This^^^^
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You are very welcome.
  • fenlanderfenlander Posts: 2,199
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are a couple of unusual ones in that season - Ocean Waves and Little Norse Prince don't often see the light of day. Gauche the Cellist still seems to be missing from Film 4's list, though.
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They did a Studio Ghibli film season last year I think.
    However this time they're showing Spirited Away, which they didn't last time.

Does anybody know how many of the films, and which ones, weren't shown the last time they did the recent Studio Ghibli season?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They did a Studio Ghibli film season last year I think.
    However this time they're showing Spirited Away, which they didn't last time.

Does anybody know how many of the films, and which ones, weren't shown the last time they did the recent Studio Ghibli season?

I'm sure there was a thread on here about it but I can't find it now.
  • clarriboclarribo Posts: 6,258
    Forum Member
    Really gutted on this for 2 reasons 1 hadn't realised it was on until I was flicking through the channels while staying away from home this weekend, 2 I don't own a tv and the only person I know with sky plus/similar is my ex.
    C'est la vie.
  • SpacedoneSpacedone Posts: 2,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    clarribo wrote: »
    Really gutted on this for 2 reasons 1 hadn't realised it was on until I was flicking through the channels while staying away from home this weekend, 2 I don't own a tv and the only person I know with sky plus/similar is my ex.
    C'est la vie.

If you have a internet connection then you can get Film4 on TVCatchUp. That's how I watch all my live TV these days.

I'm looking forward to watching Grave Of The Fireflies next Friday.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Since my friends had shown me a couple of Studio Ghibli films 2 Sundays ago, this SG season was like a blessing for me this Easter. :D

Out of the films I got to watch, my favourite is Castle In The Sky, but I also enjoyed Ponyo, Howl's Moving Castle and The Cat Returns to name a few. Tales From Earthsea wasn't that good IMO but if more well-known animation studios can have duds, I think Studio Ghibli is entitled to at least one. :p Didn't get to see Spirited Away but fortunately I found it in HMV with Arrietty the other week, both of which I snapped up right away. ;)

I'll definitely be seeing From Up On Poppy Hill when it comes out in the UK. What did everyone else think of Studio Ghibli season? :)