Options

Jason's giving a 4.5 mark to Gareth

2»

Comments

• Options
    Tweacle Tart IITweacle Tart II Posts: 5,079
    Forum Member
    marionette wrote: »
    Not entering a Will and Gareth debate all a very long time ago and both had very successful careers since the show.

Neither was I. I was just providing a rationale for not being bitter.....which I am not.
    marionette wrote:
    Not heard anything about Will so don't know what he is doing now but Gareth has had a very successful career in Musical theatre in latter years.

Good for him. I hate musicals with a passion so I doubt I'll be seeing him any time soon except in the trailers for The Big Reunion. Like I said, as soon as he's voting off DOI, he will happily drop off my radar once more. I don't sit there with a little Gareth doll sticking pins in it! 😏
  • Options
    willowswillows Posts: 6,169
    Forum Member
    Not really. Like I said, he's barely on my radar these days. But he does crop up now and again in the Daily Mail, like when he was "allegedly" cheating on his wife, and it's discussed on the Showbiz forum. That's how I know his fans are rabid about him. They jump to his defence no matter what he's done. See below for proof ⬇

And it is actually called Dancing On Ice!

Isn't that what fans do, whoever the person is they are going to defend them :confused:

Just because it's called Dancing on Ice doesn't mean that it's all about the dancing. If it was, then what would be the point of it being on ice? It would then just be a programme like strictly. Last week was all about the dance and most of them are trained in dance, he is going to be one of the weaker ones but his skating is stronger.
  • Options
    IgnazioIgnazio Posts: 18,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You obviously bear a grudge against Gareth Gates for some reason, and seem very bitter.

The reason Gareth was asked back was because he was a favourite and will get votes because he works hard at everything he does and gives it his best shot. He is obviously not going to win as he is pitted against professional skaters but he can be proud of every performance. He has done so far and he is a good skater or would not still be there.

Gareth has no regrets re-Jordan it was all part of growing up, and we all know there is no fury like a woman scorned.
    Who are these professional skaters he's pitted against?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 718
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ignazio wrote: »
    Who are these professional skaters he's pitted against?

Exactly what I asked earlier!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    willows wrote: »
    Isn't that what fans do, whoever the person is they are going to defend them :confused:

Just because it's called Dancing on Ice doesn't mean that it's all about the dancing. If it was, then what would be the point of it being on ice? It would then just be a programme like strictly. Last week was all about the dance and most of them are trained in dance, he is going to be one of the weaker ones but his skating is stronger.

What? Even they've done something morally questionable? Mind you, Jim Davidson's just won Big Brother so I suppose anything's possible as I'd have thought there would be no chance of anybody ever seeing him in any kind of positive light :confused:

I hope we can leave this here now. I don't like him, I've stated why, I don't think he's a good skater and I hope he goes either this week or next as he is very much one of the weakest left.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 248
    Forum Member
    I class Ray as a professional skater as he has skated from childhood and looked professional on the first show of the previous series he was in, also Kyran and Suzanne,

Nothing else to say to the Will fan as she is obviously very biased, still don't know what heis doing now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You're the one who keeps bringing it back to Pop Idol FFS!

And I have no idea what Will Young is doing right now - liked him back im the day, bought his first album and he's had a few good songs but that's where it ended for me (hardly superfan material) - but I do know that he's probably successful enough that he doesn't have to do Dancing On Ice or the reality TV circuit 😉

And you can actually feel the bitterness seeping through in your "still don't know what he's doing now" comment. I think you're the one holding the grudge!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 718
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I class Ray as a professional skater as he has skated from childhood and looked professional on the first show of the previous series he was in, also Kyran and Suzanne,

Nothing else to say to the Will fan as she is obviously very biased, still don't know what heis doing now.

Ray did not ice skate as a child at all! It has been stated on many occasions by Torvill and Dean that he hadn't! He had done some rollerblading as a teenager that's all - totally different! He also has not skated at all since he toured in 2010!. So to class him as a professional because he looks like one is ridiculous. He is just very talented and a natural skater. And how can you class Suzanne as professional either? I suppose you could argue Kyran has continued skating since he won and has produced ice shows but that doesn't make him a professional skater either!

To class any of the celebrities as professional is not only untrue but is a real insult to the pros who have trained all their lives in the sport.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Amytigger wrote: »
    Ray did not ice skate as a child at all! It has been stated on many occasions by Torvill and Dean that he hadn't! He had done some rollerblading as a teenager that's all - totally different! He also has not skated at all since he toured in 2010!. So to class him as a professional because he looks like one is ridiculous. He is just very talented and a natural skater. And how can you class Suzanne as professional either? I suppose you could argue Kyran has continued skating since he won and has produced ice shows but that doesn't make him a professional skater either!

To class any of the celebrities as professional is not only untrue but is a real insult to the pros who have trained all their lives in the sport.

Exactly. Delusional.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 248
    Forum Member
    Stand corrected they are not professionals just very expert skaters
    Can't take to Ray he is a bit cocky but Suzanne is lovely. I predict deffo one of them to win.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 251
    Forum Member
    I thought Gareth and Bonnie were the worst of the skaters. The others appear to be so much more technically advanced than Gareth, and Bonnie doesn't seem to have much chemistry with her partner and it shows.