guess"
  • pinkteddyx64pinkteddyx64 Posts: 2,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wns_195 wrote: »
    Come to the UK illegally and get benefits, free healthcare and free education for your children.
    It is good to know that the Digital Spy forums aren't the only outlet for propaganda! :rolleyes:

Has it occurred to a lot of people that not every single person who comes to the UK illegally gets benefits, free healthcare and free education for their children and that there are some people who come to the UK illegally that actually do get deported and get absolutely nothing??!! :mad::rolleyes:
  • Margo ChanningMargo Channing Posts: 5,240
    Forum Member
    Its already been mentioned but those bloody chain posts that people insist on sending you.

"this 3 legged baby has cancer and 4 arms. if you or your family have been affected in some way by 3 legged 4 armed cancer babies please keep this as your status for 1 hour in support"
  • Hobbes1966Hobbes1966 Posts: 5,363
    Forum Member
    shmisk wrote: »
    has anyone 'liked' that?

I would have lol.

Posts I hate are attention seeking ones and chain ones. Most of my friends are sensible and don't generally post inane drivel though chainmail posts are still put up :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    a girl i know keeps liking her friends status (i don't know the friend but her status keeps coming up in my feed :() and she keeps complaining that she has to give up smoking and drinking now she's pregnant, i would delete the girl that i know but i have to see her all the time and she's the type to kick off about things like that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I noticed a few people the other day were going to Miami.
    I take it they were doing their bit to cure Cancer or some other bollocks.
  • lovedoctor1978lovedoctor1978 Posts: 2,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I noticed a few people the other day were going to Miami.
    I take it they were doing their bit to cure Cancer or some other bollocks.

:D Why waste millions of £££s on research when all you have to do is post on fb?
    I had a rant about this stupidness last week, I was really hoping someone would come out in defence of it but I think they were scared off because the post got a few likes and a couple replies congratulating me for saying it.
    Shame cos I was in the mood for a "discussion"!
  • mike66mike66 Posts: 155
    Forum Member
    "Having a Costa" or "Can't sleep"........
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    shmisk wrote: »
    'Im pregnant!'
    'Snookypants wuvs her hunnybunch loads!'
    'I might delete facebook its a loadf of ****' (followed by lots of 'no babez!)
    'I am so ill. no one has ever been iller then me. if lots of my friends dont post sympathy comments i will have a huff' (well thats what they mean anyway)
    (posts whacky photo) 'sooooo wasted!'

:D:D:D
This discussion has been closed.