Xbox One Community chat

Comments

• Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The July preview has been out since late June, and has been updated a few times since then.

The final build for July hasn't gone public yet, but I doubt it will be long.
  • Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They need to fix the snap thing. A few times I've had the snap open to look at achievements mid-game and tried to close it again by pressing B and it's just gone back to dashboard or just gives the option to go full screen. Not something that'd bother me in SP but I was on Titanfall between matches and it was getting in the way when the next game started.
  • AkimboGeordieAkimboGeordie Posts: 296
    Forum Member
    If anyone does receive anymore random invites to the preview programme it's probably because I put everyone on my friends list forward for it around 2 weeks ago.
  • Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If anyone does receive anymore random invites to the preview programme it's probably because I put everyone on my friends list forward for it around 2 weeks ago.

Your not on my friends list I don't think? My GT is iQ71

I'm in the preview program but had no update to the July's beta :confused:

My OS version is 6.2.11064.0
    Forum Member

Yeh you on my list dude. My Xbox GT is I As7ro I

You are online right now I believe ! ;-)
  • gds1972gds1972 Posts: 6,613
    Forum Member

It's a holiday weekend in the US so that might possibly delay you getting the update, assuming you will be included in the July preview.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just downloaded the July beta :) unless it's out on general release to everybody today, in which case I just made a fool of myself lol.

If it wasn't for the Kinect turning everything on when I switch on the X1 and the TV control, I'd be tempted to unplug the Kinect from the system now.

I like the snapped achievements, I'm a bit of a trophy/achievement **** so this is right up my street. Nice feature.

Thanks to Akimbo for putting me forward for the preview program.
    Forum Member
    Just downloaded the July beta :) unless it's out on general release to everybody today, in which case I just made a fool of myself lol.

If it wasn't for the Kinect turning everything on when I switch on the X1 and the TV control, I'd be tempted to unplug the Kinect from the system now.

I like the snapped achievements, I'm a bit of a trophy/achievement **** so this is right up my street. Nice feature.

Thanks to Akimbo for putting me forward for the preview program.

Anytime .... It's nice to be nice ! :-)

I also had the update today mate so the July beta was just released.
  • brbbrb Posts: 27,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1 year timed exclusive DLC for PS systems for Destiny is too long imo. I don't mind time exclusives (although I think it's petty), but 1 year?!?!?!
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just downloaded the July beta :) unless it's out on general release to everybody today.

I also had the update today mate so the July beta was just released.

Major Nelson said on Monday evening (US time) that the public release of the July update would be rolling out "in the coming days" :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt D wrote: »
    Major Nelson said on Monday evening (US time) that the public release of the July update would be rolling out "in the coming days" :)

So I'm not special after all :(
  • GARETH197901GARETH197901 Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whoever added me to the preview program,you have my thanks
  • austino6austino6 Posts: 301
    Forum Member
    You guys do know since monday afternoon this update has been available?

Simply go to settings then system & the update icon will be lit up.
  • whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brb wrote: »
    1 year timed exclusive DLC for PS systems for Destiny is too long imo. I don't mind time exclusives (although I think it's petty), but 1 year?!?!?!

What's petty? Is better than full exclusive isn't it?
  • GARETH197901GARETH197901 Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeh you on my list dude. My Xbox GT is I As7ro I

You are online right now I believe ! ;-)

thats where i probably got my invite from too
  • Red ArrowRed Arrow Posts: 10,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

But after a year most people will have moved onto a different game. I do find it funny when you read the comments on the likes of Neogaf and Eurogamer when people moan that this is a practice MS has done for a long time with the likes of CoD. What they fail to mention is that the DLC is only exclusive for one month on CoD, not one year. That is a huge difference.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Red Arrow wrote: »
    But after a year most people will have moved onto a different game. I do find it funny when you read the comments on the likes of Neogaf and Eurogamer when people moan that this is a practice MS has done for a long time with the likes of CoD. What they fail to mention is that the DLC is only exclusive for one month on CoD, not one year. That is a huge difference.

Some game are 3/6 months. Some aren't even timed. It is no different.
  • JoystickJoystick Posts: 14,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To be honest I hate timed exclusive, exclusive DLC, Bonuses for pre-ordering, extra content for 1 console but not the other etc. I know it's business and they want to make money, but I just hate how its got to this.

I want to buy a game and have the same experience everyone else have who bought the game, like the good old days.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No. Full exclusives would never come to other consoles anyway. All timed-exclusive content does is deprive gamers who buy the game (for the same price, I hasten to add) on a different console. 1 month. Sure. 2 months? pushing it. But a year? Ridiculous. Activision should of said no. All it does is rip off gamers.

I'll still buy Destiny - I've been hyped for this for what feels like YEARS, but I'm disappointed already.

edit: Ah, I see you mean full exclusive DLC rather than games. Sure, it's better. But, then, falling off a 10 meter wall is better than falling off a 10.1 meter wall.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Woodbine wrote: »
    To be honest I hate timed exclusive, exclusive DLC, Bonuses for pre-ordering, extra content for 1 console but not the other etc. I know it's business and they want to make money, but I just hate how its got to this.

I want to buy a game and have the same experience everyone else have who bought the game, like the good old days.

I do just that, buy the game, play it and that's it, very rarely bother with any DLC, and no interest at all in timed stuff. If more people were like me there wouldn't be any of this going on lol.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do just that, buy the game, play it and that's it, very rarely bother with any DLC, and no interest at all in timed stuff. If more people were like me there wouldn't be any of this going on lol.

Bit different with Destiny, though. It's meant to be a huge 10 year campaign. Having 1 year timed exclusive on stuff is really going to make it less enjoyable for XBO players for a game like Destiny. It's the equivalent of WoW giving timed exclusive stuff to say, people playing on a mac or w/e.
  • JoystickJoystick Posts: 14,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't mind DLC that comes out in a few months time after the main game like GTA4 and Bioshock to name a couple, but I refuse to buy DLC that comes out at the same time as the game, it should be in the game in the first place imo.
  • Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Woodbine wrote: »
    I don't mind DLC that comes out in a few months time after the main game like GTA4 and Bioshock to name a couple, but I refuse to buy DLC that comes out at the same time as the game, it should be in the game in the first place imo.

Agreed. DLC isn't a bad concept when it's done right. Games like Fallout or TES or Borderlands do it right. Extra content, nothing to do with the main story in completely new areas. But a lot if what DLC means these days is micro transactions.

As for timed exclusive stuff, it a pain in the arse but it's the nature if the mutating beast that is gaming rivalry. But 1 year is ridiculous. Even though MS have the 1 year exclusive on Titanfall which I'm sure will come PS. It should be platform exclusive or not, not you get it for a year then you lot over there can have it too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brb wrote: »
    Bit different with Destiny, though. It's meant to be a huge 10 year campaign. Having 1 year timed exclusive on stuff is really going to make it less enjoyable for XBO players for a game like Destiny. It's the equivalent of WoW giving timed exclusive stuff to say, people playing on a mac or w/e.

It's not like wow, because destiny won't be cross play, will it? It makes no difference if PS players played it a year earlier. They aren't at a disadvantage.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not like wow, because destiny won't be cross play, will it? It makes no difference if PS players played it a year earlier. They aren't at a disadvantage.

My point was that a group of gamers will go without this content for an entire year. I'd say that's a pretty big thing. If the XBox versions were cheaper, sure, BUT they aren't. Even though Destiny is planning to be a 10 year campaign, how many will play for this long? I have a feeling not many.