• Options
    GreeboGreebo Posts: 1,418
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BayTVLiverpool has just renamed in the service table to "Made In Liverpool"
  • Options
    stuharris63stuharris63 Posts: 216
    Forum Member
    It appears that Big Centre TV is closing down on Friday Night (apart from when it shows Hochanda) and will become Made In Birmingham on Thursday 10th November at 7pm.
  • Options
    Toxteth O'GradyToxteth O'Grady Posts: 8,497
    Forum Member
    It appears that Big Centre TV is closing down on Friday Night (apart from when it shows Hochanda) and will become Made In Birmingham on Thursday 10th November at 7pm.
    Made in Birmingham opens tonight (8th November) at 6pm
    (for some reason their EPG synopsis said the 10th, so maybe it was brought forward)
  • Options
    mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Made in Birmingham opens tonight (8th November) at 6pm
    (for some reason their EPG synopsis said the 10th, so maybe it was brought forward)

Big Centre TV acquired by Made Television:

http://www.expressandstar.com/business/2016/10/04/big-centre-to-become-made-in-birmingham/
  • Options
    RadiomikeRadiomike Posts: 7,952
    Forum Member
    Not sure when it happened but the local multiplex on the Bilsdale transmitter (Ch 24) is now active broadcasting True Crime, True Movies and Kix. It is intended to be the home for the Made in Teesside local tv channel although no test transmission as yet or indication as to when any launch is anticipated so far as I am aware.
  • Options
    anthony davidanthony david Posts: 14,511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I noticed today that That's Manchester is now showing Talking Pictures, the EPG shows that local programmes are still being transmitted but they seem few and far between. Not sure when the change took place. It will enable people in their service area with SD DVBT only receivers to watch most of Talking Pictures programming should they wish to do so.
  • Options
    ozsatozsat Posts: 5,745
    Forum Member
    Since 2nd Jan - all That's channels carry Talking Pictures from 12pm to 6pm daily.

Latest TV (Brighton), Bay TV (Swansea) and NVTV (Belfast) all carry Talking Pictures programme at different times.
    I noticed today that That's Manchester is now showing Talking Pictures, the EPG shows that local programmes are still being transmitted but they seem few and far between. Not sure when the change took place. It will enable people in their service area with SD DVBT only receivers to watch most of Talking Pictures programming should they wish to do so.
  • Options
    anthony davidanthony david Posts: 14,511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ozsat wrote: »
    Since 2nd Jan - all That's channels carry Talking Pictures from 12pm to 6pm daily.

Latest TV (Brighton), Bay TV (Swansea) and NVTV (Belfast) all carry Talking Pictures programme at different times.

Thanks for that, it took a while for the EPG to populate on that channel but as you say their own programmes are on after 6pm. Picture quality at the moment is sightly better on ch 81, not that it is that wonderful on either of them.
  • Options
    AngusMastAngusMast Posts: 5,153
    Forum Member
    Engineering work planned for Angus this week. Looks like the local mux is on it's way. STV2 Dundee must launch by 2nd March.

http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/operations/planned_engineering_works
  • Options
    Forum Member
  • Options
    hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can not pick up Made In Tyne and Wear on Freeview, Can by Sky but it looks crap anyway.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    STV2 will be showing Irish soap "Fair City"

http://stvcommercial.tv/blog/detail/coming_soon_stv2 (see video promo)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Made in Teesside is due to launch on Thursday this week 30 March but has yet to appear on the Bilsdale local MUX. I had expected a test transmission by now promoting the launch.

No schedules yet on their website. The only local programmes advertised there appear to be Teesside News and The Lowdown Teesside suggesting that it may simply be a localised version of Made in Tyne & Wear. Not even sure where its studio is (will it actually be based at the Tyne & Wear studio I wonder). No doubt all will become clear this week...
  • Options
    NewApolloNewApollo Posts: 71
    Forum Member
    Looking at the schedule on their website, it looks like programs on Made In Teesside start at 6pm on March 30th, however cannot find anything testing in Add Channels on Sky box
  • Options
    jj20xjj20x Posts: 2,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    edited 27/03/17 - 18:52 #191
    NewApollo wrote: »
    Looking at the schedule on their website, it looks like programs on Made In Teesside start at 6pm on March 30th, however cannot find anything testing in Add Channels on Sky box

According to the Made Television website, Made in Teesside and Made in North Wales are not available on Sky.

https://www.madetelevision.tv/tune-us-in/
  • Options
    omnidirectionalomnidirectional Posts: 18,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They might become available on Sky a few months after the launch, as per Birmingham and Liverpool
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Made in Teesside has this morning appeared on Freeview Channel 7 from the Bilsdale Local MUX. Currently running looped preview trailers ahead of launch at 6pm on Thursday. Just advertising as on Freeview and Virgin at the moment.
  • Options
    PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Browsing through the existing "Made" channels, right now they're all showing the movie "Pot Of Gold", but Birmingham is running it half an hour behind the others for whatever reason. Have they effectively started 'networking' some programmes now?
  • Options
    omnidirectionalomnidirectional Posts: 18,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    edited 28/03/17 - 17:07 #195
    PhilH36 wrote: »
    Browsing through the existing "Made" channels, right now they're all showing the movie "Pot Of Gold", but Birmingham is running it half an hour behind the others for whatever reason. Have they effectively started 'networking' some programmes now?

The afternoon movies and property programmes taken from Channel 4 are often on several (or all) Made channels at the same time. They share quite a lot of other programmes too but the days and times can be completely different.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The local multiplex on Angus C48 has been powered up.

My receiver is showing signal quality (very good), but not discovering any channels yet
  • Options
    daniel9000daniel9000 Posts: 68
    Forum Member
    I have some news about made in teeside. I emailed the company and I have had a email back. Due to the way sky have done the regions there is only one slot that covers Tyne & wear & teeside. They have explained as the local channel made in Tyne & wear launched first they got the slot. So there you have it made in teeside will always be unavailable on sky because of this reason. So it's freeview and virgin only and unfortunately no way to change it unless sky change the way they do regions which is unlikely. The impression I got is they don't expect it to ever go on sky but the reason above is what's currently blocking it.
  • Options
    Forum Member

daniel9000 wrote: »
    I have some news about made in teeside. I emailed the company and I have had a email back. Due to the way sky have done the regions there is only one slot that covers Tyne & wear & teeside. They have explained as the local channel made in Tyne & wear launched first they got the slot. So there you have it made in teeside will always be unavailable on sky because of this reason. So it's freeview and virgin only and unfortunately no way to change it unless sky change the way they do regions which is unlikely. The impression I got is they don't expect it to ever go on sky but the reason above is what's currently blocking it.

Why can't Made in Teeside be put on Sky 168?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I obviously only passed on what was said in the email. Only thing I can think is they don't want to pay for two slots in the region.

Exact words where made in Tyne and wear got the slot because it launched first.

Unfortunately it looks like on sky its a non starter.

The only other thing it could be is a prominence issue because there meant to be high up on the EPG.
  • Options
    jj20xjj20x Posts: 2,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    daniel9000 wrote: »
    Exact words where made in Tyne and wear got the slot because it launched first.

Unfortunately it looks like on sky its a non starter.

Sky has previously carried the, now discontinued, ITV Tyne Tees South news opt out, so it shouldn't be that difficult to use that region for Made in Teesside. It closely matched the Bilsdale transmitter area, so should be suitable a for local tv channel.

Made in North Wales is more of a problem, Wales has multiple local tv channels but only one region exists for encryption on Sky.

It is interesting to note that Made in North Wales claims that it will be available on Freeview and Virgin Media. Interesting because VM only covers the Cardiff and Swansea regions of Wales and doesn't cover North Wales. There seems to be some confusion at Made Television.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Obviously I would have liked to see it on sky but it don't look like there going to do it. I basically told you what I was told by made. As the saying goes don't shoot the messenger.