TNA Wrestling on Challenge TV

Comments

• KOE_9_ASHKOE_9_ASH Posts: 239
    Forum Member
    daclick wrote: »
    Anyone going to fan interaction/the show at nottingham?

The tour or the Fan Party?

I'm hoping to get to the Fan Party, but I'm going to the Manchester date and Fan Interaction there...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    VelvetSky's Christmas Message:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GO7MkoanHb8&feature=related

A year late, but it still applies! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-unnxVTDhQ

^

Has there ever been a better sell in the history of professional wrestling!?

A.M.A.Z.I.N.G :eek::D:)
  • KOE_9_ASHKOE_9_ASH Posts: 239
    Forum Member
    Ebo_Elder wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-unnxVTDhQ

^

A.M.A.Z.I.N.G :eek::D:)

Yes. Every Ric Flair sell ever. ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87
    Forum Member
    Dont forget the ppv is tonight on challenge 10pm

what match are you most looking forward to??
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SamoaJoe wins the MAXIMUM IMPACT TOURNAMENT which will see him get a shot at the World Heavyweight Title at the UK tour in late January.

JOE WON SOMETHING! Oh my gosh!!!
  • ags_ruleags_rule Posts: 19,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kevb9 wrote: »
    Dont forget the ppv is tonight on challenge 10pm

what match are you most looking forward to??

Definitely the Hardy/Jarrett match. Can see Hardy being in his element, expecting a few great spots.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ebo_Elder wrote: »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZXUNZjWTc8

or this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rdSa2lSajs&feature=related :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for whoever posted saying the PPV is at 10pm! It's now time to decide whether to get back into TNA depending on this show :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pretty Decent PPV, Really liked most of the matches, however they are really making a monkey of the main event. I like a cowardly heel as much as anyone, but think they are making RR too "cartoony". It goes against a character he hs been portraying for such a long time, it is too far too fast with this leap. Have no problem with him running if he is being dominated, but Aj was done, and RR leaves the ring, it just doesn't make sense, he could have done that at several points when under the cosh.
    Knockouts match was also ruined by Madisons run-in, again pointless!
  • Georged123Georged123 Posts: 5,762
    Forum Member
    Good PPV on the whole. Aries is class, Roode vs Styles was very good, Hardy/Jarrett was solid too.

daniel9624 wrote: »
    Pretty Decent PPV, Really liked most of the matches, however they are really making a monkey of the main event. I like a cowardly heel as much as anyone, but think they are making RR too "cartoony". It goes against a character he hs been portraying for such a long time, it is too far too fast with this leap. Have no problem with him running if he is being dominated, but Aj was done, and RR leaves the ring, it just doesn't make sense, he could have done that at several points when under the cosh.Knockouts match was also ruined by Madisons run-in, again pointless!
    I didnt have a problem with that, Roode knew there was only a small amount of time left so decided to play for the draw. You have to see it as a TV show not a real match. There is a similar issue with cage matches when one guy is finished and the other guy is on his feet and starts climbing the cage when he could just go through the cage door and win the match in 3 seconds.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if TNA would do any better if they left Florida. I mean the studio is within the grounds of universal and its free entry. I doubt many people know much if anything about the product and they see it as a nice end of a busy day.
  • Oscar_Oscar_ Posts: 3,191
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why did Jeremy Borash ring-announce that the main event was "scheduled for one fall" when we all knew that it was the most falls scored in 30 minutes?
    Was this the biggest mistake of the evening?

I know that he seems like a nice man and is very UK friendly but there have been times over the last few months when I have thought he needs to up his game a bit.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Okay watching the ppv now and they do seem to know what's going on!
  • kwynne42kwynne42 Posts: 75,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The thing that bothers me about TNA and the rest for that matter is the Referees. They are remarkably unobservant and never see any cheating or what's going on behind them (or in from of them sometimes) yet they are supposed to be the one's that are in control but never are.
  • ags_ruleags_rule Posts: 19,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great PPV, one of TNA's best for a while. Main event was excellent and unlike some others didn't have a problem with the ending; there is absolutely no requirement for the match to go to Sudden Death as the champion's advantage still applies, so it is entirely their decision. Roode walking away from the match was perfectly in keeping with the way they have booked his character since the heel turn; the most important thing is keeping the world title, nothing else matters.
  • mightykevmightykev Posts: 47
    Forum Member
    kwynne42 wrote: »
    The thing that bothers me about TNA and the rest for that matter is the Referees. They are remarkably unobservant and never see any cheating or what's going on behind them (or in from of them sometimes) yet they are supposed to be the one's that are in control but never are.

Really, that's what bothers you? referees miss things all the time, every week football referees miss things and they're actual real referees, not wrestling referees!
    Forum Member
    Thought the PPV was pretty good, Angle v Storm was quite boring though, also DVON and the pope are a really crap team, think pope should go back to being solo and DVON should just quit, or get some new moves apart from his flying shoulder blocks/clothlines! But I do like Crimson and Morgan as a team, Crimson is much better in that then when he is a solo wrestler. And Austin Aries was brilliant as always, funny end to his match with him handing Kash the belt as a distraction then hitting the Brainbuster.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mightykev wrote: »
    Really, that's what bothers you? referees miss things all the time, every week football referees miss things and they're actual real referees, not wrestling referees!

Football happens live in real life therefore they do makes mistakes, however in TNA, the referees are scripted to look like complete idiots.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thought the first few matches were a bit meh, but then it all really kicked into gear and I ended up really enjoying it - i actually watched pretty much every match after the first couple which is rare for me nowadays :)

I loved the finish to the X-Division match - simple and clean. Gives the belt more value IMO.

The women's match was terrific apart from the ending where madison clearly was late on her cue to run down :)

i don't think mickie could have gotten back in the ring any slower ..
  • jamespondojamespondo Posts: 6,040
    Forum Member
    Can't disagree -- I too enjoyed the PPV.

Completely agree about the first few matches being completely forgettable. Didn't expect much from the tag match as all of them are painfully average when it comes to in-ring ability. But concerning RVD/Daniels, it's amazing how what was a dream match six of seven years ago is now such a letdown.

X division bout was a good solid effort. Knockouts match was one of the most competence you'll see from mainstream female wrestlers; can't wait for the re-match. Storm/Angle dragged a bit but was a good match. For once the outside shenanigans made a TNA cage match better -- good entertaining bout from Jarrett and Hardy (who has seen better days). Really enjoyed the main event, not a classic but very good and a major improvement on their match last month. Ending made Roode seem an even bigger arsehole.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    First time watching TNA in a while and on the whole it was quite good, there are a few negatives though:

Far too many questionable finishes and not enough clean wins

Why did they show the divas video package twice? That surely could of been cut out it looked amateurish.

Why does that Kash guy look like a 40 year old trying to be 20?

Quite dissapointed by the Hardy vs Jarrett match in honesty, and I'm a MASSIVE Hardy fan.
    Forum Member
    But Hardy's swanton bomb off the top of the cage was sick, you've got to appreciate someone who is willing to do that to themselves.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mightykev wrote: »
    But Hardy's swanton bomb off the top of the cage was sick, you've got to appreciate someone who is willing to do that to themselves.

When you say that I think of Angle and think... no.

This however! ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoqBAooydUI
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I suppose it's no small coincidence that with Russo no longer being in charge of creative, the quality of the action is on an upward slope.
This discussion has been closed.