Cheryl thought she was going to die

Comments

• Harry RedknappHarry Redknapp Posts: 4,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    did you have to go for follow up outpatient appointments,bellagio? did you get told what you can and can't eat.
    I don't think she's outright lying but repeating what she heard? I suppose Malaria affects people in different ways but thats quite alot of complications and then be able to go on a 1 month holiday...
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Unigal07 wrote: »
    What a load of crap. I don't believe for one second she was that close to death. No way. Another elaborate exaggeration to get her as much sympathy and press as possible. This is the girl who admitted her aim was always to "live life in the public eye". Not be a popstar - just be famous for being famous :rolleyes:

I think what she had was *celebrity* malaria: It has a much speedier recovery time but the (PR) symptoms are 100 times worse than non-celebrity malaria.

She nearly died and had organ failure?? I nearly died from severe eye rolling while reading that interview.
  • BellagioBellagio Posts: 3,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    did you have to go for follow up outpatient appointments,bellagio? did you get told what you can and can't eat.
    I don't think she's outright lying but repeating what she heard? I suppose Malaria affects people in different ways but thats quite alot of complications and then be able to go on a 1 month holiday...

Sure - regular outpatients, a diet sheet that said basically "if you enjoy it, you can't eat it" (:D) and pretty dire warnings as to what would happen if I didn't stick to it. I was a silly boy, and it happened again. And that was just my kidneys - liver and blood oxygenation were fine, and I still felt like crap.

BTW, this "I never once thought of malaria" bit - 'scuse me love, you've been to a known malarial area, you got bitten by a mosquito (I'm assuming she noticed, of course) and shortly thereafter you felt horrible... but the word 'malaria' didn't cross your mind ? :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thought so. I know she had a nurse at home for a few days but I think the hospital would have liked to have examine her again a few times more to see how she was getting on.. you know because her kidney and liver packed in and to see if there was any lasting damage.. instead Cheryl goes on a month long holiday and then goes back straight to work.
  • LewnaticcLewnaticc Posts: 3,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bellagio wrote: »
    I don't doubt for a moment that you had a horrible time, and sorry if I gave that impression, but what you've just said confirms what I thought - even assuming she was in any state to ask questions (which, if you accept her statement, like you she wouldn't), she wouldn't be told bluntly, "there's a possibility you might die". And I'm sure you didn't bounce back to being able to make a 10-hour flight a few weeks later. I've been hospitalised more than once for renal faliure, and I was on my knees for weeks afterwards.

I didn't get that impression, don't worry ;).
    I definitely agree with you, they wouldn't have told her she was a "possibility you might die." And if she was that close to death, a 10-hour flight a few weeks later would have been near impossible for her body to take. I came out of hospital after 10 days, spent three weeks in bed recovering (at which point I was still taking a load of tablets), decided to go back to college on monday for one full day and completely rellapsed because I had still not yet fully recovered.
    I don't deny that Cheryl would have been very ill but I think much of the truth has been made up and bent, not necessarily by her.
  • maureensmaureens Posts: 13,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bridgetb wrote: »
    What time is this pile of dross on tonight? I must remember to go out...

:yawn:

There is no way that shite will be on my TV tonight!!!! im sick to the back teeth of this cretin now, sod off and let the poor US have you, and also glad Cowell is going cant stand the pair of them.(but i will come on the forums to see what has been said after the interview, im sure it will be in uproar;)) ohh goody we have to watch her mime tomorrow yet again plugging her latest crap to the public, ffs:rolleyes:
  • Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    I think what she had was *celebrity* malaria: It has a much speedier recovery time but the (PR) symptoms are 100 times worse than non-celebrity malaria.

She nearly died and had organ failure?? I nearly died from severe eye rolling while reading that interview.

:D:D

Oh yes, I don't deny that the story would be exaggerated for every celebrity. Just seems that with Cheryl there's always some sort of drama going on that people can sympathise with her about. Snore.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not to defend her or anything, but it's the media that blows things out of proportion. I guess we'll see how she really felt about it on her Piers Morgan interview tonight.
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bridgetb wrote: »
    What time is this pile of dross on tonight? I must remember to go out...

:yawn:

I would not insult my television screen by switching on this woe-is-me, rags-to-riches, life or death, melodramatic sob story guff even for five seconds.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder what the ratings will be like... Lower than X Factor?
  • Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lewnaticc wrote: »
    I wonder what the ratings will be like... Lower than X Factor?

Probably higher :rolleyes: There are a lot of people who adore her and worship the ground she walks on for some peculiar reason... and a lot of people who really dislike her and will be tuning in to laugh at her melodramatic, pathetic tears.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 75
    Forum Member
    my grandfather actually died from kidney failure - this women is seriously getting on my nerves

I def won't be watching tonite- the pr machine should really get their facts straight before drip feeding this rubbish to the public about the """nations sweatheart"""

Rant over
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sloopy wrote: »
    I would not insult my television screen by switching on this woe-is-me, rags-to-riches, life or death, melodramatic sob story guff even for five seconds.

Ditto.

I do watch XF but for the entertainment value (much of it car crash) rather than to hear what Chezza and The Cowell have to say but I draw the line on watching Moron fawn over her for an houir while she sheds a single tear. :yawn:
  • guffybearguffybear Posts: 1,752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    my grandfather actually died from kidney failure - this women is seriously getting on my nerves

and he was probably older than 27 so less able to recover.

old people's deaths can be caused by the simplest of illnesses if mixed with other symptoms so something serious like kidney failure will probably be fatal
  • staceyxxx23staceyxxx23 Posts: 12,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aw :( She must've just felt ugh. It'd be horrible to think you're gonna die. D:
  • duffsdadduffsdad Posts: 11,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I dont believe this for a minute.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    in my case i was told not to drink or smoke for 12 months after my liver failure i was in such a heap it was unreal ...and the rest of me was in perfect working order ....but i looked a mess with all the weight loss and fatique ...there is absolutely no way on earth she made such a speedy recovery and was able to endure a 10 hour flight within weeks ...its pure bull
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    paris192 wrote: »
    and she was nursed at home !!! - oh my god ....i would imagine the hopsital that she attended are non too impressed with this story ...with that alleded level of complications and they allowed her to go home with a nurse and no medical machinery !!!!!

I'm a nurse at that hospital, I'll have to try and find out. And also whether anyone else who's had no oxygen in their blood was still able to have a conversation with a nurse.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Moondial wrote: »
    I'm a nurse at that hospital, I'll have to try and find out. And also whether anyone else who's had no oxygen in their blood was still able to have a conversation with a nurse.

Also someone with no kidney or liver function - don't forget that ! :rolleyes:
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    duffsdad wrote: »
    It will, however, be a fabulous advert for l'Oreal mascara. watch as she sheds tears, dries them and all without a smudge.

But she's worth it ;)
  • tvtimestvtimes Posts: 9,276
    Forum Member
    The insensitivity of some people on here is pretty bewildering. None of you were there so you wouldn't have a clue what happened. Some of you sound like the press speculating and such.

Let's hope none of you get Malaria and end up in the hospital. :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In the sun, she more or less says that America isn't in her plans.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In the sun, she more or less says that America isn't in her plans.

bloody helll i have been getting excited her and Cowell are going to f**k off and bother the poor Americans and we have got rid of the two narcissistics sp?:rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tvtimes wrote: »
    The insensitivity of some people on here is pretty bewildering. None of you were there so you wouldn't have a clue what happened. Some of you sound like the press speculating and such.

Let's hope none of you get Malaria and end up in the hospital. :rolleyes:

I don't doubt she had a mild dose of malaria... but her claim that her liver and kidneys had failed, and that she had no oxygen in her blood (which means she wasn't breathing), and that in such a state (i.e. basically dead) she managed to ask a nurse if she was going to die is, frankly, ludicrous. We're not speculating - we're going on what she's said in interviews, not something she might have said off the cuff.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bellagio wrote: »
    I don't doubt she had a mild dose of malaria... but her claim that her liver and kidneys had failed, and that she had no oxygen in her blood (which means she wasn't breathing), and that in such a state (i.e. basically dead) she managed to ask a nurse if she was going to die is, frankly, ludicrous. We're not speculating - we're going on what she's said in interviews, not something she might have said off the cuff.

:D:D:D I have always said the 24hours to live and Malaria story was far fetched, and put like that now i know why:D