Wireless Adaptor

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 683
Forum Member
✭✭
Hiya, I was lucky enough to get a 360 for Xmas (thanks wifey)!
I do feel a little cheated that you have to buy a wireless adaptor to use the online features.....even the Wii has one built in!!!!!!

Do I have to use the expensive official one or can I use any USB wireless adaptor?

Comments

• jjesso123jjesso123 Posts: 5,944
    Forum Member
    You could look at suing an old router as wireless bridge. No other product like wireless USB will work.
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wit tank wrote: »
    I do feel a little cheated that you have to buy a wireless adaptor to use the online features.....even the Wii has one built in!!!!!!

Do I have to use the expensive official one or can I use any USB wireless adaptor?

Did you get an old model 360 then?

The current (250GB & 4GB "Slim") models have WiFi b/g/n built-in.

Can you not use an Ethernet cable?
  • skunkboy69skunkboy69 Posts: 9,506
    Forum Member
    Not being wireless enabled was the biggest con ever on the early ones.It stopped me buying one.Microsoft at the cutting edge once again.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 468
    Forum Member
    Not having HDMI feed was another big let down.

Not having a larger hard disk was another let down.

What to expect from M$ though.
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jalal wrote: »
    Not having HDMI feed was another big let down.

Not having a larger hard disk was another let down.

What to expect from M$ though.

HDMI:

The original 360 came out in 2005. HDMI hadn't really got going at that point back in 2005. HD Ready TVs only just started appearing in 2005, while Blu-ray Disc players & HD DVD players had yet to be released. However the 360 could still output an HD signal via component or VGA, even without HDMI. HDMI was added in 2007, first via the release of the Elite, and then to all models.

HDD:

Although 20GB is small, there wasn't really any *need* for anything bigger at the time. Back then, you couldn't install games to the HDD, and there wasn't anywhere near the amount of XBL Marketplace content (e.g. DLC, XBLA games, etc.) as there is now. The Elite (120GB) came out in 2007 [same year we got the PS3 in the UK], while in 2008 the Premium was changed from 20GB to 60GB.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 75
    Forum Member
    With the release of the slim, the 360 is now the perfect console (in my humble opinion)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 162
    Forum Member
    wit tank wrote: »

Surely you have this version?

http://c1.adoctane.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/Xbox-360-Slim.jpg

If so wifi is built in....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vince_vega wrote: »
    With the release of the slim, the 360 is now the perfect console (in my humble opinion)

I love the fact they now include a Play & Charge kit with controllers. No more pissing about with AA batteries and when the P&C battery gives out just buy another and away you go.