Time to axe Radio 1

124»

Comments

• wckartistwckartist Posts: 1,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Funk You wrote: »
    when I was in that age bracket (now 27) I never listened to any of their output apart from the odd DnB show at night. QUOTE]

Just how many numptys are going to slag off R1, yet ADMIT they don't , or very rarely listen??

Unreal!
  • J-BJ-B Posts: 18,612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm 21, so pretty much slap bang on target, and thoroughly enjoy Radio 1's output. The comparable output from commercial radio is awful, pedestrian rubbish.

There are currently some really excellent sounding shows - Particularly Scott Mills and Chris Stark, they nail the early afternoon demographic, Mills is a true talent, the comedy is funny and relevant, and the links are slick and polished. Almost all of my radio listening peers are regular listeners to their show.

Phil and Alice also have a great late night show. I can see Alice doing 6 months - 1 year in her new weekend slot before replacing Fearne Cotton, who is awful and bland in the mid-morning slot.

Greg James has gone from strength to strength in Drivetime. His show is a lot better with a more zoo style format featuring Chris Smith, it seems like they are prepping that team for Breakfast down the line.