Alicia Douvall told her teenage daughter: You need plastic surgery

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 296
Forum Member
Perhaps she isn't such a victim after all - can see why Katie has called her an airhead and naïve.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-4hyaRRT04
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IcUaFrsR0M

Shocking parentage.

Comments

• Matt_MaherMatt_Maher Posts: 1,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't say that, you'll get told you're bullying her!
  • Scout66Scout66 Posts: 5,576
    Forum Member
    Something seems off about Alicia. I don't see the appeal.
  • ChoccyPeanutsChoccyPeanuts Posts: 5,268
    Forum Member
    If I don't like Alicia, does that mean that I have to like Katie? It's just that I don't particularly like either of them. :D
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's putting on the biggest act in there. She's a hard faced shag and sell girl with a past that makes the 2 Katies put together seem innocent and virginal in comparison.
  • amyawakeamyawake Posts: 7,848
    Forum Member
    Scout66 wrote: »

I am putting what seems 'off' about her as being down to low self esteem. Anyone who thought better of themselves would not go under the knife and have spastic surgery. She is very timid and hence prone to being picked upon. Would do her no harm to learn some self assertion skills.
  • SnowStorm86SnowStorm86 Posts: 17,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I judge housemates on their time in the house. So far Alicia has been alright, if not a little boring. I think if the mean girls hadn't started picking on her she would most likely have been evicted last night. Instead she was the safest.
  • too_much_coffeetoo_much_coffee Posts: 2,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    She's putting on the biggest act in there. She's a hard faced shag and sell girl with a past that makes the 2 Katies put together seem innocent and virginal in comparison.

I know nothing about her outside the house but, even without any knowledge of the woman, she comes across as someone who has become famous from a few celebrity shags (and horrifically bad surgery) rather than any talent.

I'm not a fan of either Katie. I do however respect them both to a degree as they have become very successful by identifying a market that they can exploit.
  • this_THATthis_THAT Posts: 2,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    digging up the past wont put me of!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    Being an airhead doesn't make you 'not a victim' when somebody unnecessarily berates you over things that don't concern them, in the same way that it wouldn't be very nice to tell Katie that she's an insufferable, phony, emotionally and intellectually stunted hack without any provocation. Contrary to what the 'mean girls' seem to think, it's not socially acceptable to blurt certain things out purely because you believe them to be true. Constructive criticism is one thing, but when you're just being incendiary and antagonistic, yes, it's bullying.

If Alicia 'deserves' the treatment she's received in the house so far for previous, unrelated incidents like this, then I don't even know what Katie deserves for building a brand around being an obnoxious, ignorant snob and pandering to the lowest common denominator for a paycheque.
  • Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought everything those two YouTube clips seemed fake and set up. Alicia and her daughter had obviously been told how to act and what to say. All for controversy and shock.
  • LurkingGoodLurkingGood Posts: 676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I judge housemates on their time in the house. So far Alicia has been alright, if not a little boring. I think if the mean girls hadn't started picking on her she would most likely have been evicted last night. Instead she was the safest.

She wasn't necessarily the safest; her and Michelle's names were read out in "no particular order".
  • YeraYera Posts: 6,200
    Forum Member
    Scout66 wrote: »

I agree - she is not all she seems - I have seen on the forums that she has a chequered past- I can't recall what she is famous for- old age on my part but I feel she is a chancer as we say over here- harping back to bananagate- she went from saying she had 1 in the morning- to adding the one the housemates had seen her eat 5 minutes previously ( thats 2) plus the 2 under the bed - so 4 bananas and she insisted she had 1- If the girl can't count to 4- then Katie may have over estimated the 1 braincell - add to that ...

Just watched the 2 videos RPH posted- I have no words ...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    this_THAT wrote: »
    digging up the past wont put me of!

Me neither. I think many people are aware that she has issues! Not breaking news!
    She might be a nightmare mother, who knows? Who gives a damn?
    This is the BB house. Jesus, most of them in there are probably pains in the backside. But in the house is what we are judging them by,

So, purlease, these threads won't change people's views on the events in the house one jot.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ChezRolez wrote: »
    Being an airhead doesn't make you 'not a victim' when somebody unnecessarily berates you over things that don't concern them, in the same way that it wouldn't be very nice to tell Katie that she's an insufferable, phony, emotionally and intellectually stunted hack without any provocation. Contrary to what the 'mean girls' seem to think, it's not socially acceptable to blurt certain things out purely because you believe them to be true. Constructive criticism is one thing, but when you're just being incendiary and antagonistic, yes, it's bullying.

If Alicia 'deserves' the treatment she's received in the house so far for previous, unrelated incidents like this, then I don't even know what Katie deserves for building a brand around being an obnoxious, ignorant snob and pandering to the lowest common denominator for a paycheque.

Agreed. I think you'll find people are desperately clutching at straws....
  • Alfie JackAlfie Jack Posts: 1,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    amyawake wrote: »
    I am putting what seems 'off' about her as being down to low self esteem. Anyone who thought better of themselves would not go under the knife and have spastic surgery. She is very timid and hence prone to being picked upon. Would do her no harm to learn some self assertion skills.

She's so timid that she purposely sought out celebrity men to shag so that she could sell the stories and make money - and then spent it trying to make herself look like Barbie.

What a trashy old hag of a cow.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ChezRolez wrote: »

She doesn't deserve the treatment she's getting from the house and I can fully understand why people are rooting for her but it doesn't mean that she's not putting on as big an act in there as others are.
  • MenkMenk Posts: 13,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    striing wrote: »
    This is very old news. You missed the bit about her teenager daughter told her if she (Alicia) didn't stop getting plastic surgery she (daughter) would move out. There was a programme about it on BBC3.

It's clear that Alicia has some problems or she wouldn't have had so many surgeries in the first place but her daughter hasn't had surgery. Instead she did A levels and is going to uni so she's doing just fine.

Exactly.

She took her unhealthy obsession with plastic surgery a step further and started looking at her daughter. It wasn't good, but nothing ever came of it so where is the problem?

She describes herself as an addict, and clearly, when she was at the worst point, she could not see what was happening to her as she tried, with repeated procedures, to rectify what was beyond repair.

It reminds me of a gambler who keeps throwing more and more money on bigger and bigger bets to try and win back their massive losses. At some point you have to get help to stop the cycle, and cut your losses.

The same as any addict, it is unfair to judge them solely on their behaviour when they are at the height of their addiction. She is thankfully out of that phase now, and I think it is fair to judge her on how she is today.
  • JayUK69JayUK69 Posts: 1,643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really don't buy into this whole poor, defenseless, bully victim Alicia some are tagging her with. Her reputation precedes her. Maybe this is her 'game plan' to get the sympathy vote.
  • PaleHorsePaleHorse Posts: 5,681
    Forum Member
    So she psychologically abuses her daughter. What parent doesn't?
  • DiabolusDiabolus Posts: 1,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JayUK69 wrote: »
    I really don't buy into this whole poor, defenseless, bully victim Alicia some are tagging her with. Her reputation precedes her. Maybe this is her 'game plan' to get the sympathy vote.

I think in any other year and without the young girls girls against her, Alicia wouldn't be getting anywhere near the sympathy she seems to be garnering.

She's not quite as thick as she makes out, as the bedroom row I think went some way to highlighting either.
  • Scout66Scout66 Posts: 5,576
    Forum Member
    amyawake wrote: »

She clearly has some issues with self esteem and personality disorders but I don't think she's timid. Timid people don't usually doggedly pursue the z list tabloid celebrity life she seems to have pursued for the last decade and a half. Frankly what surprises me is that Hopkins took the BB bait of picking on Alicia who does seem to fit the mold of reality show faux victim.
  • JayUK69JayUK69 Posts: 1,643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Diabolus wrote: »
    I think in any other year and without the young girls girls against her, Alicia wouldn't be getting anywhere near the sympathy she seems to be garnering.

She's not quite as thick as she makes out, as the bedroom row I think went some way to highlighting either.

I don't buy the stupid and timid act either.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know nothing about her outside the house but, even without any knowledge of the woman, she comes across as someone who has become famous from a few celebrity shags (and horrifically bad surgery) rather than any talent.

I'm not a fan of either Katie. I do however respect them both to a degree as they have become very successful by identifying a market that they can exploit.

Nice list of her past conquests on here

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/tv/big-brother/419174/CBB-Alicia-Douvall-s-kiss-tell-past

Definitely questionable taste in men I'd say
  • MenkMenk Posts: 13,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Diabolus wrote: »

Do you think she's putting some of it on?

She seems to really object to being called thick. And they are being very nasty about it - no-one in the house has suggested she's playing on it, and they haven't really shown us any of her 'dumb' moments.
  • sammyvansammyvan Posts: 898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not denying that Katie and Cami have no right to intentionally upset anyone by being rude, whether it be true or not. This "Telling it like it is" nonsense can be an excuse for just plain bad behaviour. However, and I will probably need a flak jacket now, IMO Alicia is almost encouraging their comments? She knows it is getting her sympathy and possibly saving her skin. Numerous incidents indicate she knows just what she is doing, playing the two sides off against each other. I'll mention the two I noticed last night - firstly when Kav warned her about being 'manipulated' by Perez, and she went straight to Perez and Nadia, saying "Perez is not manipulating me - nobody can manipulate another person, no one can". Then in the next breath she says "Katie is manipulating the two young girls".......?? Then the continuing drama with Katie, sitting at the table - IMO she almost seemed as if she was goading Katie to say more about her intelligence [or lack of it according to K]
    There is a lot more to Alicia - not sure I buy the miss innocent she is portraying?