Lady GaGa - Hot Mess?

Mr. FahrenheitMr. Fahrenheit Posts: 9,911
Forum Member
When she started out, GaGa looked cheap, but creative with what she had.:)

From about July 2009 - May 2010, GaGa's style improved greatly, and actually looked the part.:)

But now it feels like she's just doing it for the sake of doing it, and has started to come across as very trashy, and it's not really clever anymore.
It's not quite as trashy as Britney, but she just doesn't look as good as she did.:(

Plus, she's way too skinny for her look, she was way better when she had a bit of meat on her, but now her saggy boobs are out for everyone to see, even though she doesn't seem to care that she does have the body of a skinny woman in her 50s.:(

Comments

• BellagioBellagio Posts: 3,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Must be one helluva life where your first thought on waking each morning is "how can I be shocking and controversial today ?" One helluva sad, sad life. Just what is she going to do when no-one's interested any more, when her fanbase grows up and moves on ? That, my friends, is going to be some train wreck. :eek:
  • j4Rosej4Rose Posts: 5,482
    Forum Member
    What a lovely post!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,537
    Forum Member
    just a mess.
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why she walks around in these horrendous get-ups, tripping and falling at airports and exposing herself indecently, I have no idea. :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

From about July 2009 - May 2010, GaGa's style improved greatly, and actually looked the part.:)

But now it feels like she's just doing it for the sake of doing it, and has started to come across as very trashy, and it's not really clever anymore.
    It's not quite as trashy as Britney, but she just doesn't look as good as she did.:(

Plus, she's way too skinny for her look, she was way better when she had a bit of meat on her, but now her saggy boobs are out for everyone to see, even though she doesn't seem to care that she does have the body of a skinny woman in her 50s.:(

She had a bit of meat on her if you remember, at the VMA's. xD
  • crystal_methcrystal_meth Posts: 8,379
    Forum Member
    Bellagio wrote: »
    Must be one helluva life where your first thought on waking each morning is "how can I be shocking and controversial today ?" One helluva sad, sad life. Just what is she going to do when no-one's interested any more, when her fanbase grows up and moves on ? That, my friends, is going to be some train wreck. :eek:

Pretty much what I was going to say! It must be very stressful and by default impossible for the GaGa one to maintain this stance, especially when she states that she will never step foot out of her home in casual clothing in order to not 'insult' her fans.

She's not particularly well liked by other performers who feel she's just literally misappropriated any notable aspect of their 'look' or persona and used them all in one go. Her drug use status is unclear as she issues forth conflicting statements but she looked like crap to start with so whatever is causing her low weight and malnourished look isn't helping that situation, she's only young and it'l make her too ill to continue.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    IMO, there's nothing hot about GaGa. I love her as a musician and performer, but hot, she ain't......not in my book.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love Gaga, i can't help but think though that she thinks being crazy and having a silly dress sense is the only reason she got noticed in the first place.

She's got a good voice and is a good song writer she could ditch the crazy ways now she's established. I get the feeling she doesn't want to though and likes being in the news a lot.
  • elnombreelnombre Posts: 3,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Better not say what I think of this post, for fear of getting banned, but I have to ask where do you get off telling people what they should weigh? Saw her up close in Rotterdam and she looked great.

Love her or hate her, it takes talent and a creative mind to present yourself artistically and capture peoples imaginations the way she has. Conversely, it doesn't take much of anything to rip someone's body, weight, breasts and look apart from the safety of your computer keyboard.
  • j4Rosej4Rose Posts: 5,482
    Forum Member
    elnombre wrote: »
    Better not say what I think of this post, for fear of getting banned, but I have to ask where do you get off telling people what they should weigh? Saw her up close in Rotterdam and she looked great.

Love her or hate her, it takes talent and a creative mind to present yourself artistically and capture peoples imaginations the way she has. Conversely, it doesn't take much of anything to rip someone's body, weight, breasts and look apart from the safety of your computer keyboard.

It certainly doesn't. I like her music and I think she has a surprisingly good voice. She projects a certain image, which I think is fair enough to criticise - clothes etc. However, to criticise her body like that is just bitchy, nasty and unnecessary. I'm assuming the Op has a perfect body after that post.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 290
    Forum Member
    She wasn't that hot in first video, but after that love game, definitly hot! the unedited video where she is lying there legs akimbo with a guys head inbetween, very hot, since then she had got hotter in her vids, outside of the vids she is acting like any good rock/pop star should!
    If she is a smart cookie which I kinda think she is, then she will re invent herself every so often like all the greats to and she will not burn out! I personaly think she's a little cutie! Lover her in the micky mouse outfit in bad romance, and hot as hell in 70's rocker look in the end of the telephone video.
  • crystal_methcrystal_meth Posts: 8,379
    Forum Member
    *Clare* wrote: »
    I love Gaga, i can't help but think though that she thinks being crazy and having a silly dress sense is the only reason she got noticed in the first place.

She's got a good voice and is a good song writer she could ditch the crazy ways now she's established. I get the feeling she doesn't want to though and likes being in the news a lot.

She's shot herself in the foot a bit on that score. Obviously she's rich enough now to never have to work again so she can do whatever she likes in the future but IMO if she wants to continue her career by ditching the extreme outfits, she'l need to totally rebrand herself and maybe a new name too.
  • MoJo-GirlMoJo-Girl Posts: 979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Good God man, you're brave!! There are some angry Gaga fans on this website...

:eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's shot herself in the foot a bit on that score. Obviously she's rich enough now to never have to work again so she can do whatever she likes in the future but IMO if she wants to continue her career by ditching the extreme outfits, she'l need to totally rebrand herself and maybe a new name too.

Well she is heavily influenced by Madonna who continues to rebrand herself so i can't see why Gaga can't do it.

There was talk a while ago that the 'Lady' was being ditched from Lady Gaga and she'd just be known as Gaga but i think that will be saved for another time.
  • molybecksmolybecks Posts: 14,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't say gaga is a 'hot mess'. I don't even think she goes out to BE sexy (although on tour she does sometimes say 'do you think im sexy?- gets the audience going :D ). I think her look (especially facially) is very unique & i think thats why a lot of people critize her but also find her attractive for looking so different.

I guess for fans or the public, 2 years hasn't been that long, for gaga it's probably been a lifetime of travelling etc, so she probably doesn't care how 'saggy' she looks anymore :D
  • Mr. FahrenheitMr. Fahrenheit Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    I want to defend myself in reference to what I said about her body.

I'm not claiming I'm perfect, nobody is, but she looks very thin and sickly at the moment, in comparison to how she looked when she first came to mainstream fame. Also, she seems to be a lot paler than she was when she started out, though that could easily be the make-up she wears.:(
    Forum Member
    molybecks wrote: »

You can't compare performance and candid photos, even if it's GaGa.:)

And BTW, that first photo is exactly the kind of trashy look I was posting about.:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You can't compare performance and candid photos, even if it's GaGa.:)

And BTW, that first photo is exactly the kind of trashy look I was posting about.:)

But she doesn't look too skinny or too fat though..i'd probably say average there, the trashy look i kinda like (if thats what you like to call it) as you see more of 'her' rather than being covered up by some random outfit :p
  • Huffy1968Huffy1968 Posts: 1,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zack06 wrote: »
    Why she walks around in these horrendous get-ups, tripping and falling at airports and exposing herself indecently, I have no idea. :rolleyes:

She's hiding from normality... and herself, I fear. :(
    Forum Member
    Huffy1968 wrote: »
    She's hiding from normality... and herself, I fear. :(

I agree.:)

I think in her addictions and failings she turned to creating a character, a new, fresh character that she could wipe the slate clean with.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    elnombre wrote: »

This.
  • PaparazzoPaparazzo Posts: 6,155
    Forum Member
    Hot? Yes.
    Mess? No.

She's extremely good looking.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Paparazzo wrote: »
    Hot? Yes.
    Mess? No.

She's extremely good looking.

Oooh i say!
    Forum Member
    MoJo-Girl wrote: »
    Good God man, you're brave!! There are some angry Gaga fans on this website...

:eek:

Well, I've pretty much been shot down by a few obsessives, yes.

*Ahem* PaparazzoGaGaRulesMolybecks*Cough*

What!? Who said that!?;):p