Options

Ruthie

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 433
Forum Member
Is there really any point at all in her being on the panel??

Comments

• Options
    Julie JJulie J Posts: 1,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was wondering the same thing watching her tonight. Nicky's entitled to give whatever mark he wants and what's it got to do with her :|
  • Options
    matchmakermatchmaker Posts: 1,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's turning into a right cow :mad:
  • Options
    fondantfancyfondantfancy Posts: 3,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder when Ruthie competed in the Winter Olympics?

:mad:
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    She needs to get over herself and focus on her own scores
  • Options
    DrifterDrifter Posts: 12,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't like her, but how can you say she didn't have a point? The marks tonight have been very strange, and Nicky's 4.5 for Coleen was the weirdest! His explanation didn't explain anything, either. It's just slightly embarrassing.
  • Options
    bobblabobbla Posts: 11,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    matchmaker wrote: »
    She's turning into a right cow :mad:

She has been since she joined the panel. To think she used to be one of my idols :eek: :o

Just goes to show that liking someones talent tells you nothing about what kind of person they are.

She one of the most sanctimonious idiots i've ever seen on tv. Give me Jasons crass comments any day over her self righteous ones.
  • Options
    jenda57jenda57 Posts: 606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think she wants to be the queen of mean this season. Didn't like her on the last series and she never gives anything constructive!
  • Options
    yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member
    I agree with Drifter, Ruthie was right, how can Nicky give Coleen a 4.5, it's just a joke, she was the worst tonight IMO. Ray deserved his 5, he was brilliant. Nicky is embarrassing himself.
  • Options
    Cookies&CreamCookies&Cream Posts: 189
    Forum Member
    I do wish she would get over herself! What a cow she was to Nicky:mad:
  • Options
    kewlcoolkewlcool Posts: 503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shes hot and telling the truth.No way was ray only slightly better than Coleen. Come On?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I did like Coleen, but yeah it was a stupid mark considering Ray was half a point higher. But it's not just Nicky tonight, Karen's have been strange at times, and then there's Ruthie and Jason. Only Robin is fair and normal!

And what's gonig on with the camera work tonight? Dire, especially for Michael's performance. It's like everyone is f*cked on drugs.
  • Options
    jabegyjabegy Posts: 6,201
    Forum Member
    Drifter wrote: »
    I don't like her, but how can you say she didn't have a point? The marks tonight have been very strange, and Nicky's 4.5 for Coleen was the weirdest! His explanation didn't explain anything, either. It's just slightly embarrassing.

I think he's overmarking to compensate for the two sitting on his left !!!
  • Options
    lea27lea27 Posts: 11,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kewlcool wrote: »
    Shes hot and telling the truth.No way was ray only slightly better than Coleen. Come On?
    I did like Coleen, but yeah it was a stupid mark considering Ray was half a point higher. But it's not just Nicky tonight, Karen's have been strange at times, and then there's Ruthie and Jason. Only Robin is fair and normal!

And what's gonig on with the camera work tonight? Dire, especially for Michael's performance. It's like everyone is f*cked on drugs.

But as Nicky pointed out he was only going on the advice of chief judge Robin who probably told him dont give him a six in the third week!!
  • Options
    Cookies&CreamCookies&Cream Posts: 189
    Forum Member
    kewlcool wrote: »

Hot? Yes that a good reason to agree with her... shallow much?:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jabegy wrote: »
    I think he's overmarking to compensate for the two sitting on his left !!!

Yeah but wasn't Coleen one of the highest marks he gave?!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think she had a point (I was thinking Nicky's comments were rather high), but raising the comments in the way she just came across as a bit unprofessional, especially since it detracted from the performance of the other skaters (i.e. she should have been discussing Ray's performance, not Nicky's marking). I suspect that Jason was of the same opinion as Ruthie, but this time he behaved professionally.

Personally I'd rather have Nicky with his slightly inconsistent marking than Ruthie, whom I just don't like.
  • Options
    Julie JJulie J Posts: 1,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She wants to look at her own marking giving Zoe a 4.0 for that stumble :|
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lol and to prove the point about marks tonight, now Ruthie and Jason are suddenly and utterly randomly higher than everyone else!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lea27 wrote: »
    But as Nicky pointed out he was only going on the advice of chief judge Robin who probably told him dont give him a six in the third week!!

That's fair enough I guess, but it's still peculiar to be so close to Coleen and for Coleen to be one of his highest marks, if not the second highest after Ray, can't remember now.
    I think she had a point (I was thinking Nicky's comments were rather high), but raising the comments in the way she did just came across as a bit unprofessional, especially since it detracted from the performance of the other skaters (i.e. she should have been discussing Ray's performance, not Nicky's marking). I suspect that Jason was of the same opinion as Ruthie, but this time he behaved professionally.

Personally I'd rather have Nicky with his slightly inconsistent marking than Ruthie, whom I just don't like.

Well I agree, she does come across as a bit rude and unprofessional and she's so damn annoying that yes, I would prefer Nicky any day. I've never liked her. It's just I don't think she should be criticised for making a point no doubt a lot of us were curious about. Just perhaps not in that way.
  • Options
    bobblabobbla Posts: 11,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ha ha she may have had a point about Nickys score for Coleen but shes made herself look like even more of a numpty now after giving Zoe a 4.0.
  • Options
    GlinnyGlinny Posts: 4,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Get her back to the West End and Broadway! :mad::mad::mad:
  • Options
    *Wysiwyg**Wysiwyg* Posts: 638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Totally agree with this.

Nicky's marking is poor. There was a big gap in the abilities of some skaters but Nicky's marks are only 0.5 apart.:mad:

He's lost all credibility as a 'judge'.

Ruthie was right to point this out but she could have done it in a more appropriate manner.
  • Options
    CaroUKCaroUK Posts: 6,354
    Forum Member
    Ruthie needs to practice what she preaches.

She had a pop at Nicky for overmarking Coleen (and he explained that he had given her 4.5 because of her obvious enjoyment in her performance) - then went and overmarked Zoe - because of her performance.

The judges can award whatever marks they like for whatever reason they like - and if they disagree they should discuss it between themselves off air.

What she did last night was totally unprofessional and showed clearly why she should not be a judge in a show dealing with a subject she has absolutely NO expertise in!
  • Options
    MACTOWINMACTOWIN Posts: 34,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *Wysiwyg* wrote: »
    Totally agree with this.

Nicky's marking is poor. There was a big gap in the abilities of some skaters but Nicky's marks are only 0.5 apart.:mad:

He's lost all credibility as a 'judge'.

Ruthie was right to point this out but she could have done it in a more appropriate manner.

Agreed after last night Ruthie made him look like a fool which last night he was.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,369
    Forum Member
    She had a point about Nicky's scores. But then totally contradicted herself by giving Zoe a 4 and saying she "didn't care" about the stumble.

She made herself look a fool.

Jason gives low scores because he believes that's what they deserve and tells them so, in not so polite terms. I often feel Ruthie gives low scores so that they'll go to her and she gets more airtime.

She is pointless and very annoying. And I too used to really like her before she became a judge.