Options

Who's buying a PS4 on Release?

Comments

• Options
    mojobrewmojobrew Posts: 1,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Regarding the Drive Club Plus Edition, it's a stripped down version (less cars & tracks) but there will be an option to upgrade for a cost.

Don't ask for source I can't remember where I got that from but I'm pretty sure it's accurate.
  • Options
    ConroyConroy Posts: 3,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got mine pre-ordered.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My apologies, it seems those three will be drip-fed as PS+ titles over the first few months of the PS4, not all available at launch.

http://www.gamesradar.com/transistor-leads-charge-indie-ps4-console-exclusives/
    I took that announcement at the conference to mean they'll all be there day 1, but they'll be free over the months following - so feel free to pay on day 1 if you're desperate for it.

I'm buying one day one - haven't done so before as for the last gen I was still in education and so no funds available for one.

Now I have five months to sit and panic that I won't get one because they'll be sold out :(
  • Options
    HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At the moment I am thinking September - December 2014 when I get one, hopefully most problems will have been minimized by then and a good selection of games will be available as well.

I plan to try to finish some PS3 games I have and play catch up on other I have missed over the next year. I will also be doing my best to avoid buying cross platform games like Watch Dogs, if its on PS4 and PS3 I would rather wait to play the next generation version if possible.
  • Options
    gothergother Posts: 14,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Already pre-ordered mine ages ago at Amazon.
    First ever console i'm buying on launch day.
  • Options
    stokesy_9stokesy_9 Posts: 481
    Forum Member
    yeah, preordered mine off amazon before e3, the price has been updated now on my account lol. Also my first console pre order, waited till the first price drop to get my ps3
  • Options
    Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Earliest I will buy it is when all the fuss dies down and the stock which will be held back to create a buying frenzy will be back in the shops in March 2014.
    It happens every time. Well apart from the Wii U .
  • Options
    gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Theyd be mad to hold back any stock
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    going to see what games launch with it then decided. touch wood my launch ps3 hasnt given up yet
  • Options
    SJ_MentalSJ_Mental Posts: 16,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I shall be buying one, I hope it lasts longer than my launch ps3 though.
  • Options
    GeeEmGeeEm Posts: 105
    Forum Member
    Have preordered mine from Asda as they guarantee delivery on launch day for free as long as you buy a preorder voucher for £20.
    They will email you when they know what bundles they have and if you decide you don't want one they refund your money.
  • Options
    Ross1874Ross1874 Posts: 1,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wheres the best place to preorder?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ross1874 wrote: »
    Wheres the best place to preorder?
    Depends.

If you want cheapest, GameSeek or Toys R Us are £339.

GameSeek are a smallish company, so I'd probably side with Toys R Us.

Everyone else is pretty much at £349 or a quid less so take your pick!
  • Options
    AkimboGeordieAkimboGeordie Posts: 296
    Forum Member
    Im getting one launch... been on order since PS4 reveal through ShopTo
  • Options
    ags_ruleags_rule Posts: 19,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nah, still life in the old PS3 yet with a few solid titles coming out in the run-up to and indeed after the PS4 is released. Plus the main next-gen titles that interest me (such as Watch Dogs and AC4) are getting current-gen releases too. I'll give it a year or so and then make the plunge :)
  • Options
    homer2012homer2012 Posts: 5,216
    Forum Member
    shopto pre ordered, my ps4 money is ready and waiting.

Got £40 credit at blockbuster
    got £35 credit atm from sainsburys
    got my Tesco vouchers worth £27 atm

So I reckon 3 games at launch but also saving up for new TV £800.
  • Options
    treefr0gtreefr0g Posts: 23,659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got a PS3 on release day. It gave me so many things that I hadn't had before. Games of a quality unheard of upto then, bluray movies, multiplayer gaming. My purchase was totally justified.

I Just can't see what the PS4 will give me that I don't already have and it will take some persuasion to convince me.

I think I will wait until release and find out what the fan noise is like. This seems to be something that Sony pays little attention to but it can be the difference between an enjoyable experience and a frustrating one.

If its silent then I will probably get one. If it's not then I will need to weigh up the odds.
  • Options
    CaldariCaldari Posts: 5,890
    Forum Member
    On any console release I always wait a couple of months or so, just to see if there's any teething problems. I'll be doing the same with the PS4 too.

That said, when I do purchase the console it'll be with 'Watch Dogs' and 'Drive Club' to tide me over until 'The Division'.
  • Options
    Lisa.JLisa.J Posts: 1,919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Preordered with ShopTo today. Will buy a couple of games on launch day, see what I fancy nearer the time. I'm hoping Fifa14 will be out for launch tho.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've got my pre-order in with shopto and probably BF4 will be enough for me to start with along with PS+ offerings.

I might then pick up a couple of second hand games after xmas. ;)
  • Options
    claymore74claymore74 Posts: 1,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ballybally wrote: »
    I've got my pre-order in with shopto and probably BF4 will be enough for me to start with along with PS+ offerings.

Has a release date for BF4 on PS4 been given yet? I know it's 29th Oct for current gen, but the release of bf4 on ps4 will probably be what prompts me to get one.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    claymore74 wrote: »
    Has a release date for BF4 on PS4 been given yet? I know it's 29th Oct for current gen, but the release of bf4 on ps4 will probably be what prompts me to get one.

Not yet but I'm sure it will be ready for release or thereabouts.
  • Options
    claymore74claymore74 Posts: 1,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks.

I actually just saw on ign today a list of 'confirmed Day One' releases - 18 games in all, including BF4. I haven't see this info anywhere else though so not sure how accurate it is.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 528
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pre-ordered a couple of weeks ago for day-one (hopefully). Picked up a discounted PS Vita LBP bundle for Remote Play. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    claymore74 wrote: »
    Thanks.

I actually just saw on ign today a list of 'confirmed Day One' releases - 18 games in all, including BF4. I haven't see this info anywhere else though so not sure how accurate it is.
    There are 23 titles where developers have said they're launch titles.

Ass Creed 4
    Basement Crawl
    Battlefield 4
    Blacklight Retrobution (free to play)
    COD Ghosts
    Contrast
    DC Universe Online (free to play)
    Doki Doki Universe
    Driveclub
    Fifa 14
    Hohokum
    Just Dance 2014