Options

Where would you prefer to live

13»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Somewhere in the UK/Ireland/Channel Islands will lots of land and small log cabins for me and my family set apart with streams and woodland and lots of fields to walk my dogs.
  • Options
    yellowparkyellowpark Posts: 2,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Canada water in south-east London.
  • Options
    Summer BreezeSummer Breeze Posts: 4,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Moonbean wrote: »
    By the coast near where I live (Northumberland). Maybe Alnwick. I love the Northumbrian coastline, it's so dramatic!

I love it there too.
    Many a happy holiday spent their as a kid.
    Last time I went up there if was very cold and windy but I still loved it.
    I took my old dog with me and he ran along the beach.
  • Options
    TWSTWS Posts: 9,307
    Forum Member
    I always liked the idea of Canada.

However if choosing in England Devon or Dorset have some lovely places, so as I live in a lovely part of Devon I shall stay put:D
  • Options
    Flat MattFlat Matt Posts: 7,023
    Forum Member
    Perth in Australia (lived there as a kid) or good old Florida.

If I had to stay in the UK, I'd go for Cornwall or Devon.
  • Options
    netcurtainsnetcurtains Posts: 23,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Somewhere quiet and peaceful in Northumberland.
  • Options
    hellsTinkerbellhellsTinkerbell Posts: 9,871
    Forum Member
    Being a lover of the south coast of England, that would be my ideal location to move to if I won some money. The area that would be first on my list would be Devon, I think it's quite beautiful. I love to sit and watch the world go by and although a pretty view would be nice, as long as you seen a bit of life, it would be perfect.
    I don't think I would like to be in a solitary location.
    I would find a property preferably in a village with a nice country pub, a little shop for daily necessities which would be ideal for our needs. I do like the idea of being part of village life.
    I love watching the tv programme, a place in the country where I dream away.
    What would your choice be? It can be in this country or abroad.

I'd love to live in a tiny house by a tiny stream....but ive never yet saw a house in Gillygillyhossenfefferkatsenelenbogenbythestream in any estate agents window..ever.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SJ_Mental wrote: »
    Kepler 186f, I would want a truly unique new home.

A bit far for asda home delivery though?
  • Options
    highking1014highking1014 Posts: 1,189
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rathlin Island off the north coast of Ireland

Eastern Australia
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am content to be living in The Black Country.
  • Options
    balthasarbalthasar Posts: 2,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The paradise city , not bothered about the colour of the grass, but the girls sound, interesting.
  • Options
    annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    anywhere rugged, rainy and rural.
  • Options
    lea_uklea_uk Posts: 9,648
    Forum Member
    Newcastle quayside or Jesmond.
  • Options
    kate36kate36 Posts: 13,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Where I live now on the north Cornish coast:D
  • Options
    PrincessTTPrincessTT Posts: 4,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If I had enough money my perfect life would be travelling the world doing work in developing countries... Until then there is no where I'd rather be than Sunny South London :)
  • Options
    NX-74205NX-74205 Posts: 4,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SJ_Mental wrote: »
    Kepler 186f, I would want a truly unique new home.

My choice is far superior, I get the Milky Way Galaxy taking up most of the sky at a magnitude of about -2 :D
  • Options
    sej17sej17 Posts: 377
    Forum Member
    I like the look of the old villages I saw up in County Durham/Northumberland/Scottish Borders/Cumbria area. I liked the beauty, slower pace and ruggedness but with cities such as Newcastle not far away for necessary things such as shops and hospitals etc...
  • Options
    Frankie_LittleFrankie_Little Posts: 9,271
    Forum Member
    The Cook Islands, halfway between New Zealand and Hawaii in the South Pacific. Unspoilt paradise!

More realistically, somewhere on the North East coast, overlooking the sea.
  • Options
    jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    Yes, been all around Devon and it's gorgeous. I know lots of places have problems but I could easily settle there.
    Hope to go for another visit later this year.

Glad you liked it. I'm your go to person when it comes to south Devon. I lived there for 21 years and know the area very well. Seen it, done it, got the t-shirt and read the book, so to speak.
  • Options
    jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    Poppy99 wrote: »
    Dartmouth is v.nice in Devon, especially a swish apartment on Dart marina. I stayed in one on vacation once, sadly no longer available for hire, and you could just sit outside on the terrace and watch the boats go by. When I got home I looked up the purchase price. A shade under a million so a major lottery win needed for that one.

Dartmouth is lovely and very sought after when it comes to property. The prices reflect that.

I've actually stayed over a few nights on my dad's small yacht in the Dittisham and Stoke Gabriel areas.
  • Options
    Jim_McIntoshJim_McIntosh Posts: 5,866
    Forum Member
    If I won a filthy amount of cash on the lottery I'd do 6 month - 1 year stints in different places until I felt I needed roots somewhere. It's long enough to get to know somewhere better but short enough to give me time to still visit lots of places and be near family at times too.

Stints in Toronto, Vancouver, New York, Northern California, Tokyo, Vietnam, Singapore, Budapest, Rome, Rural Spain, Tanzania, New Zealand, Crete, Prague, Scandinavia, Russia, Santiago, Central America.

Several stints near family in various places in Scotland - Argyll, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Stirling, Borders, Drymen.