Options

American Horror Story : Freak Show - UK Pace (No Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    dodradedodrade Posts: 23,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did anyone get the Halloween reference when Twisty peeked from behind the hedge like Michael Myers?
  • Options
    big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am loving it
    First series since the first that I'm enjoying. Poor twisty
  • Options
    donna255donna255 Posts: 10,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't care which era its set or the songs not in the right time frame.

Jessica Lange's Gods and Monsters was awesome
  • Options
    MysteriousOzMysteriousOz Posts: 6,231
    Forum Member
    Last nights ep was great, Elsa and Twisty has sad pasts!
  • Options
    BlueEyedMrsPBlueEyedMrsP Posts: 12,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Needs more Frances Conroy. Maybe with last night's ending she'll have more screen time.
  • Options
    MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good episode last night.

Edward Mondrake found his next member - Twisty the clown is dead! Shame. He should have stuck around for the whole of the season imo. His shot off mouth looked grotesque and his back story was quite sad. Such a good character too, but it looks like Dandy's going to become the new Twisty. I was hoping he wouldn't kill Dora but looks like he's gone over the edge now. He really is one messed up brat!

Elsa's back story was quite horrific too. Legs cut off for a snuff film, bit extreme but that's AHS for you!

I liked the scene where all the normal folk came to say thanks to Jimmy and the freaks but Jimmy's still going on about Meep!!! We hardly saw much of Meep anyway.

Another good thing about last night's ep there was no Frances Conroy and there was no song! Thank god!

With Twisty now dead and the kidnapped people returned to their families i wonder where the storyline wiill go now?
  • Options
    anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Needs more Frances Conroy. Maybe with last night's ending she'll have more screen time.

I love her. She is a very underrated actress.
  • Options
    PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't believe how little this thread has been posted on. Has everyone given up? I have to say it's not gripping me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Porcupine wrote: »
    I can't believe how little this thread has been posted on. Has everyone given up? I have to say it's not gripping me.

Not given up. I love it.
  • Options
    dodradedodrade Posts: 23,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Porcupine wrote: »

Definite improvement on Coven.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well it's not as good as Murder House and Asylum, but i'm enjoying it. As for the thread not being active, well it's a 'cult' show and maybe would rather watch something else and talk about that instead.
  • Options
    bean_of_sbbean_of_sb Posts: 7,841
    Forum Member
    I've not given up, rather I'm enjoying it so much I've opted for US pace instead :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bizarre episode tonight.

Flashbacks and flashforwards (are the flashforwards merely fantasy or set in reality? Meaning do Stanley and Maggie really kill some of the freaks?)
    Jimmy still going on about bloody Meep!
    Multiple songs from the future
    Vaginal bleeding
    Gay bars
    Dell a closet homosexual
    Dandy practically naked
    Dandy turning into a serial killer/new Twisty the Clown

Overall i still rather enjoyed it.
  • Options
    decobelledecobelle Posts: 4,717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm enjoying the new season - it's typical crazy AHS stuff.

Dandys great - 'why won't you die - you're making me feel bad!'
  • Options
    Dress to KillDress to Kill Posts: 6,209
    Forum Member
    I was confused by the whole cupcake museum thing with Dot and Bette. So they're actually find and nothings happened to them? So it was just a dream sequence? Or something that'll happen in the future but not happened yet? (As in, Dot and Bette will end up in the museum but just not in the way that was shown and not quite yet?)
  • Options
    brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think I'm enjoying this season less than previous ones. Coven was messy at times, but the general theme of the internal and external feuds of the witches kept me interested. I'm not really feeling the freaks.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    brangdon wrote: »
    I think I'm enjoying this season less than previous ones. Coven was messy at times, but the general theme of the internal and external feuds of the witches kept me interested. I'm not really feeling the freaks.

When you think about it, what 'freaks' does the show really focus on. It's mainly lobster boy and the conjoined twins. The rest of the freaks and that's not including the principal cast don't even get a look in, let alone a line or two to say. They're just there to make up the numbers. It's rather misleading.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    MrSuper wrote: »
    When you think about it, what 'freaks' does the show really focus on. It's mainly lobster boy and the conjoined twins. The rest of the freaks and that's not including the principal cast don't even get a look in, let alone a line or two to say. They're just there to make up the numbers. It's rather misleading.

They've featured the other 'freaks' plenty of times including the British actor with disfigured arms and the woman with no legs in last weeks story. Kathy Bates character, Angela Bassett and others have also been prominently featured.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They've featured the other 'freaks' plenty of times including the British actor with disfigured arms and the woman with no legs in last weeks story. Kathy Bates character, Angela Bassett and others have also been prominently featured.

I wasn't referring to them, they're the principal cast.

Ethel - woman with facial hair
    Dell - physically strong
    Desiree - has 3 tits

You can hardly label them 'freaks' even if that's what they're supposed to represent in the show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Dell - physically strong
    Desiree - has 3 tits

You can hardly label them 'freaks' even if that's what they're supposed to represent in the show.

Well like I said they did feature the British guy and the other woman with no legs last week which was very moving. And the back story of others over the last few weeks.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well like I said they did feature the British guy and the other woman with no legs last week which was very moving. And the back story of others over the last few weeks.

True, they did show her last week. Well we're almost halfway through the season with no end-game in sight, so i'm wondering what the 2nd half is going to bring.
  • Options
    brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was including them in my comment. Arguably Dandy and his mother are also freaks, as are most of the other characters in their own way. In the same way that the "walking dead" refers to the human survivors not the zombies.
  • Options
    Nollaig79Nollaig79 Posts: 1,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I feel the same as some of you, I am not enjoying this season as much as previous ones. However, I will keep watching to see if it improves over the next 3 episodes or so, if not...then there is always next season I guess. :(
  • Options
    PsychosisPsychosis Posts: 18,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Dell - physically strong
    Desiree - has 3 tits

But... what? They would have fitted in very well at a real freak show. Bearded ladies were part of a circus sideshow or freakshow. So was a strongman. I don't recall many women with three boobs but they would certainly have been labeled a freak. What are you expecting? They have to hire actors and how many actual actors have deformities? Many of the 'freaks' on the show are not actors at all. It would be foolish to hang a show on them. Plus, there's less potential when it comes to people who are less mobile.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Psychosis wrote: »
    But... what? They would have fitted in very well at a real freak show. Bearded ladies were part of a circus sideshow or freakshow. So was a strongman. I don't recall many women with three boobs but they would certainly have been labeled a freak. What are you expecting? They have to hire actors and how many actual actors have deformities? Many of the 'freaks' on the show are not actors at all. It would be foolish to hang a show on them. Plus, there's less potential when it comes to people who are less mobile.

They would have been labelled as extra also. :D