Options

Health and Fitness qualifications?

1manonthebog1manonthebog Posts: 3,707
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Since the start of the year I've went on a bit of a health kik, I've shed the pounds and enjoyed the process of researching nutrition and hitting the gym daily, so it made me wonder about getting some qualifications in the subject. Where exactly would I start?

Comments

• Options
    Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I did my PT qualification at the local college. Some gyms also do courses. Have a look on Google for gym instructor qualifications in your local area. Your first qualification would be gym instructor level 2.
  • Options
    Nigel GoodwinNigel Goodwin Posts: 58,531
    Forum Member
    You can do on-line courses as well, an ex-workmate of mine was considering it.
  • Options
    Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Make sure the course is REPs approved if you want to work in a commercial gym.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can do on-line courses as well, an ex-workmate of mine was considering it.

Yes like the idea of online. Anyone recommend a company?
  • Options
    Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    Yes like the idea of online. Anyone recommend a company?

Online course for fitness? There would need to be some attendance somewhere for it to be properly accredited.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aura101 wrote: »
    Online course for fitness? There would need to be some attendance somewhere for it to be properly accredited.

Yes I believe there is a practical at the end but surly the rest can be home study?