The Sanatorium (Part 9)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    augusta92 wrote: »
    morning....here I am, glad to hear this thread is coming to life again.

hope everything is going ok with you ali. it sounds tough at the moment.

nobody told me that as I get older, I would end up feeling responsible and as if I need to be around to support my parents either! Its an odd sensation.

Luckily my parents are pretty independent, but my dads life revolves around hospital visits, and him being able to do less and less things for himself, he had to give up driving earlier this year, and I don't think he was happy about it!

HI *waves madly* Fancy seeing you and Ali here! :p Long time no see!:cool:
  • georgyporgygeorgyporgy Posts: 5,680
    Forum Member
    Knocks loudly on the door

Hello thought i would return the visit :D

going to have a quick read, before i turn in for bed :D
  • georgyporgygeorgyporgy Posts: 5,680
    Forum Member
    kfb wrote: »
    Hi All
    Good to see some familiar names again. Ali told me The Sanatorium had been brought back to life again by Deeferone *waves* :)

Bad news from me too, I'm afraid. Some of you know that in July last year my OH died unexpectedly. Can't believe nearly a year has gone by. Somehow got through the winter thanks to the help of lots of lovely friends and neighbours, as well as my 2 lovely children and my 2 super skype friends Ali and Marion. Thanks to anyone who sent me a card.

Sorry, laurels, to hear about all your problems with your sister. It seems like the more life changes, the more it remains the same. Hope something gets sorted soon.

Perhaps it's the right time for us to get back on here just having the occasional chat again. I haven't watched BB again since 2010 but I do watch lots of other TV, especially now. I suppose one of the perks of being on your own is that you can watch what you want without any complaints ;-) I've immersed myself in boxsets of Scandi dramas, my favourite being Borgen - a very good political drama which was very relevant for our recent election. Oh, and The Legacy, also superb. OH would never watch them because he always read the paper while tv was on, so would have missed all the subtitling. :D

I go to the cinema a lot - always good to lose yourself in escapism, especially now. Saw Far from the Madding Crowd twice recently I like it so much.

Still working, which is what I should be getting back to, soooooooooooooo, keep chatting! And promise I'll come back. :)

Just looked at my post count. You never know - might yet get to 10,000! Except, I just remembered, ones on here don't count! :(

I,m so sorry Kay
    i didn't know
    sending belated condolences and good wishes your way
    love Jx
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank you, J.

Well, guys, retirement is definitely off the menu for the next 2 to 3 years! I've just got myself a job for 2 1/2 days a week doing what I did before. Very pleased because it gives some structure to my life.

Hope you are all well and coping with your own full-on problems.

Been keeping myself occupied watching tennis, and looking forward to Wimbledon. Can't wait. :cool:
  • nathalie1978nathalie1978 Posts: 10,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So Sanatorium is back to live I see :) Thanks D for telling me.
    i left this place after days and weeks off spying here alone. NO fun :( first being here in here :D and then to be left alone:blush:

Kay im really sory for your loss your news was a total shock for Christmas but because I thought you left DS I did not pm you.

hereis same old same old just living day by day.

unbeliveble that we all prety much got to know eachover 5 years ago time sure is flying

Take care all xxx
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So Sanatorium is back to live I see :) Thanks D for telling me.
    i left this place after days and weeks off spying here alone. NO fun :( first being here in here :D and then to be left alone:blush:

Kay im really sory for your loss your news was a total shock for Christmas but because I thought you left DS I did not pm you.

hereis same old same old just living day by day.

unbeliveble that we all prety much got to know eachover 5 years ago time sure is flying

Take care all xxx

Hello my dear old cyber sis! :)
    5 years - I know - where has it all gone? I know we're older but are we any wiser???
    How are you? And how is Pika? And your football team?
  • bbloverbblover Posts: 41,663
    Forum Member
    Poor old Djokovic - first time I've felt sorry for him. But what an amazing ovation he got from the French crowd - better than the one the winner got!

Roll on Wimbledon!

Now for the Grand Prix in Canada.

I was gutted for him,guess he's not meant to win the darn thing.

Glad to see you back posting Kay.:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hello my dear old cyber sis! :)
    5 years - I know - where has it all gone? I know we're older but are we any wiser???
    How are you? And how is Pika? And your football team?

Time sure flyes we are definatly older but wiser. ? dont think so or etleast I know im not:D

me have my bad days and have my good days but mostly happy when one more day is gone.
    Pika is still her old funny crazy Pika.

still playing but we are on the season break wright now so I have long boring Sundays. and enough time to enjoy F1 and Moto GP ( the Doctor 46 is back in the race for champion ):D:D:D
    cant wait that football starts again etleast then im busy a bit

its nice to see you back :) CS :) missed chating to you
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So good to see bblover and Nat here!

I sent a PM to bblover about her countryman Matthias Schoenaerts who I have fallen madly in love with. Very good looking as well as being a great actor and able to speak millions of languages! Seems like a nice guy too from the interviews I've seen him doing, especially with Marion Cotillard.

Some good sport to look forward to next week!
    WIMBLEDON!!!
    Silverstone!
    Women's footie tonight - not that I'm watching it. Glastonbury tops all!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good evening:)

ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSI 46 is still the Doctor off moto GP
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good evening:)

ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSI 46 is still the Doctor off moto GP

haha Nat. That is the only name I know from moto gp.

Well done to our women's football team. How amazing to beat the hosts!
    Maybe it will gee our men up into doing a lot better than they have been doing in any European/World Championships for a long time.

Can't wait for Wimbledon to start tomorrow.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What a mixed bag Glastonbury has been.
    Kanye West - what a load of tosh he is! Since when was he a rock star!
    I don't think he got Glastonbury.

Lionel Richie was totally brilliant. He knew what it was about. And he looked overwhelmed.

This hasn't been a good Glasto overall for me, not having OH here to share it with, but also it's been a load of pants mostly. Shame the Foos couldn't make it. Looking forward to The Who tonight although they're not live on tv - only the highlights - must have asked for too much money >:(:(:p
  • Dongle44Dongle44 Posts: 36,311
    Forum Member
    Re Wimbledon

I wish someone would buy nadal proper fitting underwear that he didn't have to fiddle with his bits so much - its gettin worser :blush::)
    Forum Member
    Dongle44 wrote: »
    Re Wimbledon

I wish someone would buy nadal proper fitting underwear that he didn't have to fiddle with his bits so much - its gettin worser :blush::)

Dongs tut tut,you should be paying attention to the game and not Nadal's butt:p

Women footie final tonight,what a heartbreaking loss btw for the English girls:cry:At least they showed more heart than the men's team.
    Forum Member
    What a mixed bag Glastonbury has been.
    Kanye West - what a load of tosh he is! Since when was he a rock star!
    I don't think he got Glastonbury.

Lionel Richie was totally brilliant. He knew what it was about. And he looked overwhelmed.

This hasn't been a good Glasto overall for me, not having OH here to share it with, but also it's been a load of pants mostly. Shame the Foos couldn't make it. Looking forward to The Who tonight although they're not live on tv - only the highlights - must have asked for too much money >:(:(:p

Kay,Kanye west is misunderstood :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bblover wrote: »
    Kay,Kanye west is misunderstood :p

I understand him perfectly :p:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bblover wrote: »
    Dongs tut tut,you should be paying attention to the game and not Nadal's butt:p

Women footie final tonight,what a heartbreaking loss btw for the English girls:cry:At least they showed more heart than the men's team.

At least they came third and beat the Germans - that counts for a huge amount - well, here at any rate.:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So, the best of the bunch go marching on at Wimbledon! The top seeds are all doing so well. What a week in prospect! :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Went to see The Elephant Man with my daughter in London. Bradley Cooper playing the lead who was brilliant - not just a pretty face - well, definitely not as he was playing The Elephant Man. A really good production.Very cleverly done.
  • irishlaurelsirishlaurels Posts: 23,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Back from Canada...had a lovely time with my friends and the two new additions to the family are so cute. Went to see a show...Titanic, which was very good...singing was very good and the production of the sinking of the ship was amazing.

Hope you are all enjoying the Tennis.
    Forum Member
    I understand him perfectly :p:D

You must be the only one :p
    Forum Member
    At least they came third and beat the Germans - that counts for a huge amount - well, here at any rate.:D

That will always mean more than winning the whole tournament lol
    Forum Member
    Back from Canada...had a lovely time with my friends and the two new additions to the family are so cute. Went to see a show...Titanic, which was very good...singing was very good and the production of the sinking of the ship was amazing.

Glad you had fun in Canada :)

I throughly did today's final:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Glad you had a good time in Canada. One of the places I am desperate to get to - especially the West Coast and the Rockies.

The tennis has been fantastic. Even though I don't like Djokovic very much as a person, I do admire his tennis. Shame Federer couldn't come up with a cunning plan to defeat him in the same way he came out against Murray. Sad it's all over now. Davis Cup this coming weekend which I will sadly miss because ...

I'm off to Berlin with my two children, just for a few days around the anniversary of OH's death. Can't believe it's been almost a whole year now. Best to keep busy, busy, busy, which my new job starting in September with help with.

Hope you are all keeping well. xx
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glad you had a good time in Canada. One of the places I am desperate to get to - especially the West Coast and the Rockies.

The tennis has been fantastic. Even though I don't like Djokovic very much as a person, I do admire his tennis. Shame Federer couldn't come up with a cunning plan to defeat him in the same way he came out against Murray. Sad it's all over now. Davis Cup this coming weekend which I will sadly miss because ...

I'm off to Berlin with my two children, just for a few days around the anniversary of OH's death. Can't believe it's been almost a whole year now. Best to keep busy, busy, busy, which my new job starting in September with help with.

Hope you are all keeping well. xx

Thank heaven Federer did not win all others better then him even Nole:D

Enjoy Berlin CS you are getting closser to me :)