Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sarn wrote: »
    You love me really :p

You're not that bad actually ;)
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sabine won't be coming back today, I feel. Halep far too steady.
  • shortiefluffshortiefluff Posts: 3,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    david16 wrote: »
    Nadal strolling it to a 6/1 6/3 6/4 in about 100 minutes against a fellow baseliner would have be been a dull affair.

That's not what I'm getting at. I'm saying his frustration is obvious as the opponents against him are always inspired and maybe he's just letting off steam. Of course you want a match and Nick was worthy of the win but I'm sure he's more fed up with himself than anything ese that he can't seem to find a way to beat these inspired big hitters.

A dull affair isn't interesting. Novak's made hard work of his matches here this week and Dimitri gas fought. Rafa had fought hard to get to the 4th rd but Roger/Andy for example have had serene progress. Rafa can't really be castigated for showing a bit of frustration post match. Things would be different this morning I'm sure if he was asked again. He gave credit and praised Nick but no-one can really predict what his future is. It looks bright but so many have promised so much but delivered little.
  • Off_the_hook13Off_the_hook13 Posts: 17,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CLL Dodge wrote: »
    Sabine won't be coming back today, I feel. Halep far too steady.

Yep I expected this would be the case.
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    Turned over to Bouchard. My only hope now is that Lisicki doesn't cry.......
  • JB92JB92 Posts: 2,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Double break! Simona playing well
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Simona is on it today.

Not a good day for the German players by the looks of it.
  • Lisa.BLisa.B Posts: 57,273
    Forum Member
    NinjyBear wrote: »
    Turned over to Bouchard. My only hope now is that Lisicki doesn't cry.......

It's running away rapidly now. At least I like Halep though, hopefully Simona can go all the way if she is to win this. :)
  • SanguiniusSanguinius Posts: 1,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would imagine Halep is such a hard player to come back from a set down against. She's such a fierce competitor and when you have to chase some shots/take more risks to get back into it it just opens up more of those angles for Halep.
  • GrecomaniaGrecomania Posts: 19,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If Sharapova is in the box for Murray=Dimitrov I'm sure that will attract criticism too. Yet it deserves criticism all the time, why are the Beed so obsessed with the bloody box. In the Petra match yesterday they were going there all the time, with no star power at all.

At least with Maria and Kim it will be eye-candy, yet I wish they'd stop it so much TBH.

Looking straight-forward for the best player in the draw now, as it should be.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nothing is working for Sabine today.
    Lisa.B wrote: »
    It's running away rapidly now. At least I like Halep though, hopefully Simona can go all the way if she is to win this. :)

Yeah Halep is the player I would most like to see do well after Sabine. She's the real deal considering what she has achieved lately.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sabine is rubbish.
  • ElCantoDelLocoElCantoDelLoco Posts: 6,637
    Forum Member
    saralund wrote: »

They're only rumours, think it started with some people not believing a teenager could be a muscular as he was - if you look at that website, he's far from being the only player they post rumours about, and people on there take it to extremes - he's probably the only professional player who's never had a genuine injury, they've all either been part of a planned programme to allow him to dope without being caught or silent bans!!

People also make lot of him saying he doesn't like going to the gym/doesn't work out much, and use that as proof that he only has muscles because of steroids, but he's got gym at his house and there are lots of videos on him on YouTube doing exercises.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Triple break! Big gain in ranking points for Halep due
  • FMKKFMKK Posts: 32,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    david16 wrote: »
    It seemed like it at the Australian Open. Then it seemed like normal service resumed at the French with 3 of them in the semi final (albeit Murray not quite cruising to the semis the same fashion as Nadal or Djokovic there).

3 of them still in it at Wimbledon. There's every chance we may not even see a big 4 v big 4 final though this year at Wimbledon. From 2017 we are unlikely to see Djokovic, Nadal and Murray still almost completely dominating the grand slams and masters 1000 series.

I think the French is going to be the hardest slam for the new players to break through at because they are predominantly attacking players while the major strength of Nadal, Djokovic and Murray is their defence and resilience.

I think Rio 2016 might be a real changing of the guard as both Williams and Roger will likely retire. I also have a sneaking suspicion that Rafa might not stick around too long after that either.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JB92 wrote: »
    Triple break! Big gain in ranking points for Halep due

She'll be number 2 if she wins I think. There's an outside chance she could be number 1 before the USOpen. Clearly has to win Wimbledon though.

I know it's a very small thing but Halep does d-f a fair few times when closing out matches.

Great point to finish, you go Simona:D
  • SanguiniusSanguinius Posts: 1,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Halep's movement on that match point... Ridiculous
  • benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Clear demonstration why the new young aggressive women are hot news at the BBC.
  • FMKKFMKK Posts: 32,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Sharapova is in the box for Murray=Dimitrov I'm sure that will attract criticism too. Yet it deserves criticism all the time, why are the Beed so obsessed with the bloody box. In the Petra match yesterday they were going there all the time, with no star power at all.

At least with Maria and Kim it will be eye-candy, yet I wish they'd stop it so much TBH.

Looking straight-forward for the best player in the draw now, as it should be.

Because celebs + royals > actual tennis in their minds. Not what the audience are there for though.

Anyone know what the ranking permutations are in the women's tournament? I know Bouchard would go top ten with a win today but you've got to think that Simona will close in on the no.1 spot if she wins the title and has a consistent summer on hard court.
  • KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    Well done, Simona. I'd love to see her win on Saturday. Her play is awesome and she seems so down-to-earth and professional.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well played Sabine for 5 games.

After that, oh dear.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fantastic win for Simona! Halep v Kvitova final is still on. She's very likeable as well.
  • Iqbal_MIqbal_M Posts: 4,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sabine:(:(:(:cry:cry::cry:.
  • Lisa.BLisa.B Posts: 57,273
    Forum Member
    Great point to finish, well done Simona. Please win it all now!

See you in 50 weeks Sabine... :blush::D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    [QUOTE=FMKK;73477664]Because celebs + royals > actual tennis in their minds. Not what the audience are there for though.

Anyone know what the ranking permutations are in the women's tournament? I know Bouchard would go top ten with a win today but you've got to think that Simona will close in on the no.1 spot if she wins the title and has a consistent summer on hard court.[/QUOTE]

Well my point was they were even obsessing with it when there were no Slebs or Royal parasites.
This discussion has been closed.