Options

Cold Feet ITV New Series starts 5th September

H of De VilH of De Vil Posts: 26,539
Forum Member
✭✭✭
New Series of Cold Feet starts Monday 5th September for an eight part series.

I'm really looking forward to this. I do hope its a worthwhile return. :)

Comments

• Options
    Joy2286Joy2286 Posts: 28,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really excited for this! I've just watched the Series 1- 5 box set back to back to remind myself of everything that happened previously! It'll be interesting to see how time has changed the various characters over the last 13 years. Hopefully it will still have the same magic it did previously. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well the writer has stated the script went through several versions before they were happy with it. So that suggests they are determined to make sure it has the same original magic.
  • Options
    Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I won't be watching this, too much time has passed and James Nesbitt has irritated me enough times in different dramas since.

I think you really can't go back without some disappointment.

But I'm sure some will like it.

What's next for a revival?

"this life?" it's been nine years since that was "revived" for a less than memorable one off.
  • Options
    dodradedodrade Posts: 23,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bit surprised it's on Monday nights rather than its old Sunday slot, couldn't they have shown it in October after Victoria finishes?

Can't help feeling this wouldn't he happening if Mike Bullen hadn't failed to write a hit since, he never would have killed Rachel off if he had intended to bring it back.
  • Options
    Ess_BeeEss_Bee Posts: 7,716
    Forum Member
    I won't be watching this, too much time has passed and James Nesbitt has irritated me enough times in different dramas since.

I think you really can't go back without some disappointment.

But I'm sure some will like it.

What's next for a revival?

"this life?" it's been nine years since that was "revived" for a less than memorable one off.

|I shall give it a try as I really liked the original series(es)! But James Nesbitt - I could never understand how he was so attractive to women with that rather sinister piscine face. Yet he seemed to pull women wherever he went. Also how he and John Thompson's character could have been school together when one had a distinct Ulster accent!
  • Options
    SaddlerSteveSaddlerSteve Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dodrade wrote: »
    Bit surprised it's on Monday nights rather than its old Sunday slot, couldn't they have shown it in October after Victoria finishes?

Can't help feeling this wouldn't he happening if Mike Bullen hadn't failed to write a hit since, he never would have killed Rachel off if he had intended to bring it back.

He was apparently writing Rachel back into it before Helen Baxendale decided it wasn't for her.
    How the hell would that have worked?
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was apparently writing Rachel back into it before Helen Baxendale decided it wasn't for her.

I suppose the opening scene could have done a Dallas with been her stepping out of the shower, her whole death being a dream.

I've always been a big fan of Ms Baxendale so I'm not sure if I can be bothered to watch this without her in it.
  • Options
    simonnsimonn Posts: 536
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Will definitely give this a try. Will be a shame that it's down to the 5 of them, as Rachel and Adam were great together, but hopeful that it'll still retain some of the old magic.

We're rewatching the old series on Sky Box Sets at the moment - just watched the one where Pete marries Jo in Australia - and they've inexplicably cut 25 minutes out of it!
  • Options
    gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,633
    Forum Member
    Would it make sense for someone to watch this who has not seen any of the previous series?
  • Options
    cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    gomezz wrote: »
    Would it make sense for someone to watch this who has not seen any of the previous series?

I doubt anyone can answer that until they have seen it
  • Options
    dodradedodrade Posts: 23,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Flashbacks presumably, or even some sort of ghost/mental manifestation like Dexter's Dad.
  • Options
    djonshoredjonshore Posts: 4,759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have all 5 series on DVD. The only 2 annoying things are that on the DVD version the soundtrack is different to what it was on ITV. On ITV you would have chart music in the background on the DVD the music was recreated and completely different.

Secondly, on series 5. Only four episodes were created for ITV between February and March 2003 averaging 1hr 15min per episode. On the DVD its been sliced into six 45 minute episodes.
  • Options
    simonnsimonn Posts: 536
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's been one of the interesting things about watching it on Sky Box Sets. Having never seen the program when it was originally aired, it was obvious they'd put in cheap music rather than whatever was originally there, so it's been interesting to hear it this time around as originally intended,. The weird thing is, you could often tell what was originally there from the cheap music they'd put in.
  • Options
    ritchie2ykritchie2yk Posts: 5,556
    Forum Member
    Cannot wait for this, and will be great in particular to have Jenny back for a full series for the first time since series 3 I always loved Jenny.

In the last episode david chose that other woman to be with I've forgotten her name, I assume she will not be a part of the new series though.

Anyone know if Ramonas back
  • Options
    Peter_GazzardPeter_Gazzard Posts: 759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ritchie2yk wrote: »
    Cannot wait for this, and will be great in particular to have Jenny back for a full series for the first time since series 3 I always loved Jenny.

In the last episode david chose that other woman to be with I've forgotten her name, I assume she will not be a part of the new series though.

her name was Robyn
  • Options
    Joy2286Joy2286 Posts: 28,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ritchie2yk wrote: »

Robyn- yes she is part of the new series.

According to this article she and David are now married

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/cold-feet-2016-spoilers-new-series-cast-start-date_uk_57bdb17de4b0f78b2b4c8a20

As for Ramona- I would guess not as she was the children's Nanny and Josh is now 19 and the twins 16 but that's not to say that Karen/ David haven't kept in touch with her and she may feature briefly?
  • Options
    Peter_GazzardPeter_Gazzard Posts: 759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought Helen could have played Rachel's doppelganger,silly though
  • Options
    ritchie2ykritchie2yk Posts: 5,556
    Forum Member
    Joy2286 wrote: »
    Robyn- yes she is part of the new series.

According to this article she and David are now married

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/cold-feet-2016-spoilers-new-series-cast-start-date_uk_57bdb17de4b0f78b2b4c8a20

As for Ramona- I would guess not as she was the children's Nanny and Josh is now 19 and the twins 16 but that's not to say that Karen/ David haven't kept in touch with her and she may feature briefly?

Cheers 😊
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Starts tonight :)
  • Options
    harrypalmerharrypalmer Posts: 1,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They were always filming Cold Feet around Manchester when I was at university there in the 1990s. I particularly recall them standing in St Peter's Square in front of the library.

Not sure a revival is a good idea. James Nesbitt's character is older, but has a considerably better hairline than he did in the 1990s.
  • Options
    Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    her name was Robyn

Wasn't she the same actress who played the bitchy woman in Bridget Jones the Edge of Reason (the jellyfish moments?)
  • Options
    benjwx1benjwx1 Posts: 5,374
    Forum Member
    Bump - About to start :)
  • Options
    MoffgalMoffgal Posts: 111
    Forum Member
    Sooo, what do we think so far?

I'm happy, the writing seems good.
  • Options
    bitchboybluebitchboyblue Posts: 2,778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haven't ever watched an episode of cold feet so have nothing to compare it too, but I'm liking the chemistry of the characters. This is going to be a nice easy Monday night watch.
  • Options
    benjwx1benjwx1 Posts: 5,374
    Forum Member
    Moffgal wrote: »
    Sooo, what do we think so far?

I'm happy, the writing seems good.

I'm really enjoying it so far :)