Options

The Great British Bake Off - New Series in August (Part 2)

SupportSupport Posts: 70,853
Administrator
Welsh-lad wrote: »
Out of the mouths of babes...
Continuation of: The Great British Bake Off - New Series in August

Comments

• Options
    JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Part 2. How exciting!!

Anyhoo, what are they baking this week?
  • Options
    domedome Posts: 55,878
    Forum Member
    JamieHT wrote: »
    Part 2. How exciting!!

Anyhoo, what are they baking this week?

3 x 12 savoury canapes with three different pastry bases

Charlotte Royal

Opera Cake
  • Options
    alcockellalcockell Posts: 25,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi all...
    Anyone else watching the odd-flours one?
  • Options
    BeethovensPianoBeethovensPiano Posts: 11,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Watching again now
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PArma ham and the gubbins... must not drool on laptop..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *grabby hands at those loaves*
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Veg cake? You gotta be shitting me..
  • Options
    Welsh-ladWelsh-lad Posts: 51,925
    Forum Member
    alcockell wrote: »
    Veg cake? You gotta be shitting me..

Quite. Daft idea.
    They make them do cakes with pappy sludgy veg and then Paul complains about texture and taste!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    striing wrote: »
    The pathos of that light going round Christine's guitar after they said it was bland is too sad. :(

I know :(. It looked lovely too.

Mary said something odd too as I recall (not watching atm so do correct me). Was something like "Christine's will look great I'm sure of that" in a tone that seemed a little dismissive.

I thought appearance was important. Well it sometimes is, depending on who's made it. A pile of gloop won last week afer all.
  • Options
    anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is this show fixed for a good looking person to win ever series? It seems that the pretty blonde with the bright blue eyes is being lined up as this years winner already because she's photogenic and would make good TV for future TV appearances on other shows. Just like last years winner.
  • Options
    jonbwfcjonbwfc Posts: 18,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is this show fixed for a good looking person to win ever series?
    Ye Gods. Can people please stop spouting nonsense, it's giving me a headache.
  • Options
    TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dome wrote: »
    3 x 12 savoury canapes with three different pastry bases

Charlotte Royal

Opera Cake

Ooh, so that's what it's called. All these years, I referred it as 'Swiss roll cake'. :o
  • Options
    lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is this show fixed for a good looking person to win ever series? It seems that the pretty blonde with the bright blue eyes is being lined up as this years winner already because she's photogenic and would make good TV for future TV appearances on other shows. Just like last years winner.

I looked up the previous winners and that description hardly seems to apply to previous winners and certainly not last year so not sure where the idea comes from.

Who is the blonde with blue eyes being lined up to win this year?
  • Options
    ilovewallanderilovewallander Posts: 42,114
    Forum Member
    lundavra wrote: »
    I looked up the previous winners and that description hardly seems to apply to previous winners and certainly not last year so not sure where the idea comes from.

Who is the blonde with blue eyes being lined up to win this year?

The winner last year, John, is a nice looking young chap, so that's not very nice of you :p:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The winner last year, John, is a nice looking young chap, so that's not very nice of you :p:D

It's a matter of opinion and he is certainly not blonde. The original message talked of people winning because of being blue-eyed blondes, that description does not seem to fit any of the past winners and none of the final four.
  • Options
    ilovewallanderilovewallander Posts: 42,114
    Forum Member
    It's a matter of opinion and he is certainly not blonde. The original message talked of people winning because of being blue-eyed blondes, that description does not seem to fit any of the past winners and none of the final four.

I think the poster just meant they want a good looking one to win every year. It just so happens this year the good looking one is blue eyed and blonde, that's what I read from what the poster said. And I thought you meant last year the winner wasn't good looking, that's all.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ruby has green eyes, surely?

I don't think it's set up for Ruby to win but I do feel cross that she won star baker. I'm not a fan of Kimberley but I thought she was robbed. That toadstool was fantastic; there was hardly anything between her and Ruby in the technical and she did well with her loaf.:confused:

Why did nobody even mention the fact that Ruby's shed was lop-sided?
  • Options
    Jennell_SierakoJennell_Sierako Posts: 407
    Forum Member
    SheShe wrote: »
    Ruby has green eyes, surely?

I don't think it's set up for Ruby to win but I do feel cross that she won star baker. I'm not a fan of Kimberley but I thought she was robbed. That toadstool was fantastic; there was hardly anything between her and Ruby in the technical and she did well with her loaf.:confused:

Why did nobody even mention the fact that Ruby's shed was lop-sided?

Maybe they didn't notice it was lopsided.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe they didn't notice it was lopsided.

And of course you never see a lopsided shed on an allotment! :)
  • Options
    chuck_wipplchuck_wippl Posts: 5,099
    Forum Member
    This year's series and it's contestants have been a bit meh for me :yawn: But of course I'll still continue to watch as I love everything else about it. Particularly Mel and Sue, the set, the format, the music etc etc It's a lovely show :)

Glen and Ali have been the only 2 contestants who have stood out for me, both baking and personality combined wise. None of the finalists are really doing it for me. Apart from Kimberley, maybe.. :o She's been the most consistent and sprightly!

Last year I was rooting for both John and Brendan and just couldn't decide who I wanted to win!! And actually, I loved pretty much all of the contestants in that series after having a Google of their names from the Wikipedia page. They were a brilliant bunch who produced some amazing show-stoppers!

I need to stop living in the past :eek::D
  • Options
    Jennell_SierakoJennell_Sierako Posts: 407
    Forum Member
    And of course you never see a lopsided shed on an allotment! :)

I have seen a lopsided shed. It was in a neighbors back yard and it fell down in a gale. I was worried about Ruby's shed and also the fact that her chocolate didn't cover everything I thought it ought to. Luckily for my bet the judges didn't seem to notice.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have seen a lopsided shed. It was in a neighbors back yard and it fell down in a gale. I was worried about Ruby's shed and also the fact that her chocolate didn't cover everything I thought it ought to. Luckily for my bet the judges didn't seem to notice.

Luckily there was no gale in the studio!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Have you seen the cover of this week's Radio Times out today?

They all look really lovely -Frances and Beca especially as they've obviously had their hair seen to etc.
    Kimberley and Ruby obviously very pretty.
  • Options
    abbieuniqueabbieunique Posts: 4,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Welsh-lad wrote: »
    Have you seen the cover of this week's Radio Times out today?

They all look really lovely -Frances and Beca especially as they've obviously had their hair seen to etc.
    Kimberley and Ruby obviously very pretty.

Do you have a link to the pictures?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Do you have a link to the pictures?

No :(. I've googled and searched loads and can't find it. All I get is old covers from years ago.

Inside there's a four page feature with interviews and more pics.