Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 7)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BinCat wrote: »
    They're horrible, and the one where he's dead is very strange.

Actually that's the only one I don't mind - the rest have just got worse and less said about the new Goth one the better - Jesus talk about embarasing.
  • Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't so much hate them but the Argos Alien mum and her weird taste in 'men' creeps me out. Bieber??? now Olly Murs :confused:

At least Olly Murs is above legal age. Originally when the Bieber version of the advert was on, Bieber was barely 16. Why would a grown woman be lusting after a 16 year old?
    RingoJ739K wrote: »
    They've also brought back the very first Go Compare advert:rolleyes: FGS! WHY?:mad: there's also the latest which is a silent movie version...I bet there will be a new one around the corner and I have a feeling I know what they might do next...Space? panto:rolleyes:why are they MAKING us SUFFER with these awful adverts????:mad:

The silent movie version is an old one it was on around this time last year. I'm pretty sure I've already seen a panto version on at Christmas. But like you why they keep resurrecting the old versions i've no idea. I even saw the caveman version recently.

I really dislike the Ginsters (at least I think it's Ginsters) advert where the guy is talking to the camera as if he is talking to his girlfriend. He is really smarmy and fancies himself rotten. He also played more or less the same character in a coffee advert not so long ago.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    At least Olly Murs is above legal age. Originally when the Bieber version of the advert was on, Bieber was barely 16. Why would a grown woman be lusting after a 16 year old?
    Ask Caroline Flack ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,664
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tinkie wrote: »
    They have churned out another old Paul Whitehouse advert showing him as a goth. They are all revolting and I would never use that insurance company because of using that idiot

Sad to think he was once a comedy god - Fast Show, Harry Enfield etc. He's always played multiple characters, but they used to be funny - now they are just tragic...
  • BBTweetsBBTweets Posts: 12,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One that's really bugging me at the moment is where the song (in typically 'baby girl' voice that appears to be the norm these days) starts off "Why are there so many songs about rainbows?".

Apart from the theme tune to the tv show Rainbow, there's only one song about a rainbow I can think of and that was Judy Garland's one. :confused:

Another is a trailer for Sky which has the tagline "Defining moments in cinema history" for their HD ad campaign. Now I can think of any number of defining moments - Jack Nicholson's "Here's Johnny", Marlon Brando's "I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse", Darth Vader's "The force is strong with this one" etc etc. Hundreds of movie clips could have been used and whose image do we see? Rosie Huntington-Whiteley from Transformers 3.

Pretty girl - yes. Good actress - no. Defining moment from cinema history - she shouldn't even register on anybody's list of cinematic moments.
  • MsLurkerMsLurker Posts: 1,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another BT ad but for their directory enquiries number. It's the one where some rocker introduces himself to his neighbour. The neighbour has got a annoying weird high pitched voice. :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,246
    Forum Member
    The advert that says You Save does my head in.
  • LYNN(E)LYNN(E) Posts: 1,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The one for Barista coffee with that creepy highly aggravating whispering:mad::mad:
    I now have to mute a quiet advert !!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 304
    Forum Member
    It's for a property website to find a new house, but that isn't what you remember from the ad. I don't like it because the lip synching is way out.
    How does a guy dressed up as a woman on a disability scooter going dubbadubbadubbabluble or what ever end up advertising how to find a new house, the mind boggles:confused::confused:
  • LYNN(E)LYNN(E) Posts: 1,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BBTweets wrote: »
    One that's really bugging me at the moment is where the song (in typically 'baby girl' voice that appears to be the norm these days) starts off "Why are there so many songs about rainbows?".

Apart from the theme tune to the tv show Rainbow, there's only one song about a rainbow I can think of and that was Judy Garland's one. :confused:

Another is a trailer for Sky which has the tagline "Defining moments in cinema history" for their HD ad campaign. Now I can think of any number of defining moments - Jack Nicholson's "Here's Johnny", Marlon Brando's "I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse", Darth Vader's "The force is strong with this one" etc etc. Hundreds of movie clips could have been used and whose image do we see? Rosie Huntington-Whiteley from Transformers 3.

Pretty girl - yes. Good actress - no. Defining moment from cinema history - she shouldn't even register on anybody's list of cinematic moments.

Am pretty sure Kermit sang it once :D or else it was his cousin/nephew Robin - anyway it was a better version of this song - haven't got a clue who sang the original !!
  • Dunce-2007Dunce-2007 Posts: 6,452
    Forum Member
    QUALITY SOLICITORS

More tripe by the day.
    :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
  • Dunce-2007Dunce-2007 Posts: 6,452
    Forum Member
    The advert that says You Save does my head in.

That one drives me nuts, haven't heard it in a while...infact I hope I never hear it again.:mad:
  • livingdeadgirllivingdeadgirl Posts: 624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It must be three years now that the go compare ads have had that singing idiot on them. My son is 3 next week and I remember them being on when I'd only just given birth to him. It must be time for them to think up something new soon surely? Something I suspect would probably be equally as annoying anyway :(
  • Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LYNN(E) wrote: »
    Am pretty sure Kermit sang it once :D or else it was his cousin/nephew Robin - anyway it was a better version of this song - haven't got a clue who sang the original !!

Kermit the frog sang 'The Rainbow Connection' in "The Muppet Movie". His nephew Robin sang 'Halfway Up The Stairs' in an episode of The Muppet Show. :)
  • ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member
    The BT ad. The girl has disgustingly bad taste in music so the annoying guy takes it upon himself to pretend he does too?

I'm sorry, but a girl would have to be way more attractive and much less annoying than her for me to pretend to like some cheesy 80's limp wristed pop music. Actually, even then I wouldn't :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,191
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Jammy Dodgers Ad- what is up with those monkeys? They scare me! That's enough to put anyone off any food for life!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 435
    Forum Member
    Anyone seen the latest Sky Tv advert with their new "family"

The "mum" was in the Colgate advert (did you brush this morning, stupid Bactria detector thing), the DFS adverts, the haribo adverts and massive amount of other adverts.
  • GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    HTC One X - AAAAAAAAARRGGGHHH!! This is becoming the new Autoglass. I've been listening to Absolute Radio and this advert has been on EVERY SINGLE AD BREAK! I've heard it like 6 times in the last 50 minutes. I now refuse to buy this phone because of the constant advertising of it! :mad:
  • Durham ViperDurham Viper Posts: 567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RingoJ739K wrote: »
    They've also brought back the very first Go Compare advert:rolleyes: FGS! WHY?:mad: there's also the latest which is a silent movie version...I bet there will be a new one around the corner and I have a feeling I know what they might do next...Space? panto:rolleyes:why are they MAKING us SUFFER with these awful adverts????:mad:

They've already made a Space themed advert

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbMNtRrL33s

and a Panto one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPR6IRny0Ao
  • Brass Drag0nBrass Drag0n Posts: 5,046
    Forum Member
    I see the brunette centaur from the Muller advert is also in the new Tampax advert.

For a second I did think "Jesus, they're doing tampons for horses now!" :D
  • Miss_MaladroitMiss_Maladroit Posts: 53
    Forum Member
    I would have approved of the ad if Anna had said, "Mm, more of a Napalm Death girl myself."

And then gone into her room to emerge with corpse paint and a dead crow in a jar.

As a Napalm Death girl myself, I can't say I've ever done that ;) Maybe as an Immortal or Slipknot fan... (sorry, I'm splitting hairs, couldn't resist though!)

I must say I have to agree with everyone talking about those airy-voiced girlies ruining perfectly good songs, I think Ellie Goulding started it with 'Your Song'. I was in TopShop in Exeter at the weekend and someone was quavering a terrible cover of 'Wicked Game', utter blasphemy!
  • ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member
    As a Napalm Death girl myself, I can't say I've ever done that ;) Maybe as an Immortal or Slipknot fan... (sorry, I'm splitting hairs, couldn't resist though!)

I must say I have to agree with everyone talking about those airy-voiced girlies ruining perfectly good songs, I think Ellie Goulding started it with 'Your Song'. I was in TopShop in Exeter at the weekend and someone was quavering a terrible cover of 'Wicked Game', utter blasphemy!

Oh god yeah, those annoy me so much - almost as bad as all the poetry ads where it's some annoying voice over man reading out something, I presume they think is really poignant, then it turns out to be an ad for cheese or mcdonalds or something :D I find them so patronising.
  • Miss_MaladroitMiss_Maladroit Posts: 53
    Forum Member
    Ænima wrote: »
    Oh god yeah, those annoy me so much - almost as bad as all the poetry ads where it's some ammoying voice over man reading out something, I presume they think is really poignant, then it turns out to be an ad for cheese or mcdonalds or something :D I find them so patronising.

Yeah, you're quite right, they are! And I find it all very pretentious too - it's just [insert product] at the end of the day, and if I need it, I'll have bought it anyway!
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,369
    Forum Member
    The William Hill ad, with the guy who is repeatedly saying something like....DONGADONG.....DONGADONG....DONGADONG.....DONGADONG!!!
  • KymberlyKymberly Posts: 763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Jammy Dodgers Ad- what is up with those monkeys? They scare me! That's enough to put anyone off any food for life!!

me too, they remind me of that music video from several years ago which had these monkeys performing in a band with human faces. :eek:
This discussion has been closed.