Brendan Brady (Emmett J. Scanlan) Fan Thread! (Part 109)

Comments

• MissCelticMissCeltic Posts: 18,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tezzabobs wrote: »
    Yeah I've seen somewhere say Brendan sees Ste being upset as an opportunity to offer the business proposal.

I think he sees that as his way back in
  • LemonadeManLemonadeMan Posts: 81,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There were really great moments where you almost sympathized with Ste despite the terrible things he was doing. Because they dared to write and show Ste's horrific backstory and the characters involved were so young and in over their heads it was all so realistic. Kieron also managed to portray Ste as having some sort of redeemable core so when he finally did start to turn his life around it was believable.

Perfectly put.

Aw, Ste. It's a shame more fans aren't interested/the show rarely revisits that past of his, because there's such potential there.
    mojo5000 wrote: »
    Awful I know.

It's terribly unflattering. :o
    Yeah I've seen somewhere say Brendan sees Ste being upset as an opportunity to offer the business proposal.

Yeah, it rung a bell.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,996
    Forum Member
    Spoiler pictures are quite cool, it'll be fun seeing Will pegged with cups :D

Sassy little 'un :cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 45,402
    Forum Member
  • ally08ally08 Posts: 34,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blimey Minty is finally here, who would have guessed he would be a cockney wideboy wheeler dealer. :yawn:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think I almost cheered when I first watched that scene.

Sassy Ste at his finest.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    x-Maya-x wrote: »
    I think I almost cheered when I first watched that scene.

Sassy Ste at his finest.

:cool:

He should have thrown an orange at Noah's head as he trundled away.
  • mojo5000mojo5000 Posts: 54,086
    Forum Member
    Spoiler pictures are quite cool, it'll be fun seeing Will pegged with cups :D

Sassy little 'un :cool:

Such a great moment.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Oh that was just amazing of Ste.

Brendan 'overheard' from his lovelehh balcony and was proud of his boy for his sass at the moonhead. :cool:
  • AnotherSarahAnotherSarah Posts: 41,906
    Forum Member

Aw, Ste. It's a shame more fans aren't interested/the show rarely revisits that past of his, because there's such potential there.
    I think people would be interested though, it's basic human nature to be curious about what makes people tick, and HO underestimates that in its pursuit of OMG moments and silly stunts like Wretch 32 and Daytona Lights and poor old Mav. It's a soap, and soaps work when they're character-led, and it's not a music show, and I'm sorry but hiring well trendeh music acts will not make it cool. HO is not cool, it should stop trying to be because it will only end in disappointment.

They need to get to grips with storytelling and character, value the actors they have, take a chance that we don't all have goldfish memories, employ someone to feed the characters' histories into current scripts for the newer writers, and make a good soap opera not a limp music show and not a shinier Grange Hill.

/rant
  • AnotherSarahAnotherSarah Posts: 41,906
    Forum Member
    ally08 wrote: »
    Blimey Minty is finally here, who would have guessed he would be a cockney wideboy wheeler dealer. :yawn:

That picture tells us everything we will ever need to know about his performance.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think people would be interested though, it's basic human nature to be curious about what makes people tick, and HO underestimates that in its pursuit of OMG moments and silly stunts like Wretch 32 and Daytona Lights and poor old Mav. It's a soap, and soaps work when they're character-led, and it's not a music show, and I'm sorry but hiring well trendeh music acts will not make it cool. HO is not cool, it should stop trying to be because it will only end in disappointment.

They need to get to grips with storytelling and character, value the actors they have, take a chance that we don't all have goldfish memories, employ someone to feed the characters' histories into current scripts for the newer writers, and make a good soap opera not a limp music show and not a shinier Grange Hill.

/rant

This.

I totally agree. Especially with the music acts thing. It's all a bit desperate to appear trendy.

Who honestly sits there and thinks "Oh Wretch 32 is in Hollyoaks! I must watch!" :o
    Forum Member
    I don't think HOs realise that the people they're trying to please usually aren't the people watching HOs.

The Maddies of the world are not watching Hollyoaks. Or the Barts, or the bloody Jonos.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think HOs realise that the people they're trying to please usually aren't the people watching HOs.

The Maddies of the world are not watching Hollyoaks. Or the Barts, or the bloody Jonos.

Exactly. Which is why I think characters like Ricky and Duncan, Seth, Esther etc, are all well received. They're all warmer and lovable losers. Not nasty popular kids.
    Forum Member

/rant

Could not agree more. I'm sure the music act is fun if you're there and your the cast/crew but they have the flipping music show - why is this needed?!

Indeed.
  • Radio.GagaRadio.Gaga Posts: 14,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My friend was like 'Wretch 32 is on Hollyoaks? I like him'

I was like :sleep:

She still didn't want it though, she hates HO, why would he change that? :p
    Forum Member
    Exactly. Which is why I think characters like Ricky and Duncan, Seth, Esther etc, are all well received. They're all warmer and lovable losers. Not nasty popular kids.

Exactly. Because they're normal, and easy to relate to. Nobody wants to watch their time at school with the bitchy girls and the tw*tty boys on a soap they enjoy.

Like, really, who wants to watch Maddie? She makes lives miserable, and that's not entertaining, it's annoying. Especially when nobody gives her a piece of their mind, like, ever. When realistically, she would've been slapped about 5 times by now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Radio.Gaga wrote: »
    My friend was like 'Wretch 32 is on Hollyoaks? I like him'

I was like :sleep:

She still didn't want it though, she hates HO, why would he change that? :p

And even if she did watch, it's a one episode boost.

Pointless.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loike the hipsters of Chester in a rare moment off unity pelting Will with cups. Bringing people together, him. ;)

Good God they're pushing this Enchanted Forest thing a bit much. It looks like a less cheerful Santa's grotto.

I'm rather ashamedly looking forward to Minty though. :o
    Forum Member
    Exactly. Because they're normal, and easy to relate to. Nobody wants to watch their time at school with the bitchy girls and the tw*tty boys on a soap they enjoy.

Like, really, who wants to watch Maddie? She makes lives miserable, and that's not entertaining, it's annoying. Especially when nobody gives her a piece of their mind, like, ever. When realistically, she would've been slapped about 5 times by now.

Especially if they've put up with that crap all day!
    Forum Member
    mojo5000 wrote: »
    Especially if they've put up with that crap all day!

LOL Exactly!

Nobody puts up with the bitches at school to have to come home and put up with them on tv. ;)
  • Radio.GagaRadio.Gaga Posts: 14,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would find it hilarious if HO got really bad ratings all this week and next and then Friday the rating went up loads cause of Stendan. It's unlikely, but it would make me laugh so much :o
  • JEHJEH Posts: 2,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi all :)

God i hate this bloody sun it has brought me out in a heat rash i want the cold weather back :(

Are we expecting any brendan in tonight or is it more sad faced doug :sleep:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Radio.Gaga wrote: »
    I would find it hilarious if HO got really bad ratings all this week and next and then Friday the rating went up loads cause of Stendan. It's unlikely, but it would make me laugh so much :o

Must be cos of all them bangin' Maverick Sabre tunes. Innit. ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It'd be hilarious if it wasn't so annoying but what teenager honestly wants to watch a show full of the cool kids? The type that you'd hate at school unless you are one of them. And if you are one of them, you're not sitting in watching HO.
    duckmoo wrote: »
    I'm rather ashamedly looking forward to Minty though. :o

He's excited too.
This discussion has been closed.