Frequent Sound Drops - BBC HD Freeview now

late8late8 Posts: 7,175
Forum Member
Anyone getting sound cut outs on Blade Runner BBC HD?

First time I have seen the film in HD 5.1 and its getting spoilt by this every few seconds or so.

I have had drop outs on my Humax box on BBC HD before but this is different- it seems to be the broadcast itself.

Comments

• late8late8 Posts: 7,175
    Forum Member
    Same thing is happening on BBC HD again this evening with the film.

I'm on Freeview HD Humax HDR T2.
  • Gordie10Gordie10 Posts: 2,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seems to be a regular niggle for BBC HD, this one. I remember trying to watch Robbie Williams' performance at the Electric Proms on the channel last year, and the same happened (and this was on Sky's version of BBC HD) ... and, as it was a music performance, it was kinda critical to be able to hear it properly! :rolleyes:
  • late8late8 Posts: 7,175
    Forum Member
    Gordie10 wrote: »
    Seems to be a regular niggle for BBC HD, this one. I remember trying to watch Robbie Williams' performance at the Electric Proms on the channel last year, and the same happened (and this was on Sky's version of BBC HD) ... and, as it was a music performance, it was kinda critical to be able to hear it properly! :rolleyes:

Most stuff is simulcast on the SD channels. Its not right having to switch back over to get your program.

The HUMAX Freeview box has problems with some 5.1 BBC programs mainly with applause of all things. The sound will cut and jump and the audio stream to the amp will cut too. Has to be broadcaster related as ITV and C4 have never had a problem.

These cuts on films are different however. They are consistent and random and appear on both stereo down mix and 5.1 audio.

BBC refused to look into the matter last time I and others on the Humax boards complained. They seem very arrogant and dismissive about technical issues do the beeb.
  • technologisttechnologist Posts: 13,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    late8 wrote: »
    BBC refused to look into the matter last time I and others on the Humax boards complained. They seem very arrogant and dismissive about technical issues do the beeb.

I do not know who you were in touch with - but the BBC does take these issues very seriously and so do Red Bee and Siemens...... over and above what they are contractually bound to do.

It does help if you say clearly the time/ channel; which platform - and if you are on DTT where you are - as there are 5 HD regions... and what box you are using ...
  • jazzfunksterjazzfunkster Posts: 267
    Forum Member
    Forget freeview HD, the sky platform is far superior in picture and sound quality, freeview is an absolute mess and we should follow Ireland by adopting MPEG 4 and not MPEG 2.
  • sugapunksugapunk Posts: 1,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Forget freeview HD, the sky platform is far superior in picture and sound quality, freeview is an absolute mess and we should follow Ireland by adopting MPEG 4 and not MPEG 2.

Freeview HD channels use MPEG-4.
  • KevraniKevrani Posts: 575
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had problems with Doctor Who on BBC HD last night. All the voices were a octave lower and a lots of cracking. It was fine for Wallace and Gromit.

Was watching on a Sony Bravia tv on Freeview HD
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    I have the same problem but not just one station e.g. film4, ITV, Dave, 4, where the sound drops so no one accept dogs can hear it its very annoying I have a Technika LCD 32-56D TV all has been tested and in good working order grrrrrr