Assassin's Creed Rogue

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fixing computers obviously got the idea from watchdogs for gods sake why can't they keep things focused on the story of the assassins v templars. I really don't want to be running around fixing bloody computers for half the game.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like the modern story myself, it adds to the overall universe, my only gripe would be not being able to skip the modern parts on repeat playthroughs, it is a little annoying when you are trying to 100% singleplayer and then you have to walk down a few corridors in modern times again
  • SaddlerSteveSaddlerSteve Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Liking the new trailer with the appearances of Achilles, Haytham and Adewale! :D
  • Naa_KwaKaiNaa_KwaKai Posts: 1,883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thomas2400 wrote: »
    The trophy list for Rogue (if its real) mentions modern day parts, so I'm bringing one of you guys good news :D

I think it's because the modern day is very linear and so it feels like playing a movie rather than a game. What would be awesome is if they
    made the modern day as rich and dynamic and fully realised as say GTA 5 or Watchdogs. Can you imagine switching between proper missions in ancient Japan and modern day Chicago? It would be so awesome. I think considering all the little eater eggs in Watchdogs that may be he future...
  • MC_SatanMC_Satan Posts: 26,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I, for one, would never buy a Modern/Future AC. Jumping the shark springs to mind.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MC_Satan wrote: »
    I, for one, would never buy a Modern/Future AC. Jumping the shark springs to mind.

I thought they'd already ruled modern day or even as far as WW2 out because the weapons technology would ruin the game dynamics?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought they'd already ruled modern day or even as far as WW2 out because the weapons technology would ruin the game dynamics?

Phew. I'm glad of that!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting reading the eurogamer article on this in depth on why it's more than the usual ubisoft cash in. I'm quite excited to pick this up after reading some of the improvements made.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bob2005 wrote: »
    Interesting reading the eurogamer article on this in depth on why it's more than the usual ubisoft cash in. I'm quite excited to pick this up after reading some of the improvements made.

That is an interesting article. I'm sort of more excited about this than Unity. Sounds like lots of good boat action!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep all I've seen of unity is the co-op missions which is nice but I want to see more of the actual story. I personally love the boating combat I know a lot of people hate it but I love it upgrading your ship and taking into combat sounds right up my street.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With all the attention on Unity at the moment has anyone actually got this and been playing?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With all the attention on Unity at the moment has anyone actually got this and been playing?

Yes and its great, really ties the story of AC3 and 4 together and shows you want happened between Edwards and Adewele joining the brotherhood to the start of AC3 when Achillies isn't willing to train Connor

The story is really interesting because it isn't as cut and dry as it would seem, sure you play as a Templar like the trailers show but whether or not you are the bad guy is kind out left open to interpretation

The gameplay is just Assassin's Creed 4 with a few new additions, extra ship weapons, Instead of Assassination missions where you kill people there are Interception missions where you kill the assassin's and save the victim, there's the usual collectibles that lead to new armours, there is a economy system like other AC games where you renovate buildings for more cash and a bigger bank and plenty more

Overall its a good game but its a shame that the side stuff while fun (I doing it now and enjoying it) is utterly pointless once you realise that you can finish the game with a few ship upgrades meaning that only reason to do all the side missions/collectibles is to earn money you don't need, luckily like I said the story is good enough to make this a worthy purchase just make sure you like Black Flag first
  • gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

yes and not really
  • Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I got it and it's quite good. Kind of Black Flag lite. Had a look through the achievement list and it looks quite short, not many sequence Cheevos.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are there a lot of modern bits?
    Also is it as ship orientated as BF? That would be excellent and almost make up for any modern bits.
  • Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are there a lot of modern bits?
    Also is it as ship orientated as BF? That would be excellent and almost make up for any modern bits.

Same set up as BF. You are an Absterfo Animis operator and the modern bits are the same as BF so far. Go to his terminal, hack it, rinse and repeat. Only on sequence 2 but already found some references to Unity.
    As for the ships, again the same. Lots if small islands and a few large ones. Ship to ship combat is largely the same but with burning oil rather than fire barrels (which I found useless in BF) and the Swivel Guns replaced by the Pickle Gun (a kind of multi shot automatic weapon). The forts are all friendly at the moment but I expect that change once I switch teams.
  • Lisa.BLisa.B Posts: 57,275
    Forum Member
    Been playing my way through this. The stalker novelty wore off very quickly, so annoying. "Death from above!" How about "stab in the neck" instead!
  • grantholmesgrantholmes Posts: 237
    Forum Member
    Why Isint the Greenwich Assassin Interception coming up on my map its the last one I have to do
  • grantholmesgrantholmes Posts: 237
    Forum Member
    Why Isint the Greenwich Assassin Interception coming up on my map its the last one I have to do

its ok I have it now I went in to the bar to get info and then when I went out it came up
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is it worth paying the full retail price for this game or is it one to wait for? I'm about to upgrade to an Xbox one so this game is going to be my last 360 purchase (unless i see some mad offers). Don't know if I'm just being tight for holding off.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ruthus wrote: »
    Is it worth paying the full retail price for this game or is it one to wait for? I'm about to upgrade to an Xbox one so this game is going to be my last 360 purchase (unless i see some mad offers). Don't know if I'm just being tight for holding off.

Personally I've just bought a One myself and still have my 360. I want to play Rogue but i've already got Unity on the One so am going to wait until ive completed that.... unless someone buys me Rogue for Xmas.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got this for 25 quid in asda. First mission is very black flag. It is very pretty but looks obviously last gen. Wish it would get an upgrade!
  • Will_BennettsWill_Bennetts Posts: 3,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I started playing this today so far IMO the naval stuff is much improved from black flag . I don't really like the computer hacking stuff if someone could explain that'd be cool
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got this for 25 quid in asda. First mission is very black flag. It is very pretty but looks obviously last gen. Wish it would get an upgrade!

Was round a mates over the weekend who has got Rogue.

Played through the first few memories in Sequence 1.
    I agree it does look obviously last gen, especially after playing Unity on the One.

It's very much a mashup of AC:3 and AC:4 which I suppose is to be expected as it's set between those games. Was interesting to see the Homestead again but a bit weird seeing an older grey Adewale and a younger more hip looking Achilles! :D
  • SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know i'm bumping an old thread but I got this the other day and am loving it so far. I'm really happy that it started the way it did so we can see what happened before he switched sides, although I haven't hit that point yet.