Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Butterface wrote: »
    The housekeeper.

Peters? Sounds like a fun lady
  • Ella71110Ella71110 Posts: 4,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't usually post but i thought meaning the thread is quite calm at the moment that i would add a comment!

Ive been watching his show lately-call it curiousity over seeing how he copes on camera with his bro's death-and IMO i think that what makes theTV critics take the micky and my self cringe is when he goes off to cry in another room and keeps his mike on then we have the voice over about how desolate/sad/upset/ he is whilst grieving over his brother:rolleyes:
    i totally totally understand that he's heartbroken but surely those bits could they edit out of the show-its almost as if they need us to see how upset he is-why? its not pleasant and all it does is upsets fans and critics can take the micky on how set up it is ( as TV Kev was tweeting about last night)
    No body else cries on the show-its all done in private-i just wish CAN TV would cut the sobbing behind the doors out as even my 15 year old daughter said that to her the show makes her feel like they want her and the other viewers to feel sorry for him and shes right as this "Peter the victim" has been portrayed for years now isn't it a tad predictable (this is only my and my daughters opinion by the way;) ) ,
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But do you think they will Fizgig?

If he can get other decent jobs I think he'll dump the reality show, it seems to be a formula CP has run with though, that and shops. Maximum exposure. Although she hasn't encouraged Amy Childs to behave like Jordan to get attention, which would have worked. So she must have some qualms about her clients' wellbeing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,933
    Forum Member
    Fizgig wrote: »
    If he can get other decent jobs I think he'll dump the reality show, it seems to be a formula CP has run with though, that and shops. Maximum exposure. Although she hasn't encouraged Amy Childs to behave like Jordan to get attention, which would have worked. So she must have some qualms about her clients' wellbeing.

We shall see, as Pete has just been announced as the new presenter of 60 Minute Makeover, which involves 30 shows. It does seem that ITV believes in him. However, as long as he is getting viewers on his ITV2 show, I can imagine they will want him to continue doing it - which leaves him with a dilemma, i.e. will he feel he say no to his employer even if he wanted to.
    I am surprised - he does seem to be keeping quite busy with TV work:

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/from-mysterious-girl-to-diy-peter-andre-to-present-60-minute-makeover-8589449.html
  • Azura's StarAzura's Star Posts: 3,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Interesting point.
    I do have to question just how much concern she really does have about her clients' wellbeing. She has made a damn good living from PA over the years, and clearly from what I gather she does have a massive amount of input into the things PA is involved in, and the content of his programme.
    I KNOW that she works for him, but he seems to be very reliant on her.
    It does make me wonder just how much she puts profit, publicity and maintaining PA's profile before his emotional wellbeing.
    And yes, I know, he's 40 ffs.
  • Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

60min makeover is his chance..if he could drop the cheesy jokes and faces to camera ..I think he might do alright
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ella71110 wrote: »
    I don't usually post but i thought meaning the thread is quite calm at the moment that i would add a comment!

Ive been watching his show lately-call it curiousity over seeing how he copes on camera with his bro's death-and IMO i think that what makes theTV critics take the micky and my self cringe is when he goes off to cry in another room and keeps his mike on then we have the voice over about how desolate/sad/upset/ he is whilst grieving over his brother:rolleyes:
    i totally totally understand that he's heartbroken but surely those bits could they edit out of the show-its almost as if they need us to see how upset he is-why? its not pleasant and all it does is upsets fans and critics can take the micky on how set up it is ( as TV Kev was tweeting about last night)
    No body else cries on the show-its all done in private-i just wish CAN TV would cut the sobbing behind the doors out as even my 15 year old daughter said that to her the show makes her feel like they want her and the other viewers to feel sorry for him and shes right as this "Peter the victim" has been portrayed for years now isn't it a tad predictable (this is only my and my daughters opinion by the way;) ) ,

Glad you posted and I'll second (or is it third?:confused: ) the views of you and your daughter.:)
  • Blue Eyed ladyBlue Eyed lady Posts: 6,007
    Forum Member
    Well I've just watched & I truly believe he's getting more cringe worthy every episode.

I often wonder if the lady who narrates reads her script (which the majority consists of how brave, loyal etc etc Pete is) & thinks "WTF I'm not reading that"!!
    What I struck me from the start was, where did new "best friend" Ryan spring from? Unless I've missed something he just appeared from nowhere & I thought Karl owned the "best friend" title:confused:
    As for the will I, won't I pa lava over whether to wear his shades, what a plonker, not a hint of sun in to be seen & he wastes about half an hour deciding if he looks "cool" or stupid, decides he looks stupid but goes ahead & wears them regardless.
    Then we have to endure him telling his kids how much he loves them at least half a dozen times, yes Pete we know you love your kids, it's a perfectly natural feeling to have for your children!:rolleyes:
    Then the dinner which he is TWO hours late for, I know it's been mentioned before but that IMO is just so rude, who does he think he is keeping people waiting for that length of time & then for Gemma to say "well if you can't be late for your 40th, when can you be" Excuse me:confused: how about spending less time admiring yourself in that bloomin mirror & showing people who've made the effort to attend your party a bit of consideration!!
    As for Junior saying to a pap "Of course he's late mate" there is just something not right about an 8 year old child calling a grown man mate.
    Then we had the "leave the room moment" when Andrew was mentioned. I'm not for a minute suggesting it wasn't difficult for him but could he not have kept it together or even stayed in the room & discreetly wiped his tears away instead of making yet another drama out the situation, the rest of his brothers managed to stay relatively composed but not Pete, oh no he had to yet again be the centre of attention & go for as much sympathy as he could milk.
    Then we had the trailer for next week's ep where he's borrowed Karl's specs at some awards gig when he doesn't actually need glasses, is he aiming for the intellectual look?
    Give me bloomin strength:rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    60min makeover is his chance..if he could drop the cheesy jokes and faces to camera ..I think he might do alright

Never watched it and never will but I'll be interested in reading just how well the Abomination copes.:)

Cannot stand these made for daytime programmes but I can guess that the target audience may well appreciate Peteybabes.

I was going to say that there is always QVC but I believe he has already had that gig.:yawn:
    He sure is an acquired taste.;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    My Life – Ep.4 Reviewage

Tonight’s bright star was DOTY’s friend and unofficial counsellor, Ryan, a lovely guy who, despite the company he’s keeping, remains sane and cheerily immune to DOTY’s neediness. He has it all worked out. When DOTY starts bleating on about something, Ryan says, regardless of what Pete’s bleating on about, “Pete, you’re fit, you look like you’re still in your 20s,” and it shuts the DOTY right down. And Ryan always follows it with one of those ‘like taking candy from a baby’ smiles. :cool:

In case you didn’t know, it’s Pete’s 40th birthday

DOTY wants, in the following order, not to be 40, piano lessons, to get his phoenix tattoo enlarged, to get fit and to get CP to get him a new car. The piano lady says yes, CP says yes, Drew takes on the ‘pecs fit for a calendar’ gig and Emily says no to the tattoo enlargement. Emily also says that if he respected her wishes, he wouldn’t do it and finishes by telling him to reconsider, in a doctorish kind of voice. Emily, astonishingly, can’t seem to get enough of DOTY. I tried to detect sarcasm in her reaction to him, waiting for, if not an actual “Dear God in heaven!” to camera, then at the very least, an eye-roll or a raised eyebrow, but no, nothing. :eek: Mysterious Girl with knobs on.

That baby thing
    There’s a new nanny and DOTY wants everyone to take a H&S refresher course. “Everyone around the children needs to be capable,” he says (to compensate for me being incapable, he doesn’t but should say). Junior spots the manual and the resuscitation doll and asks Pete if he’s having a baby, then says ‘my mum is’, and he hopes it’s a boy. Pete studies the floor and says ‘good’ in a firm ‘case closed’ manner as he doesn’t like to talk about his ex-wife… but then, in best DOTY fashion, gets the mealy-mouthed Gemma to talk about her instead: “Pete lives for his kids,” she says earnestly, “and can only be concerned that they’re happy and cared for when they’re with him, that’s all he can do, that’s where his focus is.” And then adds sanctimoniously, “He doesn’t let what his ex-wife does affect things…” leaving us in no doubt as to her own personal feelings on the matter.

Really DOTY, for shame, so surplus to requirements.

The rest was a dull repetitive blur of Pete doing stuff with The Bros, Pete primping himself up for his birthday party (his vanity is well and truly off the scale), Pete ‘having a sad moment’, Pete losing keys, and yes, you’ve guessed it, Pete keeping his quests waiting for over two hours.

The cake had an edible Pete on top. DOTY thought it was very unflattering. I thought it was an excellent likeness and a huge improvement on the original: it was on time, it didn’t moan and whine, it was useful, it being cake, none of which you can say about Pete. There were gifts, there was flattery, there was a speech, there was another ‘sad moment’, there was gritting of teeth (me), and then there were firm assurances from everyone that this was indeed going to be the Decade of The Pete. To round the evening off, CP, flushed with the great leaps and bounds her protégé has made over the last year, looked proudly to camera and said “I think Pete has finally grown up.”

On the plus side, we can now officially and legitimately say while arguing ‘OFFS, he’s a 40yr old man!!!!!’. ;)
    Well I've just watched & I truly believe he's getting more cringe worthy every episode.

I often wonder if the lady who narrates reads her script (which the majority consists of how brave, loyal etc etc Pete is) & thinks "WTF I'm not reading that"!!
    What I struck me from the start was, where did new "best friend" Ryan spring from? Unless I've missed something he just appeared from nowhere & I thought Karl owned the "best friend" title:confused:
    As for the will I, won't I pa lava over whether to wear his shades, what a plonker, not a hint of sun in to be seen & he wastes about half an hour deciding if he looks "cool" or stupid, decides he looks stupid but goes ahead & wears them regardless.
    Then we have to endure him telling his kids how much he loves them at least half a dozen times, yes Pete we know you love your kids, it's a perfectly natural feeling to have for your children!:rolleyes:
    Then the dinner which he is TWO hours late for, I know it's been mentioned before but that IMO is just so rude, who does he think he is keeping people waiting for that length of time & then for Gemma to say "well if you can't be late for your 40th, when can you be" Excuse me:confused: how about spending less time admiring yourself in that bloomin mirror & showing people who've made the effort to attend your party a bit of consideration!!
    As for Junior saying to a pap "Of course he's late mate" there is just something not right about an 8 year old child calling a grown man mate.
    Then we had the "leave the room moment" when Andrew was mentioned. I'm not for a minute suggesting it wasn't difficult for him but could he not have kept it together or even stayed in the room & discreetly wiped his tears away instead of making yet another drama out the situation, the rest of his brothers managed to stay relatively composed but not Pete, oh no he had to yet again be the centre of attention & go for as much sympathy as he could milk.
    Then we had the trailer for next week's ep where he's borrowed Karl's specs at some awards gig when he doesn't actually need glasses, is he aiming for the intellectual look?
    Give me bloomin strength:rolleyes:

Thank guys.:D

Reading about rather than viewing his garbage keeps my blood pressure on an even keel.
  • notfussynotfussy Posts: 1,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i totally totally understand that he's heartbroken but surely those bits could they edit out of the show-its almost as if they need us to see how upset he is-why? its not pleasant and all it does is upsets fans and critics can take the micky on how set up it is ( as TV Kev was tweeting about last night) ,

Thing is though that's the show's formula. The first eps after he left Kate featured Pete sobbing in IKEA, Pete sniffling in Toys R Us and seeking pity in the garden centre!

It's really nothing new...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DD
    I have watched 60mm in the past..it's alright ..nothing mind blowing ... So Peter should be ok on it .. But knowing he is on it will put me off watching again
  • di60di60 Posts: 5,432
    Forum Member

you are not alone :D sounds like you have a very bright young lady on your hands there ;)
  • ButterfaceButterface Posts: 2,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Claire Sweeney used to present 60 minute make over, and look what it did for her career.

Oh.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DD
    I have watched 60mm in the past..it's alright ..nothing mind blowing ... So Peter should be ok on it .. But knowing he is on it will put me off watching again

I believe you.
    Maybe Peteybabes will have found his niche.
    It sure ain't 'singing' or 'dancing' or 'dressing up' or 'practical parenting'.:)
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Who is Gloria?

Gloria is the housekeeper that spends half her time avoiding the cameras. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I believe you.
    It sure ain't 'singing' or 'dancing' or 'dressing up' or 'practical parenting'.:)

If it stops him doing all the very things you list..maybe it wont be a bad thing after all ;)
  • Azura's StarAzura's Star Posts: 3,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I believe you.

Hmm.
    Do you really think the Double DOTY will be able to resist the temptation to turn it into 60 minutes of Peter Andre?
    The "human interest" aspect will make him cry copiously at the cameras, his "hilarious" attempts to help out resulting in complete failure whilst mugging at the cameras, his faux expertise and heaven forfend, the incessant references to his kids, his family....blah, blah, blah.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jeez..............someone told this clown that he can sing.:D:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-O0ENTnbbEk
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm.
    Do you really think the Double DOTY will be able to resist the temptation to turn it into 60 minutes of Peter Andre?
    The "human interest" aspect will make him cry copiously at the cameras, his "hilarious" attempts to help out resulting in complete failure whilst mugging at the cameras, his faux expertise and heaven forfend, the incessant references to his kids, his family....blah, blah, blah.

BIB......no.:D:D:D

He's an abomination.
    An abomination I tell you.;)
  • Ella71110Ella71110 Posts: 4,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glad you posted and I'll second (or is it third?:confused: ) the views of you and your daughter.:)

why thank you DD and how is your good self ?:) i don't know if you ever watch Andre's show to see exactly what me and my daughter mean ?!:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    why thank you DD and how is your good self ?:) i don't know if you ever watch Andre's show to see exactly what me and my daughter mean ?!:D

I'd have broken my 52'' 3d plasma television long ago if I'd tried to watch Peteybabes in anything.:D
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jeez..............someone told this clown that he can sing.:D:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-O0ENTnbbEk

He's back on Loose Women next week DD.

I'd hate for you to miss it ... ;):D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Jimmy
    You are a star..giving us an advanced warning ..what day do you know?? I'm in hospital for a day next week and have no say on what I can watch ..I hope it's not that day ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Just set up my series link JC.:D
This discussion has been closed.