Come Dine With Me (27/01/13) - Barnsley

mikebukmikebuk Posts: 18,767
Forum Member
✭✭
I think this episode had the most nasty, bitch offensive bunch of people I've seen on the show.

Three women who are best described and plain, mouthy and would probably fit well around the Loose Women table ganging up on the one guy, calling him dull and boring.

I'd have walked out.

Comments

• Lucy LouLucy Lou Posts: 8,574
    Forum Member
    I agree - I think these three women thought they were being hilarious when in fact they were just plain nasty. Wayne must have the patience of a saint and he came out as the most decent person on tonight's show.
    I thought it was especially telling when he said how much Sam had upset him and she burst into tears - she could sure dish it out but she couldn't take it back could she.
  • mikebukmikebuk Posts: 18,767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Too right. They certainly got a mix of the worst personalities in the one episode. In line with one of the dishes, a right pig's ear !
  • prehensileprehensile Posts: 5,091
    Forum Member
    Two of them were definitely vile towards poor old boring Wayne: the tattooed lady and the gargoyle who served up the pigs ears. The third one was ok I thought.
  • Lucy LouLucy Lou Posts: 8,574
    Forum Member
    prehensile wrote: »
    Two of them were definitely vile towards poor old boring Wayne: the tattooed lady and the gargoyle who served up the pigs ears. The third one was ok I thought.

..yes the third one wasn't as direct but I thought she egged on the other two.
    I thought that Sam (pigs ears) was particularly nasty and said it all with a smile on her face - even the other two women said (behind her back) that she had gone too far.
    I wonder how they feel watching it back.
  • mazzy50mazzy50 Posts: 13,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lucy Lou wrote: »
    ..yes the third one wasn't as direct but I thought she egged on the other two.
    I thought that Sam (pigs ears) was particularly nasty and said it all with a smile on her face - even the other two women said (behind her back) that she had gone too far.
    I wonder how they feel watching it back.

I hope they are very ashamed of themselves. They should be - especially Sam. She wasn't funny, just plain nasty.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15
    Forum Member
    Time for this show to be put to bed. It's been limping along for far too long. What was once a great programme has become an embarrassment, sad.
  • hooterhooter Posts: 30,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sweetangel wrote: »
    Time for this show to be put to bed. It's been limping along for far too long. What was once a great programme has become an embarrassment, sad.

Last weeks programme on 4 was rather good. they were a crowd from Sheffield and all got on really well.

Don`t want it put to bed just yet as still enjoy the good ones....just think the production company should be a little more selective on who they have on the programme....Who wants to watch some sour carping troll..not me.
  • butterworthbutterworth Posts: 17,875
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They need to learn that theones that are the most enjoyable, contrary to Channel 4 internal wisdom, are the ones where everyone gets along and it si a genuine programme about dinner parties.
  • BluejuBlueju Posts: 773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I made a mistake last night and dipped into this show after having stopped watching it a couple of years ago. Seemed to me the days of having intelligent fun people on had been dispensed for the sake of thick exhibitionists with no redeeming features. Last night's episode was a cameo of this. Two awful women...one, a taxidermist who could not distinguish being a "free spirit"and a vile harridan;the second a Mitzi Mueller type with a "what you see is what you get" outlook who liked to bully behind a "laff". The poor man involved was a decent fella (who did the best meal too) subjected to hectoring jibes and rank rudeness. The other woman was guilty by association as she did nothing to stop the tirade against him. They shouldnt change the dynamic on the show if it is to last. Balance it up...two men ...two women. Not that I'll watch again.