Options

I hope you're proud of yourself...

EbonyHamsterEbonyHamster Posts: 8,175
Forum Member
Are you? What was the last thing you did that made you proud of yourself?

Saw this on facebook and thought it was cool

http://i824.photobucket.com/albums/zz164/snowted/imagejpg1_zps07533b99.jpg

Comments

• Options
    EbonyHamsterEbonyHamster Posts: 8,175
    Forum Member
    For me, I'm proud of the weight I've lost, that ive got back on the wagon and stayed there and that I'm back to not giving a toss what others think of me
  • Options
    swehsweh Posts: 13,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I only hit that snooze button twice this morning! I'm so proud, you don't even understand. This is a big deal to me.
  • Options
    gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm proud of the fact that I didn't buy the salt and pepper Sui Mia with the squid last night from the chippy
  • Options
    ian_charlesian_charles Posts: 578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

4% interest. ..I'd be proud of that.
  • Options
    Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If I do a challenging sudoku and manage to complete it :)
  • Options
    Frankie_LittleFrankie_Little Posts: 9,271
    Forum Member
    I've got a friend who posts those inspirational quotes every single day on Facebook. I find it a bit cloying.

But to answer the question, I'm proud of my friends and family, of course, but I'm most proud of my little dog who is exceedingly well-behaved after a stay in Dog Borstal.
  • Options
    80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've got a friend who posts those inspirational quotes every single day on Facebook. I find it a bit cloying.

They are very American and stomach-churningly cringeworthy :D
  • Options
    CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mummy only used to say that when I'd done something on the carpet I shouldn't
  • Options
    Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I managed to watch five minutes of a show featuring Sarah Millican without taking a sledge hammer to the television screen. First time I've managed it.
  • Options
    TrollHunterTrollHunter Posts: 12,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Those trite inspirational or motivational quotes clog up my FB newsfeed. I hate them with a passion.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    I'm proud I don't have friends and family members who post those cliche driven scribes of barf.
  • Options
    queenshaksqueenshaks Posts: 10,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Those trite inspirational or motivational quotes clog up my FB newsfeed. I hate them with a passion.

I am proud that I haven't posted any - today as yet!:blush::blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sootysoo wrote: »
    I'm proud I don't have friends and family members who post those cliche driven scribes of barf.

Our truest life is when we are in our dreams awake
  • Options
    Frankie_LittleFrankie_Little Posts: 9,271
    Forum Member
    Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for much, but bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.
  • Options
    RAINBOWGIRL22RAINBOWGIRL22 Posts: 24,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Currently super proud of my little boy. He's been a bit late talking but is picking up words so quickly now!

Love hearing his little voice :)
  • Options
    PrincessTTPrincessTT Posts: 4,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm proud of my daughter because she can now write her full name including middle name... Which in turn makes me proud of myself for making & raising such an amazing child.

I'm also proud of myself for rising above other people's negativity and making my (somewhat dysfunctional) little family work.
  • Options
    gasheadgashead Posts: 13,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm proud that I don't have to rely on anyone else's Hallmark bullshit to tell me when I can feel proud. :)
  • Options
    dekafdekaf Posts: 8,398
    Forum Member

:D - So do I. I am actually shocked by some of the people that seem to like them. Utter schmaltz.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm proud that I managed to finish an app prototype yesterday using MVC in PHP. Never really did MVC before.

I've learned, me. :D
  • Options
    FilliAFilliA Posts: 864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For me, I'm proud of the weight I've lost, that ive got back on the wagon and stayed there and that I'm back to not giving a toss what others think of me

When you say back on the wagon, do you mean you had a drink problem or do you mean your calorie counting?
  • Options
    TrollHunterTrollHunter Posts: 12,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for much, but bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

Brilliant - I'm stealing that as my next FB status update :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gashead wrote: »
    I'm proud that I don't have to rely on anyone else's Hallmark bullshit to tell me when I can feel proud. :)

Years teach us more than books.

;-) :D
  • Options
    Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member

Isn't that an artsy-fartsy way of describing what's more commonly known as "Process Pride" and considered to be one of the most petty, self-indulgent, jobsworth attitudes on the planet?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 38
    Forum Member

This is one of the reasons I left FB around 18 months ago,complete and utter twaddle. Imagine standing at work or in a pub slevering this kinda guff,you would be given a wide berth by everyone.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing wrong with stepping back now and then and giving yourself a pat on the back. If I didn't do it, nobody else will. Keeps up morale.