Andre's "suffering"

Comments

• Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The musical masterpieces Insania and Whole New World surely?

Sadly you are wrong.. Although worthy No1s I'm sure no it wasn't them
  • Azura's StarAzura's Star Posts: 3,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sadly you are wrong.. Although worthy No1s I'm sure no it wasn't them

More like a pile of number 2s!

(sorry momma:o)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    momma11 wrote: »
    ouch :o

Hello Momma .. Did you read my post on what I thought he would of got upto if he had gone to Vegas.. I thought of you when I posted it.. You could of been one of the Vegas showgirls ;)
  • IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still suffering? Pete is a saint :p
  • annwannw Posts: 2,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People do suffer when they lose someone close, why shouldn t he say he is still suffering. Also I am sure MG went to no1. Also didn t Katie run after him when he came out of the jungle, trying to get to his room, sending him flowers when he was on top of the pops.
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    annw wrote: »
    People do suffer when they lose someone close, why shouldn t he say he is still suffering. Also I am sure MG went to no1. Also didn t Katie run after him when he came out of the jungle, trying to get to his room, sending him flowers when he was on top of the pops.

I am pretty sure Mysterious Girl did get to number 1, but I think it was in the 2000's as a re-issue. In the UK I mean ... not another little island. ;)

Edit --- it was 2004.
  • momma11momma11 Posts: 3,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hello Momma .. Did you read my post on what I thought he would of got upto if he had gone to Vegas.. I thought of you when I posted it.. You could of been one of the Vegas showgirls ;)

I did indeed Betty , I even had a quiet chuckle :D
    Unfortunately there is no way I could have been a showgirl , not even in my youth...I don't have the legs for it
    I always wanted legs up to my chin , sadly I remain a short ar**

* sigh *......sad times :(
  • artlesschaosartlesschaos Posts: 11,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Unfortunately there is no way I could have been a showgirl , not even in my youth...I don't have the legs for it

It does mean you are the perfect height for PA, though...had you had those legs he would have needed a ladder to Alka-Seltzer you...:D
  • momma11momma11 Posts: 3,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It does mean you are the perfect height for PA, though...had you had those legs he would have needed a ladder to Alka-Seltzer you...:D

Ha ha ! there's the silver lining :D

BIB...erm ..:o
  • quasimoronquasimoron Posts: 20,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's a transcript of the argument here, so CAN weren't observant enough to get rid of this. :D

http://fametastic.co.uk/archive/20090512/16355/jordan-peter-andres-marriage-ending-argument/

That transcript is very sad.Marriage is about sharing etc not who is cock of the walk.It sad to see two people acting this way and using such verbal viciousness.
    He had 3 number 1's in the Uk
    Mysterious girl 2004
    Feel you-1996
    Flava-1996
    To number 1 albums

From internet
    "He had begun singing from a young age, and began to compose when he was 13 years old. When he was 17, André participated in the Australian TV talent show, New Faces; not only did he win the competition, but he was offered a recording contract on the spot by one of the judges on the show's panel. Two years later he came out with his first hit record in Australia, "Gimme a Little Sign," and the year after that he received a number of awards for outstanding musical achievement and had the highest-selling record of the decade in Australia.
    André's single, "Flava," made him the first Australian to have a single debut in the U.K. Singles Chart at No. 1. He followed that with 11 top-ten hits, world-wide, the most successful of which was "Mysterious Girl," which sold over two million copies. His next two singles, "I Feel You" and "Natural" also debuted at No. 1."

PA is a bit naff, cheesy etc I can see why people slate him but he did have a creditable enough pop career back in the day.Not now though, unless he wants to do it for sheer pleasure. I think he simply loves and has a real passion for making music and should gig around small venues and just do that.
    He sold his soul the day he joined forces with the Pricey and IMo no "price " was worth it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    quasimoron wrote: »
    That transcript is very sad.Marriage is about sharing etc not who is cock of the walk.It sad to see two people acting this way and using such verbal viciousness.
    He had 3 number 1's in the Uk
    Mysterious girl 2004
    Feel you-1996
    Flava-1996
    To number 1 albums

From internet
    "He had begun singing from a young age, and began to compose when he was 13 years old. When he was 17, André participated in the Australian TV talent show, New Faces; not only did he win the competition, but he was offered a recording contract on the spot by one of the judges on the show's panel. Two years later he came out with his first hit record in Australia, "Gimme a Little Sign," and the year after that he received a number of awards for outstanding musical achievement and had the highest-selling record of the decade in Australia.
    André's single, "Flava," made him the first Australian to have a single debut in the U.K. Singles Chart at No. 1. He followed that with 11 top-ten hits, world-wide, the most successful of which was "Mysterious Girl," which sold over two million copies. His next two singles, "I Feel You" and "Natural" also debuted at No. 1."

PA is a bit naff, cheesy etc I can see why people slate him but he did have a creditable enough pop career back in the day.Not now though, unless he wants to do it for sheer pleasure. I think he simply loves and has a real passion for making music and should gig around small venues and just do that.
    He sold his soul the day he joined forces with the Pricey and IMo no "price " was worth it.

No..he had a teen star career, a couple of hits and then it was gone. If it had been creditable he would not be seen as a joke today. He was an early reality "star" who had a bit of success and then spent years acting like the world owed him something because of that.

The amazing thing about Pa is that the first (real) fame did not make him happy, nor did the anonymity that followed. The fact that he chases the former yet blames "bullies" for the latter would imply he really mentally cut out for showbiz.

Shame his management doesn't point that out to him.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Shame his management doesn't point that out to him.

Why point it out??? How would they get their 20% if they really did care about him
  • Goldbear86Goldbear86 Posts: 1,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was like an awful lot of teen "stars" very famous, very quickly and they fall just as fast. The history of pop is littered with them, and for the vast majority they have one hit that they are known for. The Beiberthing is always written as "The "Baby" singer", B'witched are "The C'est La Vie group". It is what it is.

For the vast majority of the public who would recognise him as a singer he is known for one song, nearly 20 years ago. 1996, number one album, 1997, new album goes to number 28. Then nothing until the cashing in on IACGMOOH.

He was hardly setting the world alight with his song, was he?

I've never said he did set the world alight?:confused: What I have said is seeing as he had more than one number single at that time. He was not a one hit wonder as implied because a one hit wonder wouldn't have had a further two number ones?

And I agree yes when people think of Peters pop career they think of mysterious girl, the same way when people think of like you say b*witched they think of Cest la vie or Steps they think of Tragedy for example.

But he at least was famous for having a pop career. Jordan was famous for all the wrong reasons.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Goldbear86 wrote: »
    I've never said he did set the world alight?:confused: What I have said is seeing as he had more than one number single at that time. He was not a one hit wonder as implied because a one hit wonder wouldn't have had a further two number ones?

And I agree yes when people think of Peters pop career they think of mysterious girl, the same way when people think of like you say b*witched they think of Cest la vie or Steps they think of Tragedy for example.

But he at least was famous for having a pop career. Jordan was famous for all the wrong reasons.

What I ment was as far as most people are concerned he is only known for mysterious girl.. No one can name the two other songs that actually got to no1 ( mysterious girl didn't first time around) he wasn't someone who sustained a music career.. He disappeared as quickly as he arrived
  • sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That video writhing about in a pool half naked and that haircut. It was pretty much mapped out that he would become a joke.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Goldbear86 wrote: »

I think it was more that he was seen as a bit of a joke by everyone other than his fans. Another washed up one hit wonder - even if he did have a couple more singles that no-one remembers now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Momma as Peter isn't so tall you would be perfect for him... And he would be a lucky man to have Momma draped around him xx
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm tired of reading that his girlfriend is beautiful because she isn't really, the face is where beauty is, not the hair and the figure and the clothes, it's all so superficial these days.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    scone wrote: »
    I'm tired of reading that his girlfriend is beautiful because she isn't really, the face is where beauty is, not the hair and the figure and the clothes, it's all so superficial these days.

I do think Emily is attractive..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do think Emily is attractive..

I don't, without her hair she wouldn't look "beautiful" as people keep claiming, she looks like her dad
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't, without her hair she wouldn't look "beautiful" as people keep claiming, she looks like her dad

I suppose the saying " beauty is in the eye of the beholder" applies here..
    Some find Peter attractive ..I don't.. But each to their own ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I suppose the saying " beauty is in the eye of the beholder" applies here..
    Some find Peter attractive ..I don't.. But each to their own ;)

Exactly, I admit he keeps himself in good nick and I can hold up my hands and say he is quite handsome, if he wasn't he wouldn't have his own show or his own half dressed calendar :D
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Exactly, I admit he keeps himself in good nick and I can hold up my hands and say he is quite handsome, if he wasn't he wouldn't have his own show or his own half dressed calendar :D

scone....look at this pic :)

http://www.specsuperstore.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/P-Andre.png

:D:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I know, I was the one who found it, but that's just a fashion faux pas, I'd quite like to see him with greying hair :D
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know, I was the one who found it, but that's just a fashion faux pas, I'd quite like to see him with greying hair :D

I'm strongly attracted to baldness but doubt even PA bald would appeal to me.
    Actually I find him quite funny looking.:o

Thanks for finding the pic though because it cracks me up.:D
This discussion has been closed.