Comments

• Options
    stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    He had lovely eyes. RIP Paul Walker.
  • Options
    coughthecatcoughthecat Posts: 6,876
    Forum Member
    Don't know who he was, but god he was hot.

Perhaps not the best choice of word for someone who died in a burning car. :o
  • Options
    OvalteenieOvalteenie Posts: 24,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The car looks a burnt mangled mess. If the fire was strong enough to melt the car, I presume a human body would have been cremated?
  • Options
    Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RIP Paul Walker. My favourite movie of his was Joy Ride. Just a really entertaining and funny popcorn horror flick.

I think that's the only film I've seen him in and I enjoyed it too. Such a shame at such a young age. RIP.
  • Options
    Brass Drag0nBrass Drag0n Posts: 5,046
    Forum Member
    Bye Paul, RIP.

Thanks for the films, great escapist fun.
  • Options
    kippehkippeh Posts: 6,655
    Forum Member
    That's a real shame. He was a good lad by all accounts, lots of work for charity. He was also filming Fast and Furious 7 I think, which is going to cause them some problems. RIP.
  • Options
    wildholliewildhollie Posts: 3,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So sad, I'm gutted, gone way too soon...RIP Paul xxx
  • Options
    gmphmacgmphmac Posts: 2,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh no, I can't believe it! He was one of my favourite actors. RIP Paul :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just answering my own question earlier...

"Coroner Ed Winters said the bodies were so badly burned they would take days to positively identify."

:(
  • Options
    occyoccy Posts: 65,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Such sad news. He was making Fast and Furious 7 and leaves behind his 15 year old daughter. Know wonder he never got out of the car looking at the pictures.

I wonder if they continue with making 7?
  • Options
    homer2012homer2012 Posts: 5,216
    Forum Member
    Gutted, brillant actor and a nice guy. R.I.P. Paul
  • Options
    heart break kidheart break kid Posts: 447
    Forum Member
    This is awful. I was just watching Into the Blue the other day. He seemed like a good guy and had a young daughter. Far too young to go like this. Really sad.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kippeh wrote: »
    That's a real shame. He was a good lad by all accounts, lots of work for charity. He was also filming Fast and Furious 7 I think, which is going to cause them some problems. RIP.

I suppose it depends on how far along they were. They could potentially have enough b-roll to finish the film without him. I'd say the most likely route is that they'll re-work the script so his character dies and they'll digitally map his face on to a body double for the scenes - it's been done before.
  • Options
    Alien_SaxonAlien_Saxon Posts: 1,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ...Wow it's like history repeats itself, back then it was James Dean.

Anyways R.I.P
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They did it with Brandon Lee and Heath Ledger i think it depends on whether they've already invested too much money into it.
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,273
    Forum Member

Anyways R.I.P

Oh god i really hope that comparison doesn't start to crop up. Acting wise he was no James Dean.
  • Options
    lux lisbon 2lux lisbon 2 Posts: 6,273
    Forum Member
    Very sad news, so close to Christmas too. Paul seemed like a genuine guy and it's terribly sad to hear of his passing. My thoughts are with his family and friends at this time. RIP Paul.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Having never heard of him until you came in to this thread, there's really no way you can say that with any accuracy.

While he was clearly no DeNiro or Brando, he was a fine actor nonetheless. The fact this has made the mainstream news is more likely down to the size of the Fast and Furious franchise.

Considering that I'm not the only woman who has been struck enough by his looks to find out more about him - however shallow that is (it's how Hollywood works), then I believe I can and have said that.

As it turns out, the kids know him and are shocked and upset. According to the news, he leaves a 15yr old daughter. Tragic :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Anyways R.I.P

James Dean died from a broken neck i believe. I hate the thought of Paul Walker and his friend surviving the impact and dying in agony as they were consumed by the flames :(

I read that the glasgow helicopter didn't burst into flames because it had fuel protective mechanisms, why can't they do the same with cars?
  • Options
    Ray_SmithRay_Smith Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watched the last Fast and Furious film a few months back and found Paul Walker an engaging actor. From what I've read about the details, he wasn't driving the car. He was the passenger so he didn't have any control over the events that took his life.

RIP.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    His Wikipedia has been updated. I didn't know his full name was Paul William Walker IV

Strange how Americans go all monarchy-like with their names :o
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ovalteenie wrote: »
    They did it with Brandon Lee and Heath Ledger i think it depends on whether they've already invested too much money into it.

There's no way the film won't be released - it's too much of a cash cow for the studio. I think they've just got to work out the best way to go ahead with it.
    Odd Socks wrote: »
    Considering that I'm not the only woman who has been struck enough by his looks to find out more about him - however shallow that is (it's how Hollywood works), then I believe I can and have said that.

With respect, unless you've watched half a dozen films of his in the 6 hours since you discovered who he is, you really can't claim that - you're simply making a rather cynical assumption.
    Odd Socks wrote: »
    As it turns out, the kids know him and are shocked and upset. According to the news, he leaves a 15yr old daughter. Tragic :(

I'd wager that most film fans know of him in some respect.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's no way the film won't be released - it's too much of a cash cow for the studio. I think they've just got to work out the best way to go ahead with it.

With respect, unless you've watched half a dozen films of his in the 6 hours since you discovered who he is, you really can't claim that - you're simply making a rather cynical assumption.

I'd wager that most film fans know of him in some respect.

Ok, if it makes you feel better, he's not a really good bloke and attractiveness is not something Hollywood looks for in their stars.

I am a film fan, though haven't seen any but the first F&F film. I didn't like it, so didn't watch it. I guess that means, as a woman attracted to a man, my opinions are invalid.
  • Options
    Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really cannot believe it.

So so sad :(

R.I.P Paul.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ray_Smith wrote: »
    Watched the last Fast and Furious film a few months back and found Paul Walker an engaging actor. From what I've read about the details, he wasn't driving the car. He was the passenger so he didn't have any control over the events that took his life.

RIP.
    The friend driving the car was apparently a pro racer.

As the road safety campaign says, speed kills. The trouble with movies such as F&F is that they glamorise street racing in fast cars.