Options

Have you ever found a consistant takeaway?

13»

Comments

• Options
    kiviraatkiviraat Posts: 4,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There was a Chinese takeaway in my hometown that was *amazing*. I used it for about 6 years or so, and it was so good that I eventually got pretty fat from eating it so often :D Now where I live, in my village we have one shitty chip shop that is barely open in the winter and the food is crap, plus the nearest Chinese (out of two on the island) is 40 minutes away and is rather bland, which is a pity :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^ that's the problem , you can end up a real porker on takeaways :( Why are all the nice things bad for you :cry:

Its not fair :D
  • Options
    Sifter22Sifter22 Posts: 12,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My last one failed in the end. They got slack even when I tipped the drivers. Gone with a new place twice now and they're decent enough. They seem to want to keep their 6* rating on Just-Eat so hopefully they make the effort. I've never been asked by a delivery driver to rate before.
  • Options
    Grabid RanniesGrabid Rannies Posts: 4,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can consistently rely on plastic chicken with green pepper in MSG-laden black bean sauce from the same local takeaway when I am drunk enough to crave it, and bloody lovely it is (at the time!) too :)
  • Options
    gavinfarrellygavinfarrelly Posts: 6,195
    Forum Member
    Never ever had a problem with our local chinese.

Except for the order coming freezing cold and an hour late once, but it was during the terrible snow. Driver got stuck. He offered to take it back and get fresh though, but I said no incase same thing happened again.
  • Options
    Victoria SpongeVictoria Sponge Posts: 16,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yummy Yummy Chinese in Boscombe (Bournemouth area) were consistantly great but I haven't used them since 2008 so I don't know now (or even if they still exist!).
    Top Wok, another Chinese in Bournemouth was also always good.
    McDonalds is always up to standard in all branches I have been to since the late eighties.
  • Options
    KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    The Golden Wok in Exeter was always absolutely fantastic. There's one in Basingstoke called the Wing Wah which has, so far, been almost as good. Some takeaways are surprisingly crappy though.
  • Options
    BZRBZR Posts: 2,197
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My ex lived in this crappy little Yorkshire village but their Chinese was amazing!! I also have a amazing Indian close to me which never fails, its always tasty, hot and delivered quickly!
  • Options
    Uk LtdUk Ltd Posts: 1,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Our local is consistently awful
  • Options
    RogerBaileyRogerBailey Posts: 1,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some Chinese take aways I used to go to were consistently (good).

But I could never find an Indian take away which cooked consistently good meals. I know chefs need a break, which is probably the reason.

Maybe Indian curries are harder to nail than Chinese food, who knows.
  • Options
    asp746asp746 Posts: 7,286
    Forum Member
    my local's Chinese meals are always the same which is why I keep using them however sometimes their chips can be a bit dodgy varying from warm-ups to othertimes not being properly cooked. I spose it depends on the spuds and fat they use,

all of this austerity is doing marvels for my diet - I used to be a regular at the chippy but it's very rare I go now. Only times I eat out is when I go to wetherspoons each Saturday - had a hotdog, chips and a coke today for £5.70 which I thought was quite reasonable.
  • Options
    trphiltrphil Posts: 2,931
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My local Indian is fantastic all the time, if I could afford to I would eat there every single day!