Options

Is anyone being redirected from this forum to health websites?

Jason CJason C Posts: 31,336
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Since yesterday, I've been finding that when some pages on this forum have loaded up, they've directed me through to health-related websites; the last one took me to a site called 'The Doctors', and the other one that's appeared has been 'Everyday Health and Wellness'.

They're all based at www.lemode-mgz.com.

Other forums have had a problem with this as well, giving rise to the likely explanation that some of the ads have code embedded within them which is taking people through to these websites.

Has anyone else had a problem with this on here?

(Another strange thing that I've been seeing on here is an banner ad for Verizon which is clearly meant for Americans only because it's for a US offer quoted in dollars)

Comments

• Options
    planetsplanets Posts: 47,784
    Forum Member
    this seems to be a growing problem.
    What i would do Jason is press the alert button on your own post and when the box comes up ask them if there is a problem with the site as you and others are experiencing this a lot over the past few days.
  • Options
    neelianeelia Posts: 24,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes This is driving me mad. I even posted a question about it in the computer section. I thought that I had a virus or something,
  • Options
    Jason CJason C Posts: 31,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently the guilty ad is the one with the heading 'Design Your Working Specs'.
  • Options
    jarryhackjarryhack Posts: 5,076
    Forum Member
    Not on DS but on other forums I go on. It's very annoying, same sites as above. I'm using Safari on iPad.
  • Options
    Fried KickinFried Kickin Posts: 60,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you can install adblocking software like adblockplus it will stop lemode-mgz being an issue.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was directed to this thread by another FM http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2038983
  • Options
    Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yes, i was having this issue earlier, i gather this is quite a widespread problem from discussion here:

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/adsense/szfNNkPrkLI

I've deleted my browsing history which seems to have stopped it for now.
  • Options
    LollytrollLollytroll Posts: 369
    Forum Member
    Yesterday all the time when I was in the soap forum. It seems to be ok today so far. Now to go back and try to find the threads I wanted to read yesterday.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,916
    Forum Member
    This is where a website goes for gold by opting for the highest level of ad revenue package, which often contains all sorts of invasive stuff.
  • Options
    LeeahLeeah Posts: 20,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yesterday all the time >:( Been good so far today.
  • Options
    yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member
    I had it all day yesterday on here, it drove me mad.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    just had it now when accessing this thread
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Mine's OK at the moment, fingers crossed.
  • Options
    SupportSupport Posts: 70,851
    Administrator
    Our ad team are aware of this issue that is occurring on a number of websites - very sorry for the inconvenience everyone.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Our ad team are aware of this issue that is occurring on a number of websites - very sorry for the inconvenience everyone.

Any idea when it might be sorted and is there anything we can do on our own computers to block it?
  • Options
    SupportSupport Posts: 70,851
    Administrator
    neelia wrote: »
    Any idea when it might be sorted and is there anything we can do on our own computers to block it?

Our ad team have disabled some adverts we think may have been serving this redirecting advert (as of 10 minutes ago) and the problem seems to have stopped for us - is anyone else still experiencing redirects? Please clear your cache and cookies to see if that helps.
  • Options
    duffsdadduffsdad Posts: 11,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    malware bytes found some iffy things after it happened to me. I'd only done a scan a few hours ago so I'd advise people to keep their guards up to date.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for that. My last one was 15:59 today.
    I have been zipping about like crazy on DS for the past five mins with no problems and it was happening with about every third click before so I'm hopeful you've sorted it.

Pat on the back for whoever did :)
  • Options
    scotchscotch Posts: 10,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes - I had it al day yesterday. Had to run a security scan - that seems to have sorted it, fingers crossed.
  • Options
    QT 3.14QT 3.14 Posts: 1,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wonder if it could be another re-run of this saga I found whilst digging around the internet?

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/06/02/digital_spy_malware/
    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/07/20/digital_spy_malware/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    scotch wrote: »
    Yes - I had it al day yesterday. Had to run a security scan - that seems to have sorted it, fingers crossed.

I've just done one too.