Options

Tina Carter: Is she to be taken seriously?

lordo350lordo350 Posts: 3,636
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Don't get me wrong. When she was introduced I thought she had bundles of potential, even though she was a retcon. However, now she's been around a couple of weeks, I'm really starting to worry she's one of those dreaded "comedic characters."

Everything she seems to do is for comedic value. I know there hasn't really been any chance for some development yet, and this may well change when Mick joins, but for now she's just there to try and make us laugh. The problem with these type of characters is simple: they just don't work. EE excels at deep characters who can explore and get to know. When they are there to just be funny and have no other characteristic, you end up with fail (AJ Massood is a good example, and I'm not a fan of Kim Fox either).

I dunno. I really hope I'm wrong. It's just, I was hoping for more than just comic relief from Shirley's sister, especially with the hype surrounding her joining. Silly characters are nothing new to EE... you'd think they'd learn their lesson by now in all honesty.

But what does everyone else think? Is she being set up to just try (and fail) to make us laugh, or will they actually do something with her?

Comments

• Options
    RandomPeter94RandomPeter94 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know what you mean.

Luisa is capable of doing serious stuff, so I hope they do.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 262
    Forum Member
    Well if she was brought in to make us laugh...I haven't cracked a smile yet. Although I will admit to a few headshakes at the getups she wears and the little tufts of hair stuck out all over her head.
  • Options
    Scorpio2Scorpio2 Posts: 5,632
    Forum Member
    Maybe she suppose to be the joke character out of the Carters.
  • Options
    B*witchedB*witched Posts: 5,647
    Forum Member
    How old is Tina meant to be? She acts like a teenager. Luisa Bradshaw White is one of my favourite actresses so I hope they give her good storylines in 2014.
  • Options
    vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She must be 42 at least as Mick is the youngest.
  • Options
    TheGraduate2012TheGraduate2012 Posts: 14,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was she ever in Bad Girls? I'm struggling to remember where I know her from.
  • Options
    KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was she ever in Bad Girls? I'm struggle to remember where I know her from.

Yep.

She played Lorna Rose in series 1.

http://www.badgirls.co.uk/images/gallery/lorna/lorna-1.jpg
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KieranDS wrote: »
    Yep.

She played Lorna Rose in series 1.

http://www.badgirls.co.uk/images/gallery/lorna/lorna-1.jpg

Thought so, thanks! :) Was Linda (Shirley) in it at that point?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thought so, thanks! :) Was Linda (Shirley) in it at that point?

Lorna left the episode Yvonne came in. They never crossed paths :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lorna left the episode Yvonne came in. They never crossed paths :(

How ironic! I loved Linda in Bad Girls and she's basically Yvonne in EE as well!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How ironic! I loved Linda in Bad Girls and she's basically Yvonne in EE as well!

Linda Henry and Kellie Bright were in Bad Girls at the same time. Although, I never remember them sharing any significant scenes or story lines with each other.

I think DTC is a big Bad Girls fan - he cast Sharon Brewster Duncan (Crystal Gordon) as Trina a few years ago.

When Aunt Babe comes into the show, 4 of the Carter's would be played by ex-Bad Girls actresses.
  • Options
    Nuggets69Nuggets69 Posts: 313
    Forum Member
    I don't get the hate for the lighter characters ... why does everyone have to be super serious business with skeletons in their closet? You do get amusing people in real life too..
  • Options
    TheJ693TheJ693 Posts: 919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nuggets69 wrote: »
    I don't get the hate for the lighter characters ... why does everyone have to be super serious business with skeletons in their closet? You do get amusing people in real life too..
    I think it's because Eastenders comedy is usually poor. But I do like Tina.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nuggets69 wrote: »

Because the 'comedy' is always terrible, worse than Corrie's. Like Kim and Fatboy and snakes in handbags and rubbish bin wars and.....zzzzzz
    Linda Henry and Kellie Bright were in Bad Girls at the same time. Although, I never remember them sharing any significant scenes or story lines with each other.

I think DTC is a big Bad Girls fan - he cast Sharon Brewster Duncan (Crystal Gordon) as Trina a few years ago.

When Aunt Babe comes into the show, 4 of the Carter's would be played by ex-Bad Girls actresses.

Oh yeah, it's amazing how many BG actresses have been in it when you think about it.
  • Options
    Bart_MitchellBart_Mitchell Posts: 282
    Forum Member

She's also in This life , together with S.J Sheppard ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's also in This life , together with S.J Sheppard ;-)

Never seen it, it any good?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,899
    Forum Member
    She behaves like an imbecile.
  • Options
    vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TheJ693 wrote: »
    I think it's because Eastenders comedy is usually poor. But I do like Tina.

I like Tina but I hope we get to see a serious side to her too.
  • Options
    Dan_1983Dan_1983 Posts: 503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am hoping she has a serious side too. I like the character though as she does make me laugh.
  • Options
    Daisy LoooDaisy Looo Posts: 80
    Forum Member
    I liked her at first, but she is starting to get a bit annoying, with the whole grown women being a teenager thing.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm prepared to give her a bit of time on account of her being a snappy dresser.

I'm genuinely surprised there aren't any threads on here today asking where folk can buy that lovely outfit she had on last night.
  • Options
    radcliffe95radcliffe95 Posts: 4,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't stand her.
  • Options
    soapfan2005soapfan2005 Posts: 751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You may also remember her from Grange Hill, The Bill, Holby City or This Life???
  • Options
    IanMandyIanMandy Posts: 14,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Because the 'comedy' is always terrible, worse than Corrie's. Like Kim and Fatboy and snakes in handbags and rubbish bin wars and.....zzzzzz

Oh yeah, it's amazing how many BG actresses have been in it when you think about it.

Never watched BG but apparently Sid Owen and Nicola Stapleton were in it?
  • Options
    robjames69robjames69 Posts: 2,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Liz May Brice
    Linda Henry
    Victoria Alcock
    Sid Owen
    Kellie Bright
    Luscia Bradshaw White
    Crystal Gordon
    Kika Mirylees