Katie, Emmderdale

mrsdaisychainmrsdaisychain Posts: 3,435
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Can someone refresh my memory for me?

I'm sure Katie had a surrogate baby for Grayson and Purdie from the big house before The Kings lived there.
Am I right or am I getting mixed up?

Didn't Katie end up meeting up with Purdie without Grayson knowing so she could flee with the child so Grayson couldn't have it? Hadn't he been trying to send his wife to a home for the mentally ill when there was nothing wrong with her, it was all his doing?
If I am wrong, who was it if it wasn't Katie.

I'm just a little confused about Katie, it was never, ever mentioned when she was upset about not being able to have a child with Declan. I would have thought she would have at least mentioned it. That's why I'm thinking it might not be her.

Comments

• GlendarrochGlendarroch Posts: 20,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can someone refresh my memory for me?

I'm sure Katie had a surrogate baby for Grayson and Purdie from the big house before The Kings lived there.
    Am I right or am I getting mixed up?

Didn't Katie end up meeting up with Purdie without Grayson knowing so she could flee with the child so Grayson couldn't have it? Hadn't he been trying to send his wife to a home for the mentally ill when there was nothing wrong with her, it was all his doing?
    If I am wrong, who was it if it wasn't Katie.

I'm just a little confused about Katie, it was never, ever mentioned when she was upset about not being able to have a child with Declan. I would have thought she would have at least mentioned it. That's why I'm thinking it might not be her.

Her fertility was very much reduced by an infection caused by a broken pelvis. Declan took it to mean that she couldn't have kids and told her so.
  • chatterbox57chatterbox57 Posts: 547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Absolutely right. I remember that storyline was about the time I actually started watching Emmerdale. I keep wondering how old the child would be. I think Purdie was infertile so although she handed over the baby the child was really hers.

Katie has been there for such a long time it would be good if the writers would settle her down. She is always gold digging. Give her a house and a purpose other than competing for the richest bloke in the village all the time.:)
  • spungerspunger Posts: 2,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You might think Katie would have told Declan about the baby at some point but in reality some people do keep things from their partners and family.
    I never found out until my Dad passed away that he'd been married once before he married my mum.
  • mrsdaisychainmrsdaisychain Posts: 3,435
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, I was right, it was Katie then.
  • Dr K NoisewaterDr K Noisewater Posts: 11,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Katie agreed to be a surrogate for childless Grayson and Perdy however they then split up while she was pregnant - Perdy had cheated with Mathew King and Grayson was secretly gay and cheated with a string of men. Gray's mother Rosemary then set him up with pregnant Katie in an attempt to force Perdy out of the family. Rosemary convinced Perdy she was going mad and had her admitted into a psychiatric facility. Eventually though the truth came out and Katie handed the baby over to Perdy who fled.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Katie agreed to be a surrogate for childless Grayson and Perdy however they then split up while she was pregnant - Perdy had cheated with Mathew King and Grayson was secretly gay and cheated with a string of men. Gray's mother Rosemary then set him up with pregnant Katie in an attempt to force Perdy out of the family. Rosemary convinced Perdy she was going mad and had her admitted into a psychiatric facility. Eventually though the truth came out and Katie handed the baby over to Perdy who fled.

Yes, of course. It was Grayson's mother wasn't it? I do recall Matthew King, going to the cemetery and getting a digger and digging the mothers grave up and putting her in a skip, now I remeber that. I also had an inkling that Grayson was gay.
    Thanks for the information.
  • Dr K NoisewaterDr K Noisewater Posts: 11,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, of course. It was Grayson's mother wasn't it? I do recall Matthew King, going to the cemetery and getting a digger and digging the mothers grave up and putting her in a skip, now I remeber that. I also had an inkling that Grayson was gay.
    Thanks for the information.

Yes the brilliant Rosemary. Mathew King's stepmother and arch enemy. She faked her own death and framed Mathew for her murder. Then when she died for real and was buried next to her husband Tom Mathew had her coffin dug up and thrown in the back of a bin lorry and crushed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes the brilliant Rosemary. Mathew King's stepmother and arch enemy. She faked her own death and framed Mathew for her murder. Then when she died for real and was buried next to her husband Tom Mathew had her coffin dug up and thrown in the back of a bin lorry and crushed.

We were so shocked when Matthew did that but it didn't stop us laughing, Matthew was a favourite of ours:D She did a rotten thing too setting him up.