Options

EE: Phil's Salad WAS Pathetic

FusionFuryFusionFury Posts: 14,121
Forum Member
✭✭
Lettuce and Tomato?

No salad cream? no pork pie? no chicken?

I don't expect Ben to be Gordon Ramsay but he could've rustled up something tastier and healthy at the same time.

Phil 'this looks like something that grown in the square' cracked me up ! he's comedy gold recently ! :D

Comments

• Options
    Scorpio2Scorpio2 Posts: 5,632
    Forum Member
    I wouldn't eat that. I like some chicken, cheese and pickles in my salad.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And when did Abi become Phil's keeper? 'you can't live on fizzy pop and chips' yes he can shut up Abi ! he's dying anyway like he cares.. let the man have some enjoyment before he dies FFS !:D
  • Options
    _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It definitely needed some protein in it. Some nuts or chicken or olives or something. I could have rustled him up a lovely Greek salad, healthy and delicious. Step it up, Ben.
  • Options
    Zeus89Zeus89 Posts: 3,102
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Phil's face was a picture he was like "what is this shit! You expect the Don, the bloody Don of Walford to eat rabbit food?"
    Ben was found the next day on Walford commons.
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Last night's episode of EE was another reminder of why i hate Salad with a passion
  • Options
    davejc64davejc64 Posts: 6,077
    Forum Member
    A nice bit of ham a pork pie and a Scotch egg would have been nice,
  • Options
    pippy32pippy32 Posts: 98
    Forum Member
    There was only around 10 calories in that Salad by the look of it and the variety was surely lacking not to get the vitimins minerals one requires. It needed some pulses, grains, nuts or seeds of some sort and more variety of vegetables.
  • Options
    HankshawHankshaw Posts: 4,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They could have done him a home made vegetable curry. Very healthy and nutritious. But then people in soap are always idiots when it comes to food. Healthy always = rabbit food.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hankshaw wrote: »
    They could have done him a home made vegetable curry. Very healthy and nutritious. But then people in soap are always idiots when it comes to food. Healthy always = rabbit food.

Think Phil thrown it into the bin when Abi and Ben went into the living room.. and went off to the chippy for his chips and fizzy pop ! and I don't blame him :D
  • Options
    0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They missed a trick not having Kath there to give him some mayo. Phil thinks its a come on and Kath snorts: My salad days,When I was green in judgment, cold in blood,
    To say as I said then!
  • Options
    kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,257
    Forum Member
    It was woeful wasn't it.

Abi's "you can't live on chips and fizzy drinks" - yes he can if he wants to, he is an adult who has the right to make his own decisions. Saying you do,'t want to eat a salad as pathetic as that does not mean he is behaving like a child.

Jeez, the man is having to give up alcohol, at least let him have some enjoyment from food! Plus, it is possible for something to be healthy, nutritious and tasty!
  • Options
    BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    Better than Lauren's 'sandwiches'. :mad:
  • Options
    Aurora13Aurora13 Posts: 30,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Enough to get him back on the drink. I love salad but ye gods what was that.
  • Options
    EssexJosh96EssexJosh96 Posts: 824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah the Salad was missing the Gin drizzle...:D:D:D
  • Options
    Collins1965Collins1965 Posts: 13,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kitkat1971 wrote: »
    It was woeful wasn't it.

Abi's "you can't live on chips and fizzy drinks" - yes he can if he wants to, he is an adult who has the right to make his own decisions. Saying you do,'t want to eat a salad as pathetic as that does not mean he is behaving like a child.

Jeez, the man is having to give up alcohol, at least let him have some enjoyment from food! Plus, it is possible for something to be healthy, nutritious and tasty!

I was thinking that too - he's already trying to give up the drink, making him eat rabbit food as well could be the straw that breaks the camel's back :D

It's good to eat healthily but that doesn't mean it has to be tasteless as well!
  • Options
    bean_of_sbbean_of_sb Posts: 7,841
    Forum Member
    Phil's salad would have been perfect material for Harry hill's TV Burp!
  • Options
    Alex_SullivanAlex_Sullivan Posts: 10,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't worry, people in soaps always have one quick nibble at their dinner and then abandon it or they do that prodding-at-it-with-a-fork-while-thinking-about-something-else thing that you seldom see anyone do in real life - Do none of these people ever feel hungry?

After not eating their food they go to the pub, take one sip of a drink they must pay at least £2:50 for and then race off if some plot device requires them to be elsewhere.
  • Options
    Lady VoldemortLady Voldemort Posts: 10,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think they're trying to starve the poor sod to death before his liver gets a chance to completely pack in.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Couldn't they just put it all in a salad bowl and add some Mayo? He might've ate it with a salad dressing, some ham and cheese
  • Options
    acid rainacid rain Posts: 6,997
    Forum Member
    FusionFury wrote: »
    Lettuce and Tomato?

No salad cream? no pork pie? no chicken?

I don't expect Ben to be Gordon Ramsay but he could've rustled up something tastier and healthy at the same time.

Phil 'this looks like something that grown in the square' cracked me up ! he's comedy gold recently ! :D

Well, that's usually the salad that I have.

Who would put Pork Pie in a salad? :confused:
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    acid rain wrote: »
    Well, that's usually the salad that I have.

Who would put Pork Pie in a salad? :confused:

:D:D:D
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe Phil's salad needed a good tossing...........
  • Options
    haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Salad to Phil is like Spinach to Popeye.
    He'll soon be strong enough to sort out the entire square!
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Makson wrote: »
    Maybe Phil's salad needed a good tossing...........

:o:D:D

I will add some home made salad dressing from myself at the thought of that :p
  • Options
    Peg ODwyerPeg ODwyer Posts: 43,117
    Forum Member
    Maybe it was already dressed in oil & vinegar, salads can be good, without a big dollop of fatty dressings. However, in half way houses, where they are trying to keep alckies off the booze, they normally pile them high with donuts & other sugary offerings, to try & keep the alcohol cravings down.