Options

Capital FM Network (Part 2)

Comments

• Options
    rmclootrmcloot Posts: 81
    Forum Member
    When did Capital Scotland start doing an extra local show on Saturday mornings 5 - 8?
    Is there any particular reason why this extra local show has been added?
  • Options
    NewbieBen12NewbieBen12 Posts: 455
    Forum Member
    Marvin Humes doing 7 days a week. Obviously some voice-tracked. Overkill.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 416
    Forum Member
    Marvin Humes doing 7 days a week. Obviously some voice-tracked. Overkill.

Worst thing about it though is that he is awful compared to who he replaced, the listeners and excitement from the JLS fans is going to die really fast because of how often he is actually used.
  • Options
    MusicmasterproxMusicmasterprox Posts: 959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rmcloot wrote: »
    When did Capital Scotland start doing an extra local show on Saturday mornings 5 - 8?
    Is there any particular reason why this extra local show has been added?

Isn't anything to do with the fact that their 8am show is recorded? or that they require to do an extra 3 hours on a Saturday morning. (Mash originally covering the 2-5am slot before July 2012?
  • Options
    smurfs5smurfs5 Posts: 580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's definitely overkill. The novelty will soon subside- they should have just kept him on weekends. Has anyone discovered why James Barr left ? He was the best presenter on Capital and they let him go and looking at his Twitter, it doesn't seem like he's up to much.
  • Options
    rmclootrmcloot Posts: 81
    Forum Member
    Isn't anything to do with the fact that their 8am show is recorded? or that they require to do an extra 3 hours on a Saturday morning. (Mash originally covering the 2-5am slot before July 2012?

According to their public file 8 hours needs to be local across the weekend so this extra local show makes it 11 hours unless the pre-recorded Saturday Breakfast isn't counted which then makes it 7 hours, 1 hour short of the required amount.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rmcloot wrote: »
    According to their public file 8 hours needs to be local across the weekend so this extra local show makes it 11 hours unless the pre-recorded Saturday Breakfast isn't counted which then makes it 7 hours, 1 hour short of the required amount.

Could be that. It does explain why it does only happen on a Saturday rather than over the two days.
  • Options
    simon243simon243 Posts: 3,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If the output is broadcast from within a station's TSA it's irrelevant whether it's live or prerecorded. It still counts as local.
  • Options
    Liam_CLiam_C Posts: 105
    Forum Member
    Not sure if it's the same across the network, but early breakfast on south coast was definitely local this morning. Anybody know why or who?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Liam_C wrote: »
    Not sure if it's the same across the network, but early breakfast on south coast was definitely local this morning. Anybody know why or who?

A local radio student is doing a week long stint to present early breakfast in the South Coast. Also done in the North East last month.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Liam_C wrote: »

Could have been a student from a PureFM (Portsmouth Uni's Student Radio Station) - They used to do a competition to win a weeks worth of presenting on Capital. That's where Christian Williams came from.
  • Options
    -ajm--ajm- Posts: 5,879
    Forum Member
    Who's currently on the network?

We've got someone called Glen? Not sure if local or not.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 486
    Forum Member
    -ajm- wrote: »
    Who's currently on the network?

We've got someone called Glen? Not sure if local or not.

Glen Scott's doing the 2am to 6am slot local on Capital South Coast this week. Ant Payne's doing the rest of the network like normal.
  • Options
    Liam_CLiam_C Posts: 105
    Forum Member
    If this is his first time on a 'proper' radio station i think he's doing well, however he clearly doesn't want to crash the end of songs and there's been one or 2 seconds of silence... Makes you realise how slick the more experienced radio presenters are.
  • Options
    HitmusicHitmusic Posts: 2,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Example is to present his own show across capital 7-10pm Saturdays from 15th Feb.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Max Ahktar now presenting Mon-Thurs 10pm-1am in addition to her Sunday 7-10pm show.
  • Options
    HitmusicHitmusic Posts: 2,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For those James Barr fans....He starts on heat radio this Friday at 4pm!
  • Options
    steve wsteve w Posts: 139
    Forum Member
    Max Ahktar now presenting Mon-Thurs 10pm-1am in addition to her Sunday 7-10pm show.

Oh come on surely not! :o Her current show on Sunday night already makes Capital a no-go Zone it's AWFUL! She sounds like an over-excited teenager shrieking and squealing having met a famous celebrity (especially bad when the guest is 'The Saturdays') endlessly gushing over how great they are asking inane questions such as 'Whats your favourite colour underwear', 'Who do you fancy out of x' - all important stuff to 12yo's I'm sure!

Surely there must be someone less annoying to present in that slot who isn't more suited to CBeebies radio!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    steve w wrote: »
    Oh come on surely not! :o Her current show on Sunday night already makes Capital a no-go Zone it's AWFUL! She sounds like an over-excited teenager shrieking and squealing having met a famous celebrity (especially bad when the guest is 'The Saturdays') endlessly gushing over how great they are asking inane questions such as 'Whats your favourite colour underwear', 'Who do you fancy out of x' - all important stuff to 12yo's I'm sure!

Surely there must be someone less annoying to present in that slot who isn't more suited to CBeebies radio!

Agreed. Sorry, but I cannot stand her. She doesn't present, she shouts. No more listening between 10-1 now.

And I notice Christian on the 4-6, while Ant Payne is 7-10 in for Marvin this week?
  • Options
    dpbdpb Posts: 12,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Notice on Capital Birmingham's schedule they broadcast Afrobeats this morning from 1-3am, can't see it on any of the other schedules - Afrobeats is also on Capital Xtra on Saturday nights from 11, don't know if it's the same or a repackaged show.
  • Options
    chipmanchipman Posts: 253
    Forum Member
    Is Max going to be just 'playing the hits' or gabbling through interviews each night at 10pm?

Capital are top of the pile in London and now doing fairly solidly the whole way through daytime...I would hate to see that collapse. Paul Easton's graphs show the mix shows from Marvin, Christian, etc performing well; hence why Example has been drafted in.
  • Options
    JordyDJordyD Posts: 4,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chipman wrote: »
    Is Max going to be just 'playing the hits' or gabbling through interviews each night at 10pm?

Capital are top of the pile in London and now doing fairly solidly the whole way through daytime...I would hate to see that collapse. Paul Easton's graphs show the mix shows from Marvin, Christian, etc performing well; hence why Example has been drafted in.

It's great they've bough e.g. in to DJ, how's he doing?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dpb wrote: »
    Notice on Capital Birmingham's schedule they broadcast Afrobeats this morning from 1-3am, can't see it on any of the other schedules - Afrobeats is also on Capital Xtra on Saturday nights from 11, don't know if it's the same or a repackaged show.

It's so that Global can keep themselves within Ofcom's good books, as they have to supply a certain amount of urban music on Capital Birmingham.
  • Options
    RidgiemanRidgieman Posts: 1,159
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed. Sorry, but I cannot stand her. She doesn't present, she shouts. No more listening between 10-1 now.

And I notice Christian on the 4-6, while Ant Payne is 7-10 in for Marvin this week?

And it looks like this week Will Cousins is on 1-4am, must be a bit of a let down for him.
  • Options
    CS73CS73 Posts: 350
    Forum Member
    Ridgieman wrote: »
    And it looks like this week Will Cousins is on 1-4am, must be a bit of a let down for him.

Never really liked him as a Capital presenter anyway. I find him too boring to listen to.
    I don't think Max should have got his slot though, Christian Williams would have been a much better choice. He, in my opinion, is the best male presenter on the station by far!