eastenders 19 may

15678911»

Comments

• Ell_RenEll_Ren Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    kitkat1971 wrote: »
    She did say she was a little girl and didn't remember it well. Perhaps she's 3 years older than him and when they say he was a baby they're meaning more toddler - so perhaps he was 2 and she was 4 or 5? That would explain her remembering it only very vaguely as most people's memories start at about 4 but aren't consistent or clear - it's more 'images'. Also, unusual things tend to stick in the mind more so an emergency dash to A+2 might linger. For example, I very clearly remember being told my grandfather had died when I was 5 (exactly where I was in the my parents house, Dad kneeling down in front of me, what I did afterwards) but have no real memories of him - it was the shock of it that makes it stick in my mind rather than the 'day to day normality' memory of him as alive.

Yeah, that's true. Shirley basically said back in Jan that their mum left 37 years ago and the incident took place a few weeks after she left so if he was 2 then, would his age be about 39 now? I'm so confused by their ages! lol
    I think I find it harder to comprehend because I don't recall anything from below the age of about 8! I hear stories about being told of my grandparents dying and my mum dying, trips to A&E but I can't for the life of me place any of them! Its different for different people though obviously.
    I'm just trying to work out these ages! haha
  • kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,249
    Forum Member
    It would make sense for there to be 3 years between Tina and Mick (Tina born 74 and Mick 77) which would make Mick be very small by the time Tina's first memories were starting and tie in with Dyer's actual birthdate and that West Ham shirt and email address but the flaw in that is that it means both Lee and probably Nancy were born before Mcik (and Linda as I imagine they're the same age) were 16. It's possible but seems unlikely not to have been mentioned.

I personally think it's more likely there is about a year or 18 months between them (so Mick is 38, nearly 39) which would make him 15 or just 16 when Lee was born, then they married as soon as they could (Linda was a Carter by 17) and Nancy and Jonny are 'legal'. That could still work for the drowning if Mick was 2 or 3 (too young to remember) and Tina 4, nearly 5 when memories are emerging for most people. Other possibility is that Mick was older than that, mayve 4ish but has blocked it out due to the trauma which is more than possible. He's aware of it ebough in his subconscious to be nervous around water (or did I dream him saying that) which would be unusual if he was that tiny.
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stan asked him how he felt about water and he tried to laugh it off by saying that he was fine but you could tell he wasn't.
  • Last RequestLast Request Posts: 2,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another episode I found such chore to sit through. The ending was good shame the storyline will continue to drag though.

I can think of at least six actors on the show worst than Matt. Mick and Stan are carrying the Caters rest of them are the supporting cast.
  • xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,259
    Forum Member
    A chore?. You have an off button, or change the channel, you make it sound like you have to watch it.
  • HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xTonix wrote: »
    A chore?. You have an off button, or change the channel, you make it sound like you have to watch it.

:D I can't understand viewers like that, if I find something boring I turn over to something else, in the case of soaps if its not that appealing I just recorded or watch it on catch up so I can flip through with the fast forward button.
  • SoggyFroggySoggyFroggy Posts: 743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thought Matt Di Angelo's acting was pretty good. When he first joined in 2006 his screen acting was a bit exaggerated but i'd say he's much much better now definitely.

Nice twist with Abi there! They don't usually fully involve her in storylines, she's always in the backseat so will be interesting to see a less obvious character being involved in a main storyline.

I reckon Mick will be assuming that it was Stan that tried to drown him until he hears another story which puts Shirley in the picture.

Pretty good episode for a Monday.