Game of Thrones (Season Two)

Comments

• ally08ally08 Posts: 34,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The close ups of the White Walkers was a definite yes moment and waiting for Dany to say Dracarys then seeing the result was another. Brienne/ Kingslayer interaction was perfect. Excellent stuff.

Oh the Brienne stuff was amazing, Jaime might not be so quick to tease her after seeing the way she dispatched those men without even breaking sweat.

He probably will though, he is Jaime after all but a fight between those two would be too close to call.

God she is fast.
  • ShadoutShadout Posts: 1,000
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Phatal41 wrote: »
    I like the baby dragons, but then again, i lilke the zombie army....

Fight?

I reckon that could be a pay-per-view event on it's own. Certainly better than any of the boxing that we've had to pay for in recent times.
  • ThrombinThrombin Posts: 9,416
    Forum Member
    Great episode, as usual! Loved the moment when Dany torched the warlock :D

One thing I didn't understand, though. Why did the Stark boys have to escape North to the wall? I thought Winterfell had been surrounded by their allies?
  • Phatal41Phatal41 Posts: 61
    Forum Member
    Thrombin wrote: »
    Great episode, as usual! Loved the moment when Dany torched the warlock :D

One thing I didn't understand, though. Why did the Stark boys have to escape North to the wall? I thought Winterfell had been surrounded by their allies?

That is a good point. In the show he said go North as the South was unsafe and unknown. But they were surrounded by Robs allies so i am also confused now!

Too many questions...need.....series......3.......NOW!
  • Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wanted to see Mance Raydor :( Where was the Hound anyway, was he behind Joffmeister?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I could tell you why the stark boys ran but that would be a massive spoiler. :p

I will say at the moment that they had no idea who was outside the walls, they ran through fear.
  • Apple_CrumbleApple_Crumble Posts: 21,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ally08 wrote: »
    I could tell you why the stark boys ran but that would be a massive spoiler. :p

I will say at the moment that they had no idea who was outside the walls, they ran through fear.

It seems to have been revealed elsewhere. :(
  • OnDatKryptoniteOnDatKryptonite Posts: 1,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wanted to see Mance Raydor :( Where was the Hound anyway, was he behind Joffmeister?

He left King's Landing last episode, did you miss him telling Joffrey F him, F the kingsguard and F the kingdom?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He left King's Landing last episode, did you miss him telling Joffrey F him, F the kingsguard and F the kingdom?

He was still in the Red Keep last time we saw him trying to get Sansa to tag along with him.
  • HelboreHelbore Posts: 16,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He was still in the Red Keep last time we saw him trying to get Sansa to tag along with him.

I think its fair to assume that when she decided not to go with him, he buggered off quickly whilst the battle was still going.

Still think Sansa should have gone with him. He actually is the knight in shining armour that she clearly dreamed about - only that his armour doesn't shine. Silly girl.
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    a brilliant finale,not as good as battle of blackwater bay but i never expected it to be, nice to see the finale seemed to be extended by 5-10mins(or was that just me)

so many points,ill try to be brief

*so glad stannis is alive and back at dragonstone, i wonder what he saw in the fire? him on the iron throne perhaps?

*theon,what a speech,had to laugh at the knockout blow though,at least he gets into s3..barely lol. RIP maester lewin

*annoyed tyrion got no recognition for his efforts as hand,i thought tywin respected him now?

*cant see joffrey-marjorie lasting long, this little %^$£ will get done over soon surely? i dare say cersei would possibly kill him and elevate tomin to king status

*robb stark got married! now a dispute with the freys looms it seems,hes lost all his momentum!

*a man says goodbye:( didnt like the face change but it was chilling,i would be over the moon if we see syrio again....maybe one day down the line when shes older we will see arya assasinate tywin or sir ilen

*the white walkers are on the march to the wall it seems,dont think the nights watch will be seen as a joke for long,they are gonna be needed big time! p.s i have a theory mance rayder may be uncle benjin!

*danys dream sequence was something special, when she walked into the throne room full of ash i had goosebumps,it was just amazing...i noticed she resisted the throne and khal drogo(another great moment) in order to get her dragons back. The fire scene was cracking and xaro and hollyoaks **** are proof you dont mess with the true queen!

great news about the ratings,i hope us fans never have to live in fear of cancellation for this truly perfect show

next time GOT comes back i will be a married man,just dont tell me fiance why im looking forward to this year passing so fast lol
  • OnDatKryptoniteOnDatKryptonite Posts: 1,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

... then Sansa did not go with him and he left her room to presumably head North as he said he intended. This is not hard to keep up with.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm, i'm wondering what the Tyrells are up to. Does anyone else think they're up to something?
  • HelboreHelbore Posts: 16,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hmm, i'm wondering what the Tyrells are up to. Does anyone else think they're up to something?

Opportunistic power-grabbers, methinks. Loras wanted to defeat Stannis for killing Renly and Marjorie simply wants to be THE queen,

Personally, I can see Marjorie walking al over Joffery and him being too stupid to realise she's controlling him. I also expect that Cercei might be in for an unpleasant surprise - Marjorie doesn't want another queen around.

I can almost see the Lannisters being unravelled from within and the Tyrells ending up with all the real power.

Having said that, they're all in for a severe assf*cking if the White Walkers have their way!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did anyone else laugh when Loras said his sister was innocent as she stood there in that dress?
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    whedon247 wrote: »
    danys dream sequence was something special, when she walked into the throne room full of ash i had goosebumps,it was just amazing

Meant to be snow I believe, a little too white to be ash.

Great scene though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Helbore wrote: »
    Opportunistic power-grabbers, methinks. Loras wanted to defeat Stannis for killing Renly and Marjorie simply wants to be THE queen,

Personally, I can see Marjorie walking al over Joffery and him being too stupid to realise she's controlling him. I also expect that Cercei might be in for an unpleasant surprise - Marjorie doesn't want another queen around.

I can almost see the Lannisters being unravelled from within and the Tyrells ending up with all the real power.

Having said that, they're all in for a severe assf*cking if the White Walkers have their way!

Yeah - I agree. The Tyrells clearly saw that the Lannisters were in trouble so moved in when they saw the opportunity. Very clever. Joffrey will end up dead one way or the other soon enough.

Just been watching the Joffrey scene again and you can clearly see that the Tyrells glanced at Sansa for a few seconds. Not sure what to make of that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ... then Sansa did not go with him and he left her room to presumably head North as he said he intended. This is not hard to keep up with.

At least show it in the episode. That's all i ask. Because getting past a Red Keep filled with Lannisters and guys wanting your head, isn't, yaknow...easy.
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't forget that the battle was still ongoing at the time.

I doubt he'd have had much trouble slipping out. Everyone was focussed on stopping Stannis' forces from getting in.

I also doubt that news of the Hound's "...and f**k the King!" speech would have spread to every Red Cloak and Gold Cloak very quickly, especially as the battle was still ongoing.

Plus, of course, if anyone stood in his way he could just growl at them and cut them in half...
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Maybe I told the Great Stalion to go f**k himself.."

Drogo <3
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 308
    Forum Member
    All I can say is that I loved this season every bit as much as the last.
    Each has had a finale that was Lost-esque in its epic-ness but UNLIKE Lost, I do not have to wait to satisfy my curiosity to see how it all plays out.
    I have finally succommed to the tempatation, and have ordered the entire collection of books that are currently available, and when they finally get here, I will be found mostly reading them until I'm done.
    Then, I will be able to come on here all smuglike, having joined the "bookreaders" consignment, and sit and pull faces at everyone trying to figure out what is going to happen next!

The burning questions I have at present are:-
    1. Who burned Winterfell?
    2. Why didn't the allies outside of Winterfell come inside the moment the Iron Islanders left?
    3. Why didn't Sansa accept Littlefingers offer to get her to safety, insisting that Kings Landing was her home, when she knew what was likely to happen to her by staying?
    4. Tyrion did what his father asked of him. Why is he being treated so appallingly now?
    5. Are the White Walkers and the Wildings aligned in any way? If not, why are the Ice Zombies (OMG - ICE ZOMBIES!!!!) heading for the Wall? What do they want? If it's fresh meat, why don't they head for the Wildlings, who are fleshies that live in cold like they do?
    Can't wait for my books to arrive - April is like, next year, for Gods sake!
  • JaymaJayma Posts: 6,418
    Forum Member
    Lady Spice wrote: »
    All I can say is that I loved this season every bit as much as the last.
    Each has had a finale that was Lost-esque in its epic-ness but UNLIKE Lost, I do not have to wait to satisfy my curiosity to see how it all plays out.
    I have finally succommed to the tempatation, and have ordered the entire collection of books that are currently available, and when they finally get here, I will be found mostly reading them until I'm done.
    Then, I will be able to come on here all smuglike, having joined the "bookreaders" consignment, and sit and pull faces at everyone trying to figure out what is going to happen next!

2. Why didn't the allies outside of Winterfell come inside the moment the Iron Islanders left?
    3. Why didn't Sansa accept Littlefingers offer to get her to safety, insisting that Kings Landing was her home, when she knew what was likely to happen to her by staying?
    4. Tyrion did what his father asked of him. Why is he being treated so appallingly now?
    5. Are the White Walkers and the Wildings aligned in any way? If not, why are the Ice Zombies (OMG - ICE ZOMBIES!!!!) heading for the Wall? What do they want? If it's fresh meat, why don't they head for the Wildlings, who are fleshies that live in cold like they do?
    Can't wait for my books to arrive - April is like, next year, for Gods sake!

Those two questions are also burning for me. I'm wondering whether Sansa is now interested in playing the game, which is why she wants to stay at King's Landing. She's always been the more 'regal' Stark. Maybe she feels that if she can survive what she has so far, she can survive anything? And now she's no longer betrothed to the Joffmonster, she may feel able to fly under the radar a little more (though I doubt that).

I loved that look of joy when he broke off their betrothal - I think that's the first time we've seen a genuine beaming smile from her ever.

As far as Tyrion is concerned, I can only think that Cersei has been busy poisoning his good name to their father.
  • ThrombinThrombin Posts: 9,416
    Forum Member
    Jayma wrote: »

As far as Tyrion is concerned, I can only think that Cersei has been busy poisoning his good name to their father.

That's what I thought. While Tyrion was unconscious Cersei and Joffrey can tell Tywin anything they want about Tyrion's performance and conduct.
  • JaymaJayma Posts: 6,418
    Forum Member
    Thrombin wrote: »
    That's what I thought. While Tyrion was unconscious Cersei and Joffrey can tell Tywin anything they want about Tyrion's performance and conduct.

Yes, we know that Cersei never wastes any time! :D

I'm looking forward to seeing Margaery paired up with Joffrey - I think Cersei may have met her match there, and will soon be wishing it was the more pliable Sansa who marries him.
  • claire2281claire2281 Posts: 17,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lady Spice wrote: »

I can only think that either the allies betrayed them (perhaps they want Robb to stay in the South and try to take the ironthrone, perhaps he has a rival for the North...) or there was another, as yet unseen, enemy.
    [*]Why didn't Sansa accept Littlefingers offer to get her to safety, insisting that Kings Landing was her home, when she knew what was likely to happen to her by staying?

I can't find the quote but there was an interview with Sophie Turner that basically said it's a 'better the devil you know' situation. She's not sure she can get back to Winterfell, trust anyone to help her there, and even if she did, she wouldn't be safe. If Robb loses she'll be executed as a traitor. I think she's hedging her bets on the fact that the Lannisters have no grounds to kill her (and murdering or executing a young girl would do their current standing or popularity no favours!) and if Robb wins, she'll be free...
    [*]Tyrion did what his father asked of him. Why is he being treated so appallingly now?

Because they don't really want Tyrion taking the glory? It much better suits them politically if Joffrey and Tywin are seen as the saviours. Doesn't mean Tywin won't be aware of what he did but...