Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D Season 2 (US-Pace)

Comments

• marsch_labbmarsch_labb Posts: 687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    whiteswan wrote: »
    Yes - it said it on the tv news report......his brother and his Parents - although could this be an elaborate "lie" to get him to infiltrate Hydra ?

The report said: 'the body of senator Christian Ward and both his brother and father have been found dead'
    It doesn't say Tommy. Just his brother, which could be the senator's chauffeur taking the place of Grant, so the authorities think he's dead.
    And from the discussions between Grant and Christian, it's not completely clear to me; sometimes they say 'killed him' sometimes they say 'pushed down the well'. Perhaps it's so deep, they never found the body and assumed he was dead. That would also explain why the well was just capped off and not filled.

As to what happenned at the end 25 years ago, it's pretty clear to me that Skye's father declared revenge on the person who killed his lover. Confirmed by the fact that when he said 'it's good to look your ennemy right in the eyes' and then turned to look at Whitehall.

One thing's for sure, Christian was not Hydra.
    Having said that, i always keep my options open with sci-fi. I wrote that the body of the senator's brother could have been someone else, the same could apply to the entire family. Perhaps they're not dead, we have only a media report to go on.

It moves very fast this season but the big one in the last episode is that they've already found a match for the city. I tought it would come later. Not complaining, i love this season.
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The report said: 'the body of senator Christian Ward and both his brother and father have been found dead'.

I thought it said 'Mother'.
  • TWSTWS Posts: 9,307
    Forum Member

Me too
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It did.

Ward set it up so that it looked like Christian killed their Father and Mother for the abuse he and Ward underwent when they were children.

He then faked Christians suicide.
  • marsch_labbmarsch_labb Posts: 687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Just rewatched it and i was completely and utterly wrong.
    It does say mother and father.
    My mistake.
    Sorry.
    I apologise.

But it doesn't change the rest; altough i doubt it, Christian and Tommy could still be alive.
    It's the same for the Red Skull. Even Whitehall thinks he's dead but we saw him in The First Avenger being 'hit' by an energy beam. Was he vaporised or transported?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So was Skye's Mother always immortal or was touching the Diviner in 1945 the reason she didn't age for 44 years?

She obviously was one of the special people that could use the Diviners power but I'm guessing she wasn't aware of this before she was forced to touch it.
  • Flash525Flash525 Posts: 8,862
    Forum Member
    R82n8 wrote: »
    Another cracking episode tonight lots of twisty-turny stuff going on.
    Damned right, and I loved it!
    R82n8 wrote: »
    So I'm guessing that the 'chosen' lady who was experimented on was Sky's mother and The Doctor is going to exact his revange on Whitehall.
    Poor actress keeps getting killed off. :p

It was good to see that flashback though; the good Doctor only slaughtered the villagers in revenge for his wife being killed by Whitehall - who seemingly took as many of her organs as he could. That's interesting.
    Can somebody explain to a thicko this latest episode.
    Long story short...

We were told back in the first series that baby Skye was found by a Shield agent after the massacre of a village. Said massacre was at the hands of her father (the Doctor). Up until this past episode, we didn't know his motives. It turns out they were vengeful ones for the death of his wife (skye's mother) at the hands of Whitehall. Everything else seems inconclusive.
    Schmiznurf wrote: »
    At any point was it said that Ward's brother Tommy was dead?
    Yes - it said it on the tv news report......his brother and his Parents - although could this be an elaborate "lie" to get him to infiltrate Hydra ?
    There appear to be two conversations here; wasn't Tommy the brother that Christian supposedly killed? I think Ward did in fact kill Christian, and his parents, though I do wonder why they didn't show that scene; it didn't take away from anything if we had seen it, we could have still had the later scene seeing his reasons.
    Was the girl who was tortured Skye's mum ?
    I believe she was, yeah.
    Corwin wrote: »
    So was Skye's Mother always immortal or was touching the Diviner in 1945 the reason she didn't age for 44 years?

She obviously was one of the special people that could use the Diviners power but I'm guessing she wasn't aware of this before she was forced to touch it.
    I would imagine that she became immortal, for the reasons you've already stated - seeing as she initially feared the device after seeing the finger of the person before her. I am curious though, as to whether the doctor (I'm going to have to try and remember his name) has full control of the device as claimed; he seems to know quite a bit, yet it was convenient that he found the other immortal that touched it. I doubt he became immortal through the same means; cause, ya'know, he managed to slaughter an entire village solo. I suspect that he wants what is in that city to fully exact revenge on Hydra, and I also expect he'll become more the antihero figure than hero or villain, likely sacrificing his life to protect Skye (eventually). Him and Coulson unknowingly have an ally in each other I think.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 85
    Forum Member
    Schmiznurf wrote: »
    At any point was it said that Ward's brother Tommy was dead?

We don't know if Tommy is still alive. All we know is, he nearly died in the well incident. It was Christian and his parents who died in the fire. Ward recorded his confession and used it to frame Christian in what the news report described as a murder-suicide incident, ie. Christian killed his parents and then committed suicide. And yes, I think besides revenge, he used it to also impress Whitehall, to show how far he was willing to go.
    As to what part didn't I understand - well almost all of it to be honest.
    Was the girl who was tortured Skye's mum ?
    What happened at the end "20 years ago"
    Dave

Well, there was a lot happening. It's like Doctor Who. You really have to pay attention and maybe watch again to catch everything. ;-) There are 4 storylines running in parallel, with a 5th, Skye's dad intertwined with 2 of them. Hence the confusion :

1. Whitehall's backstory : 1945 up to 1989 plus Skye's dad and mum
    It's 1945 in Austria. Whitehall aka Werner Reinhardt is experimenting with the Obelisk. We first see this Chinese woman who like Raina, isn't affected by it. He keeps her prisoner. But he gets caught when the Allies invade and she is freed. Peggy Carter interrogates him. He wants to cut a deal but she refuses and throws him in a cell. We see him in that cell for 44 years. Then in 1989, Pierce ( Fury's boss who's Hydra ) releases him. The Hydra agents have found this same woman again. She hasn't aged a day. Back to Austria and he experiments/cuts her up. He's extracted something from her and uses it to make himself young again. He tells his men to dump her body. Skye's dad finds her body( in the final scene ). It's strongly implied she was his wife. He looks young then. This is the moment we are meant to discover that she was Skye's mother. He vows to do the same thing to her killer. The dad uses the pronoun 'he' implying he knows who the killer is ( my conjecture ).

2. Present day : Ward and Christian
    Ward kidnaps and confronts Christian at their family summer home. He brings his brother to the location of the well. Go back to S1 Ep.8 The Well if you don't understand the significance. That particular incident traumatized Ward the most. And he blamed Christian for making him the fall guy. In the exchanges between them, we finally learn when Christian confesses that not only were the parents terrible, their mother was also abusing them but not Tommy, who was the mother's pet. Christian wanted Tommy dead to get back at their abusive mother but got Ward to do his dirty job for him. And Tommy almost got killed. He apologizes and Ward seems to be satisfied. He hugs his brother and says it's time they went home.:o Well, you know what happened next from the news report.

3. Present day : Coulson's mission to find the city's location plus Skye's dad
    Coulson, Trip, Skye and Fitz go to Hawaii. Trip has to deliver a button to the dry cleaners and pick up a tie while Sky has to get a watch engraved. Fitz was tasked with practising in putting together parts of a transceiver in under 6 mins. They then head out to the Australian outback. They need access to a satellite network to map the location of the city. The military facility controlling this network in Hawaii is too heavily-guarded but the small station in Australia comes online when the Hawaiian station goes down. To take it down, Coulson has orchestrated the "smuggling" of 2 parts to an EMP pulse generator past security. First part, the button is sewn to a general's uniform which he picked up from the dry cleaners. The 2nd, the watch of a new commander, who would be welcomed by the said general. They shake hands, the 2 parts come together and boom, the place goes dark. Coulson, Trip and Fitz enter the station but realise something is wrong. Hyda is also there. A gun battle ensues and Trip gets shot. One of the station's personnel offers to help saying he is a doctor. It's actually Skye's dad. Coulson doesn't recognise dad until dad slips and calls him Phil. They exchange words. Both have the same strategy to find the city. Skye is mentioned. Dad escapes, Coulson has to attend to Trip and can't pursue him. Fitz patches the hardware so they can hijack the feed. At the bus, Skye senses something is amiss, but before Coulson can reply, they have a hit. They've found the city.

4. Present day : At the Playground and Bakshi's interrogation
    May is holding the fort. Bobbi is interrogating Bakshi. He unintentionally lets slip the relationship between Red Skull and Whitehall. Cut long story short, they dig deeper, find the hidden files that Peggy locked away and find out about Whitehall's past. Bobbi pushes Bakshi too hard, he tries to commit suicide but is saved by Simmons. Bobbi and Hunter argue about her interrogation methods which quickly gets personal. They end up, ahem.. need I say more ?:D

Okay, I haven't even covered the present day stuff covered in this episode on the connection with Whitehall, Skye's dad, the Obelisk and the hunt for the city. A lot of it ties really nicely with stuff from previous episodes especially Skye's backstory from S1 Ep.12 Seeds and in the comics. Tell me if you're interested.
  • treasurehuntertreasurehunter Posts: 351
    Forum Member
    There were some big clues in the latest episode. They pretty much confirmed the Kree/Inhuman theory. The only problems I can see about revealing the Inhumans at this point is that the movie is 5 years away. It's relying on AoS getting renewed to help develop the storyline and keep it current in people's minds. The city may not be Attilan itself (they may be saving that for the movie), but it could still be part of the Inhuman world.

In the opening dream sequence, there is a tune in the background which I think is Daisy Bell (Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer do...). Is this a clue towards Skye's real name? The top theory at the moment is that the Doctor is Mr. Hyde and Skye is Daisy Johnson (AKA Quake).
  • MikeAP001MikeAP001 Posts: 1,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There were some big clues in the latest episode. They pretty much confirmed the Kree/Inhuman theory. The only problems I can see about revealing the Inhumans at this point is that the movie is 5 years away. It's relying on AoS getting renewed to help develop the storyline and keep it current in people's minds. The city may not be Attilan itself (they may be saving that for the movie), but it could still be part of the Inhuman world.

In the opening dream sequence, there is a tune in the background which I think is Daisy Bell (Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer do...). Is this a clue towards Skye's real name? The top theory at the moment is that the Doctor is Mr. Hyde and Skye is Daisy Johnson (AKA Quake).

Yeah, the song was Daisy Bell AKA A Bicycle Built for Two. The lyrics describe Ward's lust for Skye. As for the Daisy Johnson connection, I never thought of it but it might be true. In the comics, she's based on the Angelina Jolie character (a computer hacker) from the movie, Hackers.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Poor Mack, never going to get to work on Lola now.

What was that "thing" he was talking to Bobbie about I wonder. She'll probably bring Hunter into it (whatever it is) now that Macks gone.

Well I say gone, it's possible he might have survived the fall since whatever is inside him certainly kept him standing in that fight a lot longer than he should have been.

I'd expect at least one more team member to bite it before the end of the season especially if the Koenigs are hanging around.
    Forum Member
    Poor Mack, never going to get to work on Lola now.
    I suspect Mack is still alive, just possessed or whatever. As you've already stated, he could seemingly take a beating. He's probably being controlled by some sort of artificial defense program, and will shut down once Skye arrives.
    What was that "thing" he was talking to Bobbie about I wonder. She'll probably bring Hunter into it (whatever it is) now that Macks gone.
    I'm pretty sure I heard a reference to Hartley (the character Lucy Lawless played). Is it possible that Bobbi was somehow responsible for her death (even if inadvertently?) That's all I got.
    I'd expect at least one more team member to bite it before the end of the season especially if the Koenigs are hanging around.
    As much as I hope it not to be, I'm suspecting that if anyone is going to die, it'll be either Fitz or Simmons. That said, they managed to conclude the first series without killing off a main character, so there's no reason they can't follow the trend. Maybe it'll be Raina?

It was also nice to hear reference to the Kree; glad that's all tidied up (though it was pretty much the conclusion by now). Likewise, it's good that both Skye, Raina and the Doctor are (as far as we know) all actually human, just with unlocked hidden potential - a side effect from Kree experiments no doubt.

I keep forgetting, but who are the major players in this universe? You've got us, obviously, then the Kree, the Skrull and the Chitauri? Are there any other species out there that'll intertwined with the show/universe?
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe Bobbi & Mack were planning on taking the Diviner/City for themselves, and don't think Hunter would want to be involved because the Diviner killed Xena?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Flash525 wrote: »
    I keep forgetting, but who are the major players in this universe? You've got us, obviously, then the Kree, the Skrull and the Chitauri? Are there any other species out there that'll intertwined with the show/universe?

I don't think we've had the Skrulls in the MCU, just Kree and Chitauri?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Matt D wrote: »
    Maybe Bobbi & Mack were planning on taking the Diviner/City for themselves, and don't think Hunter would want to be involved because the Diviner killed Xena?

I've seen some speculation that Bobbi, Mack and Hartley are (or were in the latter's case) working directly for Nick Fury.

However I don't really buy it since they already pulled that trick (possible traitor, nope just working for Fury) in Season 1 with May.

I doubt they will turn out to be total bad guys either though.

Was Mack an actual Shield agent before he joined Coulsons team or just a mercenary like Hunter?
  • Alien28Alien28 Posts: 1,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I thought that maybe, somehow, the secret is that Xenia is still alive somewhere!? For some convoluted reason!
    Forum Member
    I don't think we've had the Skrulls in the MCU, just Kree and Chitauri?
    I wasn't referring just to the cinematic universe, I should have been more clear. :)
    Was Mack an actual Shield agent before he joined Coulsons team or just a mercenary like Hunter?
    I don't think we've ever been told to be honest. I'm pretty sure Mack wasn't a mercenary with Hunter and co, but then I don't think he was ever an official Shield Agent either. He was probably picked up somewhere along the way though..
  • Mr Master XMr Master X Posts: 746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alien28 wrote: »
    I thought that maybe, somehow, the secret is that Xenia is still alive somewhere!? For some convoluted reason!

You guys are looking too much into it. It was implying he and her (big dude and Mockingbird) were a an item for a while and Hunter wasn't aware they'd been together. Unless I completely misheard.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You guys are looking too much into it. It was implying he and her (big dude and Mockingbird) were a an item for a while and Hunter wasn't aware they'd been together. Unless I completely misheard.

Why bring up dead agent Xena in the conversation then? Unless all three were an Item? :D

Nah there's more going on than who was sleeping with who.
    Bobbi - Let's not go down this road, okay? You're a big brother, but you're not my big brother.
    Mack - Your personal life, that's your business.
    I'm just wondering if it means you're bringing Hunter in on the other thing.
    Bobbi - That? No.
    Mack - Well, I figured after we - lost Hartley, you'd try to
    Bobbi - No, he has no idea. And I'd like it to stay that way.
    Mack - Copy that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 85
    Forum Member
    MikeAP001 wrote: »
    Yeah, the song was Daisy Bell AKA A Bicycle Built for Two. The lyrics describe Ward's lust for Skye. As for the Daisy Johnson connection, I never thought of it but it might be true. In the comics, she's based on the Angelina Jolie character (a computer hacker) from the movie, Hackers.

I don't think Ward comes into the picture at all. The second stanza goes "I'm half crazy over the love of you" which can perfectly describe her father. If you look at the context of that dream sequence, it's pretty much Skye's subconscious fear of being abandoned (again), this time by her Shield family represented by mom May and dad Coulson due to who her father is, " poison vine, poison fruit ". There is this juxtaposition between the past : the incident in the Hunan province where she was first found as a baby ( hence the Chinese newspaper Coulson was holding ) and her present fear of what's to come ( the box which represents the Obelisk ).

The song plus the flower dress Skye was wearing does look like a hint to her name being Daisy unless the writers are just toying with us. So the theory about the Doctor being Calvin Zabo and Skye, Daisy Johnson seems very plausible.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why bring up dead agent Xena in the conversation then? Unless all three were an Item? :D

Well, Agent Xena liked that sort of thing in Spartacus ;)
    Forum Member
    Well, Agent Xena liked that sort of thing in Spartacus ;)
    Hah, oh the memories. :D
  • 007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do hope Mack is an Inhuman and that was his mini transformation. As for him and Bobbi's plan, I guess they're working with Fury to preserve the city. SHIELD is all about acquiring the latest alien tech. But part of me thinks Bobbi is 'compliant' with Hydra, and is primed to turn at some point.
    Forum Member
    007Fusion wrote: »
    I do hope Mack is an Inhuman and that was his mini transformation. As for him and Bobbi's plan, I guess they're working with Fury to preserve the city. SHIELD is all about acquiring the latest alien tech. But part of me thinks Bobbi is 'compliant' with Hydra, and is primed to turn at some point.
    I don't think there's much chance of her turning. She's a true Shield Agent, and eventually [apparently] evolves (for lack of a better word) into Mockingjay.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Flash525 wrote: »
    I don't think there's much chance of her turning. She's a true Shield Agent, and eventually [apparently] evolves (for lack of a better word) into Mockingjay.

Don't you mean Mockingbird? :confused:

Or has Disney also bought The Hunger Games? ;)