Tulisa: The price of fame. BBC 3

Comments

• The GathererThe Gatherer Posts: 2,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    so are plenty of other programmes

None that are the title of this thread, or indeed on BBC3.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    coldoasis wrote: »
    Can't work her out.

One minute she looks half attractive

Next

Just a chav mess

She's a female........
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1Mickey wrote: »
    Sad so many women feel the need to put other women down really.

I agree, but these threads aren't entirely populated by women.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Telenaut wrote: »
    Surely to pay the price of fame, one has to be a benefactor of said fame? I didn't know who this person was until I saw her in the paper after it was revealed that she starred in a "special interest" movie, and then again when she was up in court on drugs charges.

I guess you've never heard of the X Factor, which is surprising as you are contributing to a TV thread and the X Factor is one of the most popular programmes on TV. Strange.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There was a documentary a few years ago where it showed Tulisa caring for her mentally ill mother when she was just a child. So the haters should cut her some slack.
  • 1Mickey1Mickey Posts: 10,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree, but these threads aren't entirely populated by women.

I didn't say it was only women. I just said its sad so many feel the need to bring other women down.
  • spikeyrobertospikeyroberto Posts: 766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She admitted to smoking weed..why is this ok?

The dramatic music and slow motion effects were used to make us have more sympathy towards her and how awful her life has been during the last year. I may have more respect for this programme if they had just shown it without all that.

Was that PA guy the one who said Simon Cowell is gay?
  • 1Mickey1Mickey Posts: 10,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She admitted to smoking weed..why is this ok?

The dramatic music and slow motion effects were used to make us have more sympathy towards her and how awful her life has been during the last year. I may have more respect for this programme if they had just shown it without all that.

Because its old news.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/s103/the-x-factor/news/a332752/tulisa-contostavlos-i-smoked-weed-had-sex-at-14.html#~oLmuQRPxoziE8F
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That is indeed Gareth Varey who made, and subsequently withdrew, the allegation.
  • rivercity_rulesrivercity_rules Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She came across very bitter I thought.

All this chat about the whole case being an entrapment and it wasn't fair, fact is, she did set up a drug deal.

Hard to feel sympathy when all she cared about was her already pretty much over, career, not the fact she's meant to have a bunch of young fans that she had let down by setting such a horrendous example.

Seeing her in the Sun's video, she didn't seem remotely dubious of the fact they were offering her a frankly ridiculous role, Bollywood crossover with Leonardo DiCaprio? She seemed fairly at ease with it all, as if "Why wouldn't Hollywood want me? Why wouldn't I win an Oscar?" sort of way.

Her ego clearly got ahead of her, she thought she was untouchable and getting this guy drugs would secure her role in a huge movie.

She got lucky that she got away with it on a technicality because whilst the case was thrown out because the Sheikh broke the law, it was quite clear that Tulisa also broke the law, and she got away with it.
  • johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There was a documentary a few years ago where it showed Tulisa caring for her mentally ill mother when she was just a child. So the haters should cut her some slack.

I'd cut her some slack if she showed some remorse and admitted she'd done wrong, instead of making excuse after excuse and blaming everyone but herself for her misfortune.

Oh, and I'm not a 'hater' - I dislike Tulisa, and think her attitude leaves a lot to be desired.
  • re_hashedre_hashed Posts: 178
    Forum Member
    I thought that it was ok actually - I wasn't expecting all that much, but as Tulisa is rather close to the top of my 'I wouldn't take her to meet my mother, but I definately would take her into the toilets if I met her in a club' list I was pleasantly surprised and pleased that I watched it.

Also it was nice to see her in a different situation, rather than kneeling down, whapping something against her cheek for 6 minutes :blush:
  • chopsimchopsim Posts: 3,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    re_hashed wrote: »
    I thought that it was ok actually - I wasn't expecting all that much, but as Tulisa is rather close to the top of my 'I wouldn't take her to meet my mother, but I definately would take her into the toilets if I met her in a club' list I was pleasantly surprised and pleased that I watched it.

Also it was nice to see her in a different situation, rather than kneeling down, whapping something against her cheek for 6 minutes :blush:

You made me smile.
  • FinalAnswer?FinalAnswer? Posts: 1,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Considering the size of her entourage how did none of them even think to google the name of the fake Shiekh?

"Oh, he's not on Imdb and Leo isn't signed up to any Bollywood movie...."
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All this chat about the whole case being an entrapment and it wasn't fair, fact is, she did set up a drug deal.
    So didn't Tulisa say there was no deal and when she was saying "I can get a deal..I can get sweets" it was her acting? Have I got this wrong?
    Considering the size of her entourage how did none of them even think to google the name of the fake Shiekh?
    "Oh, he's not on Imdb and Leo isn't signed up to any Bollywood movie...."
    Well in their defence it isn't always announced before a film is in pre-production who is starring in it surely? Not that I am saying it was ever sounding like a realistic proposition and clearly they should have realised,
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So didn't Tulisa say there was no deal and when she was saying "I can get a deal..I can get sweets" it was her acting? Have I got this wrong?

Well in their defence it isn't always announced before a film is in pre-production who is starring in it surely? Not that I am saying it was ever sounding like a realistic proposition and clearly they should have realised,

Leo thing I can agree with, but a producer who has apparently got Leo on board would definitely be on IMDB.
  • Shady_Pines1Shady_Pines1 Posts: 1,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The whole premise they presented to her was ludicrous, she must have been blinded by ego to fall for it and surrounded by quite low level "help" that they didn't pull her aside to tell her it was all bollix. That said, I think entrapment and setting people up is a crappy and cowardly thing to do, both parties are as bad as each other.

Tulisa was essentially famous for a season of X Factor and then quickly faded from public view, not dissimilar to the unsuccessful acts the programme throws up every year, but the level of fame you have for that short period of time is phenomenal so she probably was daft enough to believe her own hype and seek that level of fame back again.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    johartuk wrote: »
    I'd cut her some slack if she showed some remorse and admitted she'd done wrong, instead of making excuse after excuse and blaming everyone but herself for her misfortune.

Oh, and I'm not a 'hater' - I dislike Tulisa, and think her attitude leaves a lot to be desired.

Yeah sorry, I hate the word "hater" myself but at one o'clock in the morning I couldn't think of anything better!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She claimed that she was acting the "bad girl" because that's what she thought they wanted to hear. She said that when she got in the car with his driver that it all "switched off" and she became very anti-drugs.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She claimed that she was acting the "bad girl" because that's what she thought they wanted to hear. She said that when she got in the car with his driver that it all "switched off" and she became very anti-drugs.

Because drugs are clearly frequently shown in Bollywood films :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because drugs are clearly frequently shown in Bollywood films :D

Indeed :)

I'm surprised nobody has brought up the "HBO Sitcom" she was going to audition for at one point - I wonder what it was ?.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,852
    Forum Member
    toofast wrote: »
    What a pretentious girl. She loves playing the part of star for sure! Cringing to watch her.

Really? I thought it was the most honest side of her. If that was fake, she should have gone through with that audition..............
    Lou Kelly wrote: »
    Once a skank always a skank.

Is there any need for that?
    It amazes me how the majority of people on here watch a program about someone they clearly don't like just to insult them

This. Tulisa's taken enough battering already. She doesn't deserve any more.
  • i4ui4u Posts: 54,947
    Forum Member
    1Mickey wrote: »

Yet in interviews to promote this sham of a programme she said...
    I've never been involved in drugs....

Maybe the drugs have erased her memory?

Did they show her manager Jonathan Shalit or what her PR Simon Jones at work behind the scenes?

As you see she wasn't cast adrift she had a couple of big wealthy hitters sitting in the background who have the eyes and ears of reporters who might want an exclusive interview with one of their clients.

With those two behind her where were they when it came to this film deal, they have vast experience of the industry. The BBC should have had a health warning before this programme aired to explain how the programme came about and who made it.

I believe this was June last year at a resort somewhere.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Indeed :)

I'm surprised nobody has brought up the "HBO Sitcom" she was going to audition for at one point - I wonder what it was ?.

when she got to the agent she said I decided not to do the "easy" (her words) audition because I was so shakey. I couldn't help but think the truth was HBO didn't really want her?

I found the accent quite cringey but maybe that is just me?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    when she got to the agent she said I decided not to do the "easy" (her words) audition because I was so shakey. I couldn't help but think the truth was HBO didn't really want her?

I found the accent quite cringey but maybe that is just me?

That is if it was even HBO I suppose - I'm sure she said "like HBO" when referring to the company. I thought it might have been that new show "Selfie" that Karen Gillain has.

The accent was very cringey but it was actually better than some I've heard. with some work, I'd say it might just be passable