yet more bad weather on the way

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,787
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I thought Axl Rose told us nothing lasts forever, even cold November rain. Lying b@stard.

Comments

• Rich Tea.Rich Tea. Posts: 22,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fender101 wrote: »
    I thought Axl Rose told us nothing lasts forever, even cold November rain. Lying b@stard.

Well he's right.

It can be as wet as it likes over the coming weeks but it's not going to be November rain is it. That's the truth. :p

Plenty of "Stratocaster Cumulus" clouds to come! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Jet Stream was clearly overlooked in that song.
  • GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Supposed to have been pi$$ing down here today with gale force winds, but the suns blazing, and its not windy at all, just a breeze, its bloody lovely :p

Houghton-le-Spring in the NthEast.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its been ****ing down for months now!!
    Is this the wettest 12 months on record for the UK ??
  • leicslad46leicslad46 Posts: 3,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No sign of any change not for at least the next month. Getting pretty fed up of this storm after storm coming in from the atlantic. Give me a few cold dry and frosty days over this shite coming in from the atlantic anyday
  • irishfeenirishfeen Posts: 10,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    After getting very wet and windy here in Cork since about 2 - Met Eireann have a weather warning in place for SW, W Ireland so you lot can expect it soon after.
  • shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Not sure about 12 months. Last summer was damn good and the first half of december was not too bad. Probably the wettest 6 week period ever though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dont know whether i have read the jet stream forecast right but it seems to be heading south to spain after the weekend. Could we be in for a bit of a respite though things could change
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never seems to end this horrible weather
  • FaithyHFaithyH Posts: 2,826
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like it once I'm warm indoors. Not so keen on getting pee wet through every night.
  • SemieroticSemierotic Posts: 11,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It's been the wettest January on record.

Bad weather is funny, people really want someone to blame but, of course, there's no-one.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There seems to be big fluctuations in the temperatures over north america with the cold plunge nearly at the gulf. While this is happening we are going to be battered by lows from the established jet stream with our name on it for at least until things change in north america that would reduce the strength of the jet stream and the lows that is being driven on it
  • victor melvictor mel Posts: 4,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like winter is a right off. Little chance of snow now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sNOw chance of having snow thanks to the jet stream
  • contrariancontrarian Posts: 1,475
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find that the rain washes away the memories from the sidewalks of life...
  • LakieLadyLakieLady Posts: 19,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We've had a lovely day today in Sussex, but the wind has really got up in the last 30 mins or so, and it's raining hard.

I'm so bored with it now. I hate it if the weather stays the same for too long, regardless of what sort of weather it is!
  • cahcah Posts: 24,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The wind here in this part of Cornwall has really started to get strong in the last couple of hours ,it's sounding a bit scary at the moment and thought the windows were going to blow in :o and the lights have flickered a couple of times :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone else noticed that the lows that get to the UK stall and head west again. Look at the pressure charts on the bbc website to see what i mean.
  • saffron_starsaffron_star Posts: 789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It has been scarily horrific down here in West Cornwall over the last couple of hours with storm force winds.
    Trees down, roads closed, power lines down and power cuts.
    We are more or less cut off at the moment. It's been a long time since it has been this bad.
    Winds have eased a little but it's now high tide with high sea surges predicted.
    Hope we are still here in the morning.
    If you don't hear from us, we have floated into the Atlantic.
  • irishfeenirishfeen Posts: 10,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Already in Cork City the river lee has bursts its banks in places - and that's 30 odd minutes before high tide (Patrick's Street https://twitter.com/sunbabe08/status/430802882909052928/photo/1 ) could be left with catastrophic damage to businesses by tomorrow morning :(
  • kimindexkimindex Posts: 68,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It has been scarily horrific down here in West Cornwall over the last couple of hours with storm force winds.
    Trees down, roads closed, power lines down and power cuts.
    We are more or less cut off at the moment. It's been a long time since it has been this bad.
    Winds have eased a little but it's now high tide with high sea surges predicted.
    Hope we are still here in the morning.
    If you don't hear from us, we have floated into the Atlantic.
    Yes, it was a bit scary. Couldn't sleep due to the storm and the sound of the sea (which is nothing, compared to what others have had to deal with, of course). Seems to be better this morning. These shows some of it (not taken by me):

https://twitter.com/meegat/status/430861657804271616/photo/1
    https://twitter.com/LeeJPalmer/status/430309356778057728/photo/1
    http://instagram.com/p/kA24oCGbRd/#
  • Will_BennettsWill_Bennetts Posts: 3,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone have a forecast for next week ? . Im going to portsmouth to see my gf . Luckily going by car.
  • CroctacusCroctacus Posts: 18,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just seeing on the BBC website about the railway in Dawlish....
    http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-26044323
  • gulliverfoylegulliverfoyle Posts: 6,318
    Forum Member
    if those aquifers and reservoirs arent full they never will be!!
  • Paradise_LostParadise_Lost Posts: 6,454
    Forum Member
    Several roads filled with branches strewn about and one large tree felled on the way to work this morn. Winds buffeted the house through the night. Could barely get a wink. It's not going to let up later this week either. :(