Options

500,000 immigrants have been given social housing in last decade

Comments

• Options
    JosquiusJosquius Posts: 1,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    but you were born here. immigrants choose to give up that place where they came from.

when they come here so it's their fault if they don't have a house in they come here not ours.

I don't think polish people would have a same view to british people if decided to go to live in poland .

polish people would think they got more like to the polish social housing in an immigrant to poland.
    Um, they do.
    Not Poland but I lived in Sweden for a few years and got stuff out of the Swedish social system just as a native Swede could.
    I do have a Swedish born friend who studied in Poland and she too got equal treatment. I don't know how social housing is over there but you are fully entitled to go over and apply for it and be treat equally to a Pole.

Too many little Englanders, content to stay in their little islandy bubble, ignore that this is a two way street. Lots of Brits take advantage of EU law to work abroad, something that will only increase in the future as eastern europe develops and the strength of English as a global language solidifies.
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/night-copy/tony-parsons-royal-baby-footman-2119076

What planet does this guy live on, what about a British worker doing this and getting a nice place to live rent free in the centre of London?

Does he understand that a foreign graduate taking a job below their skills level is taking a job from a British school leaver with no or little qualifications. I don't blame the Indian guy, he apparently understood and accepted the decision completely, he will also have a c.v. that opens lots of doors in his career, but I do blame left wing journalists like this one for not caring about the working class in the UK.

I find this post funny.
    I read the same article this morning and got the opposite impression from it. This guy was being very anti-foreigner and tradtionally left wing British worker uber alles, lets pick and choose only the best immigrants no matter where they're from, **** the EU, etc....
  • Options
    MajlisMajlis Posts: 31,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Josquius wrote: »
    Too many little Englanders, content to stay in their little islandy bubble, ignore that this is a two way street. Lots of Brits take advantage of EU law to work abroad, something that will only increase in the future as eastern europe develops and the strength of English as a global language solidifies.

I agree with what you say, however all those Brits who go and work abroad that I know actually know, go and work - they don't rely on the welfare system in the host country. Perhaps I have only met the Brits who are prepared to work but surely you can see the point that, yes you should welcome economic migrants to fill job vacancies, but those who want to rely on the State for support....
  • Options
    deptfordbakerdeptfordbaker Posts: 22,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Josquius wrote:

You realise the solution to that is balanced migration. So for example.

2 million Brits go to Spain, we set the cap to 2 million Spaniards allowed to come here.

If 1000 Britons emigrate to India, we set the cap of Indians allowed to come here to 1000.
  • Options
    RickyBarbyRickyBarby Posts: 5,902
    Forum Member
    Josquius wrote: »
    Um, they do.
    Not Poland but I lived in Sweden for a few years and got stuff out of the Swedish social system just as a native Swede could.
    I do have a Swedish born friend who studied in Poland and she too got equal treatment. I don't know how social housing is over there but you are fully entitled to go over and apply for it and be treat equally to a Pole.

I find this post funny.
    I read the same article this morning and got the opposite impression from it. This guy was being very anti-foreigner and tradtionally left wing British worker uber alles, lets pick and choose only the best immigrants no matter where they're from, **** the EU, etc....

do you think polish people welcome british people like we got to welcome them I don't think so.
  • Options
    Forum Member

2 million Brits go to Spain, we set the cap to 2 million Spaniards allowed to come here.

If 1000 Britons emigrate to India, we set the cap of Indians allowed to come here to 1000.

that sounds a very good idea but government would not do it.

in fact every nation on earth should have that rule.
  • Options
    Nessun DormaNessun Dorma Posts: 12,846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RickyBarby wrote: »
    but you were born here. immigrants choose to give up that place where they came from.

when they come here so it's their fault if they don't have a house in they come here not ours.

I don't think polish people would have a same view to british people if decided to go to live in poland .

polish people would think they got more like to the polish social housing in an immigrant to poland.

Sorry Ricky, but that post makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Majlis wrote: »
    I agree with what you say, however all those Brits who go and work abroad that I know actually know, go and work - they don't rely on the welfare system in the host country. Perhaps I have only met the Brits who are prepared to work but surely you can see the point that, yes you should welcome economic migrants to fill job vacancies, but those who want to rely on the State for support....

How many EU migrants in the UK claim work related benefits?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

What about one million Spaniards, two hundred thousand French, four hundred thousand Poles, one hundred and fifty thousand Italians and two hundred and fifty thousand Romanians?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    do you think polish people welcome british people like we got to welcome them I don't think so.

On your last trip to Poland, how were you treated?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sorry Ricky, but that post makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

I meant polish people wouldn't be welcoming to british people in poland. like british people are meant to be welcoming to polish people here
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So, how was your last trip to Poland?
  • Options
    spaniel-loverspaniel-lover Posts: 4,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://news.sky.com/story/1124291/homeless-more-young-people-sleeping-rough

All these British homeless people, yet councils allocate homes to foreigners - disgraceful.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    http://news.sky.com/story/1124291/homeless-more-young-people-sleeping-rough

All these British homeless people, yet councils allocate homes to foreigners - disgraceful.

no surprise is it.
  • Options
    spaniel-loverspaniel-lover Posts: 4,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    no surprise is it.

One of the rough sleepers in the report on TV even had cerebral palsy FFS.
  • Options
    JosquiusJosquius Posts: 1,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I meant polish people wouldn't be welcoming to british people in poland. like british people are meant to be welcoming to polish people here
    Have you ever been to Poland? Britain is one of the most popular countries over there, they treat Brits very well, better than we treat Poles probally given the anti eastern european ignorance floating about.

That's silly.
    What if the world's leading heart surgeon, an Indian, decides he wants to relocate to London- but we've already had our 1000 Indians for the year?
    Meanwhile every random useless Juan, Miguel and Pablo is allowed to come as they please.

So do 99% of EU people who come here.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How many EU migrants in the UK claim work related benefits?

No idea - but I still haven't seen a valid argument as to why they should be entitled to any benefits.
  • Options
    StykerStyker Posts: 49,889
    Forum Member
    No idea - but I still haven't seen a valid argument as to why they should be entitled to any benefits.

If people are working here legally and paying taxes here then why shouldn't they get any benefits that people that where born here and work do?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Styker wrote: »
    If people are working here legally and paying taxes here then why shouldn't they get any benefits that people that where born here and work do?

Because they are not citizens - if they are economic migrants simply here to work, then there should be no issue with exempting them from welfare handouts.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

And yet you imply that they don't want to work? :confused: A bit confusing, wouldn't you say. You seemed to know that they don't want to work, but have no idea how many. Surely, if you claim that they don't want to to work, you must know, at least roughly, how many don't want to work.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Because they are not citizens - if they are economic migrants simply here to work, then there should be no issue with exempting them from welfare handouts.

In which case, they shouldn't have to pay any taxes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And yet you imply that they don't want to work? :confused: A bit confusing, wouldn't you say. You seemed to know that they don't want to work, but have no idea how many. Surely, if you claim that they don't want to to work, you must know, at least roughly, how many don't want to work.

What are you on about? :confused:

We keep getting told (by you amongst others) that Economic migrants are not here to collect welfare but to work - then in that case why the desperation to ensure that they cannot be exempted from receiving welfare handouts?
    In which case, they shouldn't have to pay any taxes.

So all British citizens who are not in receipt of welfare should not pay tax either?
  • Options
    StykerStyker Posts: 49,889
    Forum Member

For me it matters not whether or not they are citizens and that should not be the test and isn't the test either officially for EU citizens. If people are paying the same taxes as British citizens they should be entitled to the same benefits as well. If not, they should pay less tax I think.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What are you on about? :confused:

You were the one who was implying that EU migrants come here to claim benefits.
    We keep getting told (by you amongst others) that Economic migrants are not here to collect welfare but to work - then in that case why the desperation to ensure that they cannot be exempted from receiving welfare handouts?

Because they are entitled to, if they need to. We are constantly being told by you and others that even they equally contribute to society as any British person, they shouldn't be allowed to.
    So all British citizens who are not in receipt of welfare should not pay tax either?

Not at all, because if they should ever need to, they will have had to have paid into the system. But then, they don't even have have paid into the system in order to qualify for benefits. But you are calling for people, who have paid their taxes, should not be allowed to benefit from the system they have supported. If they are not allowed to call upon the state in time of need, they shouldn't have to support it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If the figures have come from MigrationWatch, then you can pretty much dismiss it as a load of old bollocks.
    You've made your opinion known...now provide the evidence to support your claim so as to reverse your fantasy claim into fact?..:rolleyes::rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ecckles wrote: »
    You've made your opinion known...now provide the evidence to support your claim so as to reverse your fantasy claim into fact?..:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I think you need read the whole thread before asking that question.