Kyle(ED) In The River

PopsiemiaPopsiemia Posts: 5,135
Forum Member
Did anyone else think that the first scene of little Kyle floating down the river looked very false?

Comments

• GlendarrochGlendarroch Posts: 20,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It did, but tbh I don't mind that. I think it would be difficult to make it look realistic, without a very big budget, and it was just a relatively minor scene, they're not going to spend vast amounts on it.
  • colgirlcolgirl Posts: 242
    Forum Member
    How did he go from being held by Amy one minute to floating down the river the next?
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I did as well, but there's not much they could have done really.
  • OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It did, but tbh I don't mind that. I think it would be difficult to make it look realistic, without a very big budget, and it was just a relatively minor scene, they're not going to spend vast amounts on it.

Agreed. It served its purpose perfectly well. :)

(And personally, I'm not sure kwynne's idea of using an extremely vertically challenged actor would have improved things to any great extent). :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    Agreed. It served its purpose perfectly well. :)

(And personally, I'm not sure kwynne's idea of using an extremely vertically challenged actor would have improved things to any great extent). :D
    Nah, Robbie had a dentist's appointment that day:D:D
  • OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Bahahahaha! :D:D:D
  • Melephunk2010Melephunk2010 Posts: 38,384
    Forum Member

Leave him alone you!!!! :mad: :p
  • sixtynotoutsixtynotout Posts: 1,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The whole bit made me laugh. 'Kyle' was floating down the river at 90 miles an hour with no movement whatsoever. Then Amy was running at the side of the bank one minute and the next minute was 'swimming' in the way kids pretend to by just laying and pushing themselves along with their arms in about 6 inches of water. I know they couldn't use a real child but surely it would have been better to have not even shown that part, just a splash and a child crying would have been enough.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The whole bit made me laugh. 'Kyle' was floating down the river at 90 miles an hour with no movement whatsoever. Then Amy was running at the side of the bank one minute and the next minute was 'swimming' in the way kids pretend to by just laying and pushing themselves along with their arms in about 6 inches of water. I know they couldn't use a real child but surely it would have been better to have not even shown that part, just a splash and a child crying would have been enough.
    I think they wanted to show her actually rescuing him though. Rivers aren't always very deep, even if they're fast flowing and she was near to the banks - you often see fishermen standing in them, with the water only up to their knees. That one had a very strong current, so she'd still have to swim - the force of the water could have knocked her over.
  • TheGrumpWizardTheGrumpWizard Posts: 1,547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Popsiemia wrote: »
    Did anyone else think that the first scene of little Kyle floating down the river looked very false?
    One of the most obvious uses of a doll/dummy I've ever seen. It was so amateurish it raised a chuckle in this household despite the gravity of the scene. As mentioned, they would have been better avoiding the shot if that's the best they could come up with.