Options

Any Plex Fans here ?

Hi all,

Over the years I have mainly used XBMC on my mediacentre PC, but have been at a lost since Sony decided to not include DLNA on the PS4 at the moment. Anyhow I have just decided to give Plex a try and have to say that with the exception of metadata glitches like classing all my Game Of Thrones episodes as downtown shitty, which soon got corrected, I am rather impressed.

Any other fans here ?

Comments

• Options
    Esot-ericEsot-eric Posts: 1,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's alright but i wouldn't say i'm a fan.

I use it as a DLNA server for access by consoles and have a NowTV box with Rarflix side-loaded, but wherever possible the household uses Kodi/XBMC.

As you've discovered, Plex's built-in scrapers are completely useless, so i installed third-party scrapers (XBMCnfoMoviesImporter and XBMCnfoTVImporter) into Plex and let a master Kodi install that has write access to my shares handle the metadata.
  • Options
    darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Esot-eric wrote: »
    It's alright but i wouldn't say i'm a fan.

I use it as a DLNA server for access by consoles and have a NowTV box with Rarflix side-loaded, but wherever possible the household uses Kodi/XBMC.

As you've discovered, Plex's built-in scrapers are completely useless, so i installed third-party scrapers (XBMCnfoMoviesImporter and XBMCnfoTVImporter) into Plex and let a master Kodi install that has write access to my shares handle the metadata.

I did love the XBMC layout, but never used the new Kodi. I will have to have a look what else I can do with Plex, as had no idea about the third-party scrapers, so thank you very much for the heads up on that. :)