Anyone been to Almost famous in Manchester the burger place

2»

Comments

• ElanorElanor Posts: 13,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like burgers as much as anybody, but that website is bloody awful. And however good it is, no burger will ever be a 'unique dining experience'.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah, and the wonderful Hannah at Burgers and Bruce (my new favourite blog) liked the burger but didn't like the place much. I trust her, she is a burger connoisseur.
    http://www.burgersandbruce.com/2012/08/almost-famous-manchester_28.html
  • walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,564
    Forum Member
    Elanor wrote: »
    I like burgers as much as anybody, but that website is bloody awful. And however good it is, no burger will ever be a 'unique dining experience'.

I disagree with that, I had a burger cooked perfectly rare with emmenthal and bacon on the other week and it was as good a meal as I've eaten in years.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I disagree with that, I had a burger cooked perfectly rare with emmenthal and bacon on the other week and it was as good a meal as I've eaten in years.

Oh I can absolutely believe that - a good burger can be wonderful. But I honestly don't think it's 'unique', unless someone never eats out and has nothing to compare it to. There are hundreds of wonderful burger places out there.
  • walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,564
    Forum Member
    Elanor wrote: »
    Oh I can absolutely believe that - a good burger can be wonderful. But I honestly don't think it's 'unique', unless someone never eats out and has nothing to compare it to. There are hundreds of wonderful burger places out there.

There are depending on where you live. I don't know anywhere I can get a good burger anywhere near here.
  • Green ThingGreen Thing Posts: 1,885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it burnt down over the weekend... what a shame
  • RealityRocksRealityRocks Posts: 4,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :O I live in Manchester and had no idea it had burnt down.

On the plus side the Kiwi burger with matchstick fries, onion rings and homemade slaw from GBK in the Trafford Centre is the nicest burger meal I've ever eaten, no queues and no try-hards :)
  • Hank1234Hank1234 Posts: 3,756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Burgers are amazing here
  • Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I eat out a hell of a lot. Love food and love restaurants. In terms of burgers though, it depends on the sort of burger you're after. If you want a really good, greasy, amazing tasting burger, then Five Guys is the way to go. That's what they do. If you want your more gourmet type burger, then I'd say GBK or Byron Burger are the way to go...although I find Byron's burgers quite dry.
  • Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Actually, an incredible place for burgers is The Big Easy in Covent Garden. Forgot about that one!!