Options

Lady GaGa - Hot Mess?

Comments

• Options
    PaparazzoPaparazzo Posts: 6,155
    Forum Member
    Well, I've pretty much been shot down by a few obsessives, yes.

*Ahem* PaparazzoGaGaRulesMolybecks*Cough*

What!? Who said that!?;):p

I'm sure I don't know what you mean.
  • Options
    elnombreelnombre Posts: 3,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree.:)

I think in her addictions and failings she turned to creating a character, a new, fresh character that she could wipe the slate clean with.

So in other words, exactly what rock stars have done for years. Alice Cooper and David Bowie spring instantly to mind. It's called being a performer. For some reason women aren't allowed to do it, or they're instantly dismissed as a 'weirdo'.
  • Options
    Mr. FahrenheitMr. Fahrenheit Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    elnombre wrote: »
    So in other words, exactly what rock stars have done for years. Alice Cooper and David Bowie spring instantly to mind. It's called being a performer. For some reason women aren't allowed to do it, or they're instantly dismissed as a 'weirdo'.

Rubbish.

Women are accepted a lot more than men now in developing a visual image, Madonna for example.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Rubbish.

Women are accepted a lot more than men now in developing a visual image, Madonna for example.

And unlike a lot of other female artists who have copied her style (ie Katy Perry), Gaga has been doing it from the start. When people started to realize that people like her style, they've started to copy it themselves. Just like Katy Perry did.

But unlike Katy and most of the others, Gaga can pull it off ;):sleep:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Paparazzo wrote: »
    And unlike a lot of other female artists who have copied her style (ie Katy Perry), Gaga has been doing it from the start. When people started to realize that people like her style, they've started to copy it themselves. Just like Katy Perry did.

GaGa was doing Fiona Apple-style piano rock before she was famous, so she actually did change her image!:p

Something that really annoys me is when people say acts that have been around way longer have copied GaGa. For example; One girl in school said Madonna ripped off GaGa because she was wearing a glitter dress in the video for Celebration. I just thought- :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    GaGa was doing Fiona Apple-style piano rock before she was famous, so she actually did change her image!:p

Something that really annoys me is when people say acts that have been around way longer have copied GaGa. For example; One girl in school said Madonna ripped off GaGa because she was wearing a glitter dress in the video for Celebration. I just thought- :eek:

Since she's been famous Katy Perry has had like what? 50 different styles? She's such a famewhore.

And meh, I think it is obvious that there is certain copying but unlike what some people insist, she doesn't copy her every move. Tut. It's obvious that there is some similarities, but the different outweigh them.

FULL STOP.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Since she's been famous Katy Perry has had like what? 50 different styles? She's such a famewhore.

And meh, I think it is obvious that there is certain copying but unlike what some people insist, she doesn't copy her every move. Tut. It's obvious that there is some similarities, but the different outweigh them.

FULL STOP.

I agree Katy Perry changed her style dramatically for fame- she started out as a Christian Rock singer!:eek:

I'm not saying GaGa rips off everything, but there are more obvious similarities between her and a lot of artists, which isn't the same for others.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I agree Katy Perry changed her style dramatically for fame- she started out as a Christian Rock singer!:eek:

I'm not saying GaGa rips off everything, but there are more obvious similarities between her and a lot of artists, which isn't the same for others.

And when people have the cheek to say that she copied Haguilera in the Not Myself Tonight video just needs help. SHE DID IT FIRST!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    And when people have the cheek to say that she copied Haguilera in the Not Myself Tonight video just needs help. SHE DID IT FIRST!!!

With respect to Christina though, she did the ''erratic fashion'' thing way before GaGa, during the Stripped era.
    She thought she could bring it back with Bionic, but failed.

And Haguilera? Classy.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    With respect to Christina though, she did the ''erratic fashion'' thing way before GaGa, during the Stripped era.
    She thought she could bring it back with Bionic, but failed.

And Haguilera? Classy.:rolleyes:

I don't mind that she copied her, because without it then we wouldn't have Godga.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I don't mind that she copied her, because without it then we wouldn't have Godga.

What's with the stupid names?

They're not witty at all!:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    What's with the stupid names?

They're not witty at all!:rolleyes:

They're not meant to be witty, they're meant to be truthful. (Which they are).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    They're not meant to be witty, they're meant to be truthful. (Which they are).

So you think calling someone a hag is nice?

What if I started saying Godney?:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So you think calling someone a hag is nice?

What if I started saying Godney?:rolleyes:

Did I say nice? I thought I said truthful.

And Godney doesn't sound half as good as Godga.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Did I say nice? I thought I said truthful.

And Godney doesn't sound half as good as Godga.

How is she a hag?

And I wasn't being serious about Godney, all of them sound bad.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    How is she a hag?

And I wasn't being serious about Godney, all of them sound bad.:rolleyes:

She's not but I read it somewhere and it just caught on.
  • Options
    muddipawsmuddipaws Posts: 3,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is one ugly mamma, so hides behind the silly outfits to distract from that horrendous face of hers
  • Options
    Forum Member
    muddipaws wrote: »
    She is one ugly mamma, so hides behind the silly outfits to distract from that horrendous face of hers

She really isn't. I've been in the same room as her and she really isn't ugly.

And she's not a mamma either. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    She really isn't. I've been in the same room as her and she really isn't ugly.

And she's not a mamma either. :)

:eek:

Not Mother Monster for you!?:D
  • Options
    The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    muddipaws wrote: »

Hmm. As oppose to Kylie who wiggles her arse into every camera going, butchers herself into oblivion so she doesn't even look human and has to detract from her 'singing' by masquerading as a showgirl.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    :eek:

Not Mother Monster for you!?:D

Didn't think of that, I retract that part of my comment.

But she's attractive in a way that your mother isn't.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,881
    Forum Member

That's not true. When she started out she was known as the Amercian Amy Winehouse. She played piano and had long dark hair.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    sophloz wrote: »
    That's not true. When she started out she was known as the Amercian Amy Winehouse. She played piano and had long dark hair.

I am aware, I meant start of being a celebrity, 2008.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hmm. As oppose to Kylie who wiggles her arse into every camera going, butchers herself into oblivion so she doesn't even look human and has to detract from her 'singing' by masquerading as a showgirl.

Kylie doesn't look so bad anymore! She seems to have toned down the botox. She was looking a bit scarey a couple of years back but it seems, not so much now.

sophloz wrote: »

She looked pretty normal to me. It's not as though she's been dressing up since she was a teenager, unlike say David Bowie was or Marc Bolan was or Boy George was. Therefore, I'd say she's adopted the crazy look for effect, not because it's naturally a part of her personality, but whatever. It works and she obviously enjoys it.
  • Options
    The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kylie doesn't look so bad anymore! She seems to have toned down the botox. She was looking a bit scarey a couple of years back but it seems, not so much now.

She looked pretty normal to me. It's not as though she's been dressing up since she was a teenager, unlike say David Bowie was or Marc Bolan was or Boy George was. Therefore, I'd say she's adopted the crazy look for effect, not because it's naturally a part of her personality, but whatever. It works and she obviously enjoys it.

Agreed completely about what you say about Gaga.

Sorry Rose, I can't agree about Kylie. She may have toned down the botox but she still looks abnormal IMHO.