Male Strippers

124»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I go Spearmint Rhino and Four Your Eyes Only sometimes but to experience male strippers you usually have to go out of your way, either seeing one that's been hired for a party or going to a dedicated male strippers (e.g. DreamBoys) night, and you would usually have to get tickets in advance or pay a lot on the door and all that rubbish. Too much hassle.

In Spearmint or FYEO sometimes they'll let you in for cheaper (or sometimes for free) if you're female, and the girls there are lovely (I'm straight by the way). We sometimes pop in there as part of our night out (meal, then bar, then strip club, then nightclub).

So you go to see female strippers? Take it you're a bloke then, or a lesbian? Just I thought you'd be a girl with that username`(yeah, I know it's a type of cake :D).

Shame there's no "male/female" display besides people's usernames.
  • Victoria SpongeVictoria Sponge Posts: 16,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chunes wrote: »
    So you go to see female strippers? Take it you're a bloke then, or a lesbian? Just I thought you'd be a girl with that username`(yeah, I know it's a type of cake :D).

Shame there's no "male/female" display besides people's usernames.

I'm female, and I'm straight. So are the girls I go with. And I love cake :)
  • Mr. XMr. X Posts: 4,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm female, and I'm straight. So are the girls I go with. And I love cake :)

So why do you bother going to strip clubs?! Seems a bit strange to me. I wouldn't dream of going in one myself cause it all seems a bit exploitative and nasty, and I'm a straight bloke. I don't really get why a straight woman would go in a place that's primarily designed to relieve men who -- ahem -- think with something other than their brains, of their money...
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mr. X wrote: »
    So why do you bother going to strip clubs?! Seems a bit strange to me. I wouldn't dream of going in one myself cause it all seems a bit exploitative and nasty, and I'm a straight bloke. I don't really get why a straight woman would go in a place that's primarily designed to relieve men who -- ahem -- think with something other than their brains, of their money...

Not all strippers or clubs with strippers are seedy though.
    I have been in a lot of places where the strippers there are just part of the night's entertainment, not there for the relief of men (or women).
    Although the story about strippers getting up to no good with female audience members (or co workers) is definitely something I have seen many many times before.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's nothing to do with them being there for anyone's relief -- I just don't get the entertainment value of someone striding round naked in front of big groups of people for money, even with no touching; seems a little humiliating and demeaning, really. I'm not really sure when it became a normal part of people's nights out...
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's nothing to do with them being there for anyone's relief -- I just don't get the entertainment value of someone striding round naked in front of big groups of people for money, even with no touching; seems a little humiliating and demeaning, really. I'm not really sure when it became a normal part of people's nights out...

Oh I agree. I would not go out to a strip club for an evenings entertainment, but many do. I find nothing atractive about naked people squirming around. For mr it was part of the job, but for those that came along it was a great night of entertainment for them. Each to their own I guess.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I am guessing you don't know any dancers, and are quick to judge. The girls in the clubs that I have been in are beautiful and intelligent, a lot of them are making good money as well as studying. They aren't seedy and the places aren't seedy neither. My mates and I are not exploiting the girls neither, and we are not 'strange', we are just ordinary girls. The dancers seem happy to be there, some are students and are just earning money like anyone else.

If I was a bit thinner, prettier and could dance, then I'd do it myself.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am guessing you don't know any dancers, and are quick to judge. The girls in the clubs that I have been in are beautiful and intelligent, a lot of them are making good money as well as studying. They aren't seedy and the places aren't seedy neither. My mates and I are not exploiting the girls neither, and we are not 'strange', we are just ordinary girls. The dancers seem happy to be there, some are students and are just earning money like anyone else.

If I was a bit thinner, prettier and could dance, then I'd do it myself.

Every time I mention my opinion on this sort of subject, ye olde "judgemental" line comes out. But I'm judging no-one. I'm saying that a society in which intelligent young women don't feel able to make a decent living in any way other than flaunting their body feels like a slightly broken society to me. Why can't these beautiful, intelligent students do what everyone else does, what I did, and get a job in an office or pub or shop?

I'm not slagging you here, and I'm not slagging the women who choose to dance. But I think part of the problem lies with a culture of beauty mags and page-3 girls that can have the effect of leading some women down a path of low self-esteem, and our materialistic society which encourages people to amass as much money as possible as quickly as possible to be spent on fashionable stuff with scant regard for how that money is earned.

Someone with slightly more traditional views than today's prevalent "anything goes, bollocks to everyone else" thinking is not automatically a judgemental old bigot... !

:)

(I mean hell, I dance myself. Not for money and not with nothing on... god, no one would pay to see that... but I really enjoy it, I love just letting go... anyway, as you were...)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why can't these beautiful, intelligent students do what everyone else does, what I did, and get a job in an office or pub or shop?

I'm not slagging you here, and I'm not slagging the women who choose to dance. But I think part of the problem lies with a culture of beauty mags and page-3 girls that can have the effect of leading some women down a path of low self-esteem, and our materialistic society which encourages people to amass as much money as possible as quickly as possible to be spent on fashionable stuff with scant regard for how that money is earned.

Someone with slightly more traditional views than today's prevalent "anything goes, bollocks to everyone else" thinking is not automatically a judgemental old bigot... !

:)

I can only speak for the girls I know, and the answer to your question is that they don't want to work in an office, pub or a shop. They can if they want to, but they are lucky enough to have the looks and charm that will get them easy, quick money.

If you have looks, a great body, confidence, AND charm and intelligence, you will have many more opportunities in life than the average person. That's just the way it is. These girls are taking advantage of that, and I respect and admire them for it.

If someone is genuinely happy to earn money from their looks (female OR male), are they REALLY being exploited?

(Sorry to go off topic)
  • liamhereliamhere Posts: 2,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    theres now a club for you girls...or you boyz :)

its called tricky dickies

male lap dancers!
  • cobaltmalecobaltmale Posts: 21,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a big male-stripper fan - I've even hired them for private parties. It was the best thing about gay clubs and pubs when I lived in London. The amatuer strip night at The White Swan was also good, but some entrants were hilarious and/or horrific.

I'd always been sceptical about them letting you get 'a mouthful' but it happened to a friend of mine in a pub in Islington, even though the stripper was str8! As he was one of my faves (Rebel Red) I was dead jealous.

Sadly up here there seems to be little opportunity to see male strippers as the gay scene doesn't seem to go for them and I can't crash ladies nights :(

G
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can only speak for the girls I know, and the answer to your question is that they don't want to work in an office, pub or a shop. They can if they want to, but they are lucky enough to have the looks and charm that will get them easy, quick money.

If you have looks, a great body, confidence, AND charm and intelligence, you will have many more opportunities in life than the average person. That's just the way it is. These girls are taking advantage of that, and I respect and admire them for it.

If someone is genuinely happy to earn money from their looks (female OR male), are they REALLY being exploited?

(Sorry to go off topic)

I do reasonably well for myself and I'm hardly Brad Pitt. But then, I'm not exactly the elephant-man either. I just look pretty average, wear nice stuff and take decent care of myself. I'm quite well-spoken, too.

Certainly, in some industries not a million miles from where I am, there's something of a "looks-ocracy" (is that a word? It is now) going on. They want a photo of you before they'll even give you a job interview! Even I've had professional photo shoots done and I'm on the bleedin' radio. Catches people's eye when they click onto my portfolio website, though. Having said that, it'd be nice if I could be judged solely on the fact that I'm intelligent and oh-so-charming... and modest.

As for exploitation; my perception of the clubs that are solely set up for stripping is somewhere women end up dancing in front of what'll tend to be big groups of leery men. I can't see how anyone could enjoy that and you do wonder how much of it's just for the money rather than the enjoyment. The only stripping I've seen myself is burlesque routines (they were all the rage round here last year) and with those, the girls actually did seem to enjoy what they were doing, but the events tended to be a mixed crowd who were mainly there to see bands so it was a lot more chilled.

The thing that really leaves a bad taste in my mouth is something that's cropping up round Manchester at present -- these "upmarket" "gentlemen's clubs". I'm not exactly a dedicated follower of these things, so I don't know how long it's been happening, but there's something not very pleasant about a businessman taking clients or other businessmen to be "entertained" at one of these places.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Certainly, in some industries not a million miles from where I am, there's something of a "looks-ocracy" (is that a word? It is now) going on. They want a photo of you before they'll even give you a job interview! Even I've had professional photo shoots done and I'm on the bleedin' radio. Catches people's eye when they click onto my portfolio website, though. Having said that, it'd be nice if I could be judged solely on the fact that I'm intelligent and oh-so-charming... and modest.

Well I agree that for most jobs, looks shouldn't really matter (though you should be well-presented, tidy and clean in ANY job), but for industries like lapdancing, stripping, modelling etc, I think that looks do matter a lot and quite rightly so. People that enter into these types of jobs know this and accept it, and if they can't accept it then they are in the wrong job altogether.

No-one will pay to see an ugly stripper (unless perhaps he/she were offering a discount).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    liamhere wrote: »
    theres now a club for you girls...or you boyz :)

its called tricky dickies

male lap dancers!

Where is it? I wouldn't mind trying it out, for a change!
  • whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why can't these beautiful, intelligent students do what everyone else does, what I did, and get a job in an office or pub or shop?

Choice? Maybe they can get jobs there, but choose to work less hours and paid more.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Choice? Maybe they can get jobs there, but choose to work less hours and paid more.

It's still all pretty grim if you ask me. Call me a utopian if you like, but I'd rather see a world where we didn't need this sort of seedy titillation, where people didn't feel the need to pay to see... someone else's body parts?!
  • whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's still all pretty grim if you ask me. Call me a utopian if you like, but I'd rather see a world where we didn't need this sort of seedy titillation, where people didn't feel the need to pay to see... someone else's body parts?!

Its still choice though. Just because it doesn't float your boat, it doesn't mean its wrong. Since this is a male strippers thread anyway, i take it you dont agree with that either?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mr x you seem a gent or your trying too hard who are you mr x:p
  • JaystarJaystar Posts: 4,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ROGC wrote: »
    Girls - Do most male strippers get their willy out or are those thongs glued on firmly during the performances??
    Why do you assume that male strippers only perform for women?

;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This story is quite funny (another itv news classic)...

Firemen mistaken for strippers

:eek: :D